Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I would grab one of my old Belgian Browning Auto 5s every single time.

In fact I have one at the foot of my bed right now, that serves as a repellent dispenser for unwanted guests.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zqegQWN.jpg?1[/img]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mac,that looks like a Frank Hamer Special. Just as effective today as it ever was. I recall the Remington Model 11 was Charlie Askins pick when he was working the Tex/Mex border.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I rolled the dice on a Remington V3 (no need for the 3.5" capability of the versamax). I had to send it back to big green as the bolt had a poorly drilled firing pin hole and the gun would fail to fire. To their credit they fixed it and covered shipping both ways. I was looking at an A300 but the V3 fit me a bit better. So far I like it and shoot it better than the Ithaca I grew up with. I still haven't run 25 straight in wobble trap, but have broke 24 and shoot in the mid to high 20's most of the time, which is pretty good for me. It is light and points well and I have enjoyed shooting and hunting with it. I know it isn't a popular choice, but it is supposed to be their answer to the Italians.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by K1500
I rolled the dice on a Remington V3 (no need for the 3.5" capability of the versamax). I had to send it back to big green as the bolt had a poorly drilled firing pin hole and the gun would fail to fire. To their credit they fixed it and covered shipping both ways. I was looking at an A300 but the V3 fit me a bit better. So far I like it and shoot it better than the Ithaca I grew up with. I still haven't run 25 straight in wobble trap, but have broke 24 and shoot in the mid to high 20's most of the time, which is pretty good for me. It is light and points well and I have enjoyed shooting and hunting with it. I know it isn't a popular choice, but it is supposed to be their answer to the Italians.

Keep us posted on your time with this one. They are getting a lot of positive reviews from new owners. If they continue to work over time they look like a good value for the price from Remington.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Benelli for me, Have a 25 year old M1 super 90 that has never jammed ever. Gave both my boys M2's for their birthdays, same deal there. Daughter got a little different treatment, has a Beretta for the soft shooting benefit. Nice little gun, just takes more TLC to keep it running.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bob_B257

Keep us posted on your time with this one. They are getting a lot of positive reviews from new owners. If they continue to work over time they look like a good value for the price from Remington.

Will do. I have about 600 or so rounds through it now. The only real critique I have of the gun (other than the bolt which I will assume was an isolated incident) is the forend vent spits a small V of orange fire in low light, and occasionally you can feel a small shock wave/powder particle from said vent. It isn't a big deal to me, but it exists.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
benelli montefeltro

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Bob_B257

+1 on this. Not a Remington fan but a job well done is a job well done. Good to see an American manufacturer given the Italians a run for their money. I'll be in the market for a shotgun for one of my kids in a few years and would love it if Remington is a serious consideration. I hope the V3 is everything they say it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used the same H&K import 24" Montefeltro for 99+% of my wingshooting since 1991.

Plenty of women and even more rifles have come and gone in that time.

GE

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Didn't read the earlier responses ( why start now?0 but my vote would be a Benelli Supersport.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
I've used the same H&K import 24" Montefeltro for 99+% of my wingshooting since 1991.

Plenty of women and even more rifles have come and gone in that time.

GE

Now that's an endorsement on reliability!! .... both ways.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Funny stuff ... And true
For me, the answer to the question is Benelli

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For most bird hunting, A-5.

For ducks, Beretta A390.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Auto-5

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
1100 magnum is my fave.
Bismuth 2's and geese...........wonderful combo.
1300 fps lead clay loads will run em fine too.
Dove or geese, live for the triple smile

I've had three old 80's era shiny mags. No probs.
Currently run a beater SP mag I got cheap.
Will not run steel dove loads, so got another beater 1100 for that.

The magnums, back in the day...........came with decent recoil pads (where the regs just had buttplates).
Both of my 1100's now wear synthetic.
Thinking about adding weight............but if I pick up pop's 1100 trap..........I'll just make that my dove gun.
It works very well for that (but will need a diff bbl to run steel at F&W areas).

I like a heavy dove gun. Smoothes things out and easier on shoulder at end of the day.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ingwe
Didn't read the earlier responses ( why start now?0 but my vote would be a Benelli Supersport.

Like ingwe, I haven't read the entire thread but will vote emphatically for the Super Black Eagle. In addition to being available in a LH model for us lefties, it will digest about anything I can shove into the magazine. If I had to limit myself to one shotgun (perish the notion) it would be my SBE.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Beretta. I have 3 303s that I have been running for years.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Beretta 390 and 391, SOFT recoil, and little to no maintance. SBE kicked my brains out, same as pump on heavy loads, sold it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give the Hatfield SAS a try. Yeah, I know, its made in Turkey, and its only $198 at Walmart.
I bought one thee months ago after intensive research online and talking with the boys at Hatfield.
The early ones had fore-end cracking problems since the gun was held together by the fore-end cap. Recoil would go into the fore-end and crack it.
The newer ones made in 2017 have a barrel nut that screws down over the magazine tube and eliminates the problem'
Since this is a field gun, it was designed to function with 1 1/8 oz. of shot of at least 1250 fps. but I have found that it works flawlessly with 1 oz. loads in the 1290 to 1315 range.
The gun is basically a knock off of a Beretta 390.
It comes with a full, modified, and improved cylinder choke tube, all in a nice little case.
It also comes with a regular and high brass gas piston.
No o rings like the 1100. No need to use heavy loads like the A-5
Nice blued barrel,anodized reciever, and straight grained WALNUT stock and fore-end.
The choke tubes are Berreta/Benneli thread.
I use it for both trap and skeet and it works fine

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
see my post, page 6

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,606 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,965
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.