Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Has anyone tried the mouthguards that are supposed to reduce/eliminate snoring? It has been suggested that I might want to try something, anything!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's been suggested that I might find a plastic bag to be of use.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had two.

I only used the first one for a couple of days before my little bacon thieving mutt grabbed it off the night stand and chewed it into several hundred tiny pieces. That was $50 down the drain.

I paid $100 for the next one. It is adjustable, and I've found it to be effective. But the silicone is separating from the "chasis" of it and it won't keep my lower jaw extended anymore. I knew it was failing several days ago so I hopped on the net to find a replacement. I kept seeing these devices for 50 to 100 dollars, so I hopped on to Walmart's website and found quite a variety of them for sale starting at about six bucks. I ordered four different styles to try out for less than $25 delivered. I expect at least one of them to be satisfactory.

If you get one, be prepared to not like the way it feels having your mouth stuffed with one of these. You'll probably drool like an SOB the first couple of nights, but hang with it. You'll get used to one of these things in fairly short order and if snoring is a real problem for you, I think you'll find it worth the trouble and effort.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Has anyone tried the mouthguards that are supposed to reduce/eliminate snoring? It has been suggested that I might want to try something, anything!

that sounds like apnea - sleep study, one choice to fix it is the mouth piece you mentioned, $3000.00 - the machine is 200,00 +/- per year

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dirty socks work great....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

So, your wife is pissed, huh?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, your wife is pissed, huh?

I told my wife if she worked a little harder around the house during the day, a little snoring wouldn't bother her at night. Yeah, that didn't go so well.

See your doc, get a sleep study.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
wife did sleep study - tried cpap and hated it.
mouthguard worked great - until dog ate it. $400 to replace.
Another 1 made it year, same dog, another $400.
It worth it for the sleep she gets with it.
Likely would be smart to shoot the dog before #3.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JImmy here with zyppah....

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
CPAP is in order. I just got one and its pretty amazing

There are a couple threads going on now about them. (Ignore the ignorant)

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by acooper1983
JImmy here with zyppah....

Damn that annoying sounding SOB! About like a Silverado, ain't happening as long as there's an alternative!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use the Snore-Rx device. It took a few days to get used to, but now I like it. I sleep better and my wife does, too.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What worked the best for me was a cuddle for a while, then a second bedroom. Okay what really works well these days are two Howard Leight Leight Sleepers earplugs. There are ear plugs and then there are really good ear plugs and someone had better wake me up if the smoke alarm goes off because these ear plugs are that good. www.howardleightconsumer.com

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

snoring and apnea are different, might be worth a sleep study to see if it's apnea a CPAP will probably stop the snoring (did for my Dad).

I wear a $30 mouth piece, very much like the old football rubber mouthguards from high school. Doesn't do much for snoring, but if you have TMJ and grind your teeth, it works for that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked the doc about mouth pieces as it seemed like a good solution , especially for travelers.

She told me that the mouth piece might prevent snoring but not apnea. I'm not sure of the details as to why but you may be solving the most annoying problem but not the most dangerous one (unless your wife shoots you in your sleep for keeping her awake)

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (325wsm1, 10gaugemag, 35, 6mmbrfan, 12 invisible), 13,765 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,002
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.