Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't watch much NASCAR, but I just tuned in and what do I see? Danica bouncing off the wall for no reason. LOL! smile
I understand she is retiring. Probably good for the safety of the other drivers. Seems like she was #1 at 2 things at least - getting sponsorship and bouncing off walls. laugh

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't watch much either, but there are some funny youtube videos re what other drivers think of DP.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
She blew a right side tire in a turn. When that happens, you're going into the wall.

μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Blew the right front tire. Had moved up from 25th to about 18th at the time. Her NASCAR career is now over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She certainly has not exactly set the track on fire but she is consistently better than 8-10 other drivers.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Time to give it up

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
She was running 2 laps down when she crashed...pretty much like her nascar career
I wonder how many cars she has crashed and it would also be interesting to know how many competitors cars she has taken with her

I am one gun away from happy
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I believe from 16th or so on back at the time, were 2 or more laps down. IIRC, she was ahead of 7-Time and within a couple positions of Junior.. just for perspective.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
She still the best looking driver on the track....

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Tansun
She still the best looking driver on the track....

Fortunately the other drivers have their wives in the pits!
It is not that Danica wants to stop driving, it is more like no one wants to pay her to wreck their cars next year

I am one gun away from happy
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will be glad to hear no more of her...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
I will be glad to hear no more of her...

Me too. She was average, at best, and that was on a good day. Had she not be a good looking female, she would never have made it to the big time. Time for her to get back in the kitchen.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Never could understand the level of hate directed her way.

-=[Bob]=-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
. . . Seems like she was #1 at 2 things at least - , , ,

Chantilly lace and a pretty face! smile

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why all the animosity towards Patrick...Not NASCAR follower, but had no idea people were not fond of her..wondering why?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just a bunch of old rednecks spreading hate again.....move along.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't do? . . . Can't Stay!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
She was running 2 laps down when she crashed...pretty much like her nascar career
I wonder how many cars she has crashed and it would also be interesting to know how many competitors cars she has taken with her

Interesting...
http://ricsize.com/why-does-danica-patrick-wreck-so-often-in-nascar/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I can tell you where a lot of that came from because I was one of them. When she first came into NASCAR, she's all we heard about. We heard about her running 43rd, with, "Did we mention that she's a woman?" We'd get lectures on how women had been discriminated on for centuries and how wonderful this is for "the sport". If she passed someone for 39th, we heard, "Wow, Danica passed somebody for 39th! Have we mentioned that she's a woman?" They'd focus the camera on her running 39th lap after lap while real action was happening at the lead while the announcers would go on and on about how great it is for all womankind that a woman was running in NASCAR. mad

In those early years, we'd see her get bumped by someone else and the announcers would talk about how she couldn't let that stand, as a woman. She needed to retaliate. Then she'd attempt to retaliate and usually wreck herself. She'd throw a hissy fit after wrecking and it would be all on camera. I'd read about, and sometimes hear, from women that they liked Danica "because she's a woman". (Kind of like how they were supposed to support Hillary "because she's a woman".) I was totally disgusted by all of this and resented her even being there and would be happy when she'd crash out.

Probably about 3 years ago, I noticed that she didn't get mentioned all the time, so I didn't resent her quite as much. Last year, she was barely mentioned at all unless there was something to mention. This year.. the same. In fact, I got curious towards the end of the first half of the season as to just what goes on, in a 25th place team after she finished 15th or better for two or three races in a row. Was it the driver that can't drive worth a crap, or the team can't get their act together, or what? So I bought a subscription to listen to the radio channels of the drivers and followed her team's radio transmissions every race through at least the last half of the season.

I've learned a lot, at least once I got over my resentment. I thought a car would be either loose or tight and they just needed to fix that. Instead I've learned about things I didn't even know exist that I can't even begin to describe. I wish I could, but I'd be oversimplifying it if I tried to describe the conversations I've overheard between her and the crew chief. Long story short, I still don't know if it is the driver or the team. I do know there are some pretty high power multiple car teams where a couple drivers perform and other drivers who had a lot of previous success don't run anywhere near the level of their teamates.

Some of the surprising things I've learned have been, I can't remember her getting a penalty on pit road (except a couple times where a crew member screwed up and even that was rare), and that other drivers frequently try to intentionally wreck her. I can't think of a wreck she's been in the last half of the season where she screwed up. She either got caught up in a wreck not of her doing, or a part broke. Like I said at the beginning, that wasn't the case in the early years. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of hers by any means, but I have developed a lot more respect for her than I did have.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bhemry

I can tell you where a lot of that came from because I was one of them. When she first came into NASCAR, she's all we heard about. We heard about her running 43rd, with, "Did we mention that she's a woman?" We'd get lectures on how women had been discriminated on for centuries and how wonderful this is for "the sport". If she passed someone for 39th, we heard, "Wow, Danica passed somebody for 39th! Have we mentioned that she's a woman?" They'd focus the camera on her running 39th lap after lap while real action was happening at the lead while the announcers would go on and on about how great it is for all womankind that a woman was running in NASCAR. mad

In those early years, we'd see her get bumped by someone else and the announcers would talk about how she couldn't let that stand, as a woman. She needed to retaliate. Then she'd attempt to retaliate and usually wreck herself. She'd throw a hissy fit after wrecking and it would be all on camera. I'd read about, and sometimes hear, from women that they liked Danica "because she's a woman". (Kind of like how they were supposed to support Hillary "because she's a woman".) I was totally disgusted by all of this and resented her even being there and would be happy when she'd crash out.

Probably about 3 years ago, I noticed that she didn't get mentioned all the time, so I didn't resent her quite as much. Last year, she was barely mentioned at all unless there was something to mention. This year.. the same. In fact, I got curious towards the end of the first half of the season as to just what goes on, in a 25th place team after she finished 15th or better for two or three races in a row. Was it the driver that can't drive worth a crap, or the team can't get their act together, or what? So I bought a subscription to listen to the radio channels of the drivers and followed her team's radio transmissions every race through at least the last half of the season.

I've learned a lot, at least once I got over my resentment. I thought a car would be either loose or tight and they just needed to fix that. Instead I've learned about things I didn't even know exist that I can't even begin to describe. I wish I could, but I'd be oversimplifying it if I tried to describe the conversations I've overheard between her and the crew chief. Long story short, I still don't know if it is the driver or the team. I do know there are some pretty high power multiple car teams where a couple drivers perform and other drivers who had a lot of previous success don't run anywhere near the level of their teamates.

Some of the surprising things I've learned have been, I can't remember her getting a penalty on pit road (except a couple times where a crew member screwed up and even that was rare), and that other drivers frequently try to intentionally wreck her. I can't think of a wreck she's been in the last half of the season where she screwed up. She either got caught up in a wreck not of her doing, or a part broke. Like I said at the beginning, that wasn't the case in the early years. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of hers by any means, but I have developed a lot more respect for her than I did have.

So as a fan you got tired of her getting unearned attention..OK, I get that, but did she ask for that attention I'm thinking any woman in NASCAR will automatically get that attention whether they want it or not?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.