Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
We're gonna try the Financial Peace University approach to things, so I'm parting with a bunch of stuff that doesn't get much, if any, use at the present.

1) CZ 452 Trainer in .22LR. Has some stock wear from use. Trigger is nice, action is super smooth. Includes one steel 5rnd mag and a peep insert for the tanget sight. $375 shipped.

2) CZ 452 Varmint in .17HMR. Made in '03, this one also shows some wear. Has a vintage Weaver V12 4-12x (duplex) mounted right now. Trigger isVERY light, so I'd recommend increasing the pull weight if you're going to carry this around in the field much. This was a local purchase, but I've never had a chance to fire it myself. Aside from the light trigger pull, everything passes a function test, and the prior owner says it's very accurate. $525 shipped.

3) CZ 527FS in .223REM. This one is in amazing condition with some tiger striping in the stock and a 1:9 twist. Has the set trigger. Includes the factory box and papers and one 5rnd magazine. A gorgeous rifle for light/medium game or varmint hunting. $775 shipped.

4) CZ 550FS in 9.3x62mm Mauser. This one has nice grain to the stock, which is the newer style with the more pronounced pistol grip. Includes the box and all papers. A recent acqusition, this is the one I'll miss the most, but we're opting to "live like nobody else, so one day we can live like nobody else," or however thr saying goes! $825 shipped.

Photos up soon. No trades, we're paying down debts. Any questions, just ask. Thanks!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went through a Ramsey inspired purge after my wife got pregnant. I wish I still had some of those guns, but I'd rather have my son more. I haven't been able to maintain the intensity of that time, but we haven't gone backwards after he was born either. Clearing out some of that debt put us on much better ground.
Good luck with your quest

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Listening to Dave right now,doing better than I deserve,
Good luck with your sale,

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the support guys! We've got a long road ahead of us (mostly student loans), but we're committed to hanmering it out!

CZ452 Trainer has sold. The other two are still available, with sunlight photos coming by no later than Monday. Thanks!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Way to go OP! Dave’s plan changed my life and the lives of my family...probably even the next generation yet to come. It works. Do a debt free scream here when you’re done.

Last edited by hound46; 11/12/17.
IC B2

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by hound46
Way to go OP! Dave’s plan changed my life and the lives of my family...probably even the next generation yet to come. It works. Do a debt free scream here when you’re done.

Hahaha, if this forum is still around then, sure! But the student loans between my wife and I are gonna take a decade or so, hahaha.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Dave Ramsey is partly responsible for a lot of the "one and done" rifle threads!

Liquidation becomes addictive and there is great feeling of "order" to all your stuff. Amazing what you may have once found to be pleasurable easily became a burden without you knowing it. My best day of handloading was the day I hauled my bench and gear to a buddy's house.

Keep telling yourself (and your wife) this:

"80% return on 20% effort"

It's a good way to roll...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Agree with going positive side of the balance sheet. Especially student loans, credit balances, car/truck loans, and mortgages. Just couldn't bring myself to adding my gun safe, hand loading, gunsmithing, and other hunting gear to that side, yet. The wife gets to do that once I crawl into a hole. Till then, that stuff remains my only vice. I did substantially reduce my collection, including an outfitter tent and other gear that I hadn't used in years that sold yesterday, three years ago after the first back surgery. I have hip and another back surgery coming up next year and will probably thin some more.

We have another 10 months of mortgage and we will be totally debit free. That's all great and wonderful, but a guy has to have something to occupy free time. If I have too much free time that isn't filled with fun stuff, usually get into trouble!

Good luck with your sale. That 9.3 is tempting.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, we have a long row to hoe, as they say. We could probably have everything but student loans paid off in about 18-24 months, and it would only take that long because of the student loan payments we have to make at the same time. Those are gonna take a good number of years to pay off, I'm afraid.

That having been said, I'm certainly not getting rid of everything, haha. Just stuff that's a duplicate or not really necessary. I could absolutely find a use for everything I own, but when I can get multiple iobs done with one rifle, there's no need to have so many at this stage of life. I can always go on the hunt to replace these later when I have more play money and fewer debts. wink

Last edited by Basher; 11/12/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good on ya for making what can be a tough decision. Stick to the baby steps. We made the same one 4yrs ago and debt free for the last 2.5 has been incredible and the house will be gone in 3 more...and that's with having 3 kids in the last 5! Live like no one else and good luck with the sale!

And +1 on doing the debt free scream when the time comes...you'll have earned it.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
better than I deserve
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep hammering away, beans & rice, rice & beans. The only time you'll see the inside of a restaurant is if you are working there. Love Brother Dave.

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
PHOTOS!!!

CZ 527FS:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

CZ 550FS:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
$500 shipped for the CZ 452 Varmint

$750 shipped for the CZ 527FS

$800 shipped for the CZ 550FS

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Bump!

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Make me an offer, I need to move these!

B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
The CZ 452 Varmint is sold.

$740 on the CZ 527

$790 on the CZ 550FS

I
IDK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
pls send me pics of the 527

mike.nolinwgpm.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cant see pix
good luck!

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
B
Basher Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I'm not sure why some folks can see photos and others can't, but if you'd like some photos and can't see them, let me know and I can email them to you. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,991
Posts18,481,100
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.