Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have about $400.00 to spend.Some thing 6 or 7 power small and light.I have 8X32 Conquests now and they are too big.Thanks for your opinions,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I know they are way, way below your budget, but I continue to be impressed with the 6x30 Leupold Yosemites.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have some 8X20 Alpen Wings I will sell for $100 plus shipping. If you don't like them return them and I will refund your money.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I know they are way, way below your budget, but I continue to be impressed with the 6x30 Leupold Yosemites.

Me too! They are way better than the price would indicate. Clear as a bell and a wide field of view even if you wear glasses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
May I suggest a
Steiner Safari Ultrasharp 8x22 for $169.99
Next step up would be a Kowa BD25-8GR 8x25mm listed at $275.00

Please feel free to give us a call to discuss different options

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ringman
I have some 8X20 Alpen Wings I will sell for $100 plus shipping. If you don't like them return them and I will refund your money.

This is a great deal. I have these glasses and wear them whenever I am moving in the outdoors, clear bright and light.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Give the Zeiss Terra 8x25 a try....Made in Japan....way better than you would expect....

gunut
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
True story: I was at bass pro trying to look at Swarovski glass, the clerk kept trying to feed me Zeiss terra stuff and talking about the price.

That is the only redeeming quality of those optics, glass is clear but goes to absolute [bleep] anywhere but dead ahead. They had me getting dizzy in 15 seconds it was rediculous. Your better off with $100-200 vortex specials or some small leupolds.

Last edited by Mjduct; 11/21/17.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
[quote=Mjduct]True story: I was at bass pro trying to look at Swarovski glass, the clerk kept trying to feed me Zeiss terra stuff and talking about the price.

That is the only redeeming quality of those optics, glass is clear but goes to absolute [bleep] anywhere but dead ahead. They had me getting dizzy in 15 seconds it was rediculous. Your better off with $100-200 vortex specials or some small leupolds.[/quote

the larger Terras are decent but not for everyone....but the 8x25 Terra is a little gem....

gunut
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunut
Give the Zeiss Terra 8x25 a try....Made in Japan....way better than you would expect....

I agree. Very close to my Swaro 8x25, but a lot less money.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers

Me too! They are way better than the price would indicate. Clear as a bell and a wide field of view even if you wear glasses.

I will third this. Save the money and put it towards something else. The Yosemite’s are some of the best binos for the money. I have a pair of 6x and 8x. Have had them for years in downpours and blizzards and they have never failed me. Some really clear glass as well.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Motown

I will third this. Save the money and put it towards something else. The Yosemite’s are some of the best binos for the money. I have a pair of 6x and 8x. Have had them for years in downpours and blizzards and they have never failed me. Some really clear glass as well.

What they said...and that's coming from a guy that really likes alpha glass.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the 6x30 Yosemites and recommend them without hesitation.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Unfortunately there are very few good options. I picked up a set of Leupold Katmai's in an 8X32 years ago. Despite the 32mm objective they are pretty small. Later found they made a 6X32 version, but by that time Leupold had discontinued all the Katmai binoculars. I eventually found some 6X32's still in stock and bought them too. I REALLY like the 6X32's and if you can locate some would highly recommend them. I paid around $300 IIRC, but haven't seen any for sale in years so i have no idea what a used pair might sell for.

Some photos:

Can't get link to work. Google leupold katmai photos

And yet another vote for the Yosemites. For under $100 they are probably just as good optically as my Katmai's. I keep a pair in the truck and often take them hunting when I forget to bring something better They aren't quite as small, but aren't big at all.

Last edited by JMR40; 11/22/17.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Another vote for the Yosemite's, I'm very surprised how much clearer, brighter, and glare-resistant they are than several of my $500 scopes.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Be advised the propensity toward suckage rises very quickly below 32 mm objective. I had some 8 x 28 Diamondbacks that were utter turds. I've actually never used binos that were worth a toot smaller than 30mms. But, have never used pricey Euros in that class.

Are 6 x 30s really smaller than what you have?

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone posted that these binos from Eagle are nearly identical to the Leupold Yosemite, and are being closed out for $57. No personal experience but I'm pretty fond of the Yosemite.

Eagle Kingbird

Last edited by SockPuppet; 11/22/17.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'd look at the Yosemites, as suggested.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every time I deer hunt in the woods I use my Vortex Viper 6x32’s i bought from Cameraland maybe 8 years ago. I still consider them one of the best investments I ever made. If you find a used set, grab them pronto!

If Doug could talk Vortex into doing a special Campfire run of them, I’d buy a few more pair....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought my Dad a pair of these for his truck. We liked them so we, I bought a pair. We both use them for deer hunting in PA. I believe Doug carries these as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GSLBSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,135
Posts18,502,708
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.