Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My senior year after a football game for "indecent exposure". I and three other teammates were looking for someplace to eat after an away game. Walking down the main drag, a car load of girls passed by catcalling at us. We Hollander back and the girls drove around the block and past us again. They did this again and when they went around the block to repeat driving by, we mooned them.

Unfortunately, a cop was down the block and saw what we did. He stopped us and gave us tickets. I was 18 so I was allowed to take charge of my buddies so we didn't have to contact our coach or parents. We had to appear in court to pay the fine which fortunately was after the season ended and gave us a reason to skip school. All told, fine and court costs ran something like $60 dollars each.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Good evening to you sir, I trust all is well with you folks tonight and your fire is as cheery and warm as our's is on a snowy night in December.

I can very clearly recall the first ticket I got wabigoon - they called it "spinning tires" back then and then I was 16 and dating the mayor's daughter..... therein lies the twist in the tail or tale....

We were unique in that town in that they had a town or provincial police constable and not an RCMP patrol. The constable, one Cst. Mike Dyck, knew I dated the mayor's daughter as my jacked up, bright red and very loud '71 T37 was outside Gil's house every weekend. Now Gil didn't really appreciate me much - maybe any actually - but to both of their credits neither he or Cst Dyck gave me anymore grief than I deserved because of it.

So it came to pass one night that after I'd dropped the mayor's daughter off for the night that I met a couple cousins and we took turns burning donuts on the pavement between the hockey and curling rink. About the third doughnut the red light came on - remember when there was only a single red light anyone?

Cst. Dyck said to me, "I woulda let you go with one honestly Dwayne, but the second one sealed the deal and when you came around the third time I figured I had to write you up." And he did.

Sadly, when I had to go to traffic court to pay the fine, Cst. Dyck had been hospitalized because of an on duty motor vehicle accident so the judge, a stand in RCMP Constable and I had to hash out Cst. Dyck's notes. As I recall the conversation, the RCMP Constable figured the fine should be $200 and I suggested $100. The judge looked up at both of us and said he'd split it in the middle and so he did.

I had to run the tractor a long time at $5 an hour to pay it off too wabigoon.

Unlike other esteemed and quicker learning members here, it was not my last motor vehicle infraction - by a long, long stretch........ wink

Thanks for the trip once again down memory lane tonight sir and for letting me spin a tale from a rural Saskatchewan world that no longer exists.

All the best to you and yours this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Remember the FIRST one ??? The group I ran with collected enough moving traffic citations that we could have wall papered a small room. Several of them were "memorable". But have no recollection of the FIRST one... 40 years later... Still drive 'em like I stole 'em...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1986 speeding 37 in a 25 Paid the 34.00 fine with 19 1 dollar bills and the rest in change. Even though I made my own money my parents kept track of what I spent it on so I had to save it a little at a time. Thought my folks wouldnt find out because they never bought the local paper that ran the court report. Just so happens that my dad bought the paper that week. Someone ratted me out. I quit counting my tickets at over 40. I once got the privilege of getting a speeding ticket in 3 states in 1 day. Indiana. Ohio and Penn. For every ticket I have gotten I have earned 100 more as I tend to look at speed limits as suggestions and not limits. Im not dangerous but if it is safe to run 80 mph Im gonna run 80 mph. Time is money.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
40 in a 30. My older brother just said: "You weren't watching were you?"

Had to learn about speed traps the hard way driving to school. Just once.

Once went around a curve I knew well at around 70 or 75 in a 45 and met a patrolman. Him: "I didn't get a clock on you, how fast were you going?" Me: "Don't know, come this way a lot". Had a nice conversation, and warning. Since, I have figured that if I had admitted to the speed, he would have written me.

One that PO'd me was cutting across a solid white line about 5 feet before it ended on a motorcycle. $100 "gore violation". That guy kept me for half an hour trying to figure if the plates were right. Finally asked me what brand MC. It was in big letters on the harmonica TRIUMPH. I think he was figuring wrong plates or some such, and didn't know Triumph was even still around.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
16. Doing 52 in a 40. Mom went with me to court, fine was $12. Had my license all of about 6 weeks. Back then for a kid the first 6 months the license was probationary and any moving violation resulted in a 2 month suspension. Then it was off to traffic school to get it back. Sat in class and the instructor had everyone state why they were there. Multiple tickets and drunk driving was the norm till it got to me. All I said was speeding, so he asked how fast and I told him 52 in a 40. When he got to the part about the probationary license he had it figured our. The suspension cost me dearly over the next few years in insurance premiums.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First ticket? No idea. However. If you were to ask for most memorable.....well it involved threatening to sue a JUDGE for dereliction of duty, and I won that one. In fact, I received a written apology from the court, and contact info for his superiors, should I decide to pursue it further.
What I was accused of was not illegal, they had the wrong vehicle, and the judge already declared me guilty without all the facts.....and I proved it in open court.
At the time, I did it at full volume as I was being dragged from the court by the bailiff. At that point I lost all restraint on my tounge and let the judge have both barrels.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last ticket I got was for talking on the cell phone while driving down the freeway.

I was on my way to the pawn shop to buy guns.

That was a year ago when cell phone talking did not count as points against the driver's license in this state.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was 16 and my girlfriend and I were on our way to church when I got pulled over for 41 in a 35. The pig was the father of a classmate and was the biggest POS in that department at that time. Sgt. Norman was a violent and out of control drunk. He beat his wife and my classmate unmercifully and regularly but since he was a cop it was acceptable to his brothers in blue. His house was trashed, teepeed and dog [bleep] covered his patrol car many times throughout the years from what I was told. 😉 He’s dead now (thankfully) and so are a couple of his brothers in blue....they met an early demise at the hands of a better person than they were. We had a killer party to celebrate hell’s new arrivals.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 19, I think. The first one was a good one, 169 kmh in a 60 zone. Passing a car on my Suzuki 1100. That one hurt my wallet for a while. Only had three tickets since. Been lucky, I guess.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Throwing missiles at a school bus" $100. Missiles is a fancy word for snowballs. That was pretty much an after school sport that nearly everybody I knew when I was 12 played. I'm just the lucky marksman that got one right through a small open window and hit the busdriver herself. A dozen or so buddies were cheering and applauding my aim as the bus came to a stop. I didn't realize yet that bus was full of rats at the time, or that they were going to take all my life savings and several months future income, or how hard it was going to be sitting down the next few days after my dad heard about it, when I was living the high life of champion school bus hunter -- but I would soon find out, like the first class the next morning when my parents and the police showed up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I was 16, ( the license is not official until you get the first ?), speeding, 58 Ford, city cop, $16 fine.

Any care to tell about the first offense?

B&E, lewdness, scavenging without a permit.

Ugh

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mid 20's. speeding while passing. $5 fine suspended. The judge thought the law was BS.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
71 lemans sport
I was 19 and had to see if the Pontiac would do the 140 on the speedo....it was late at night no one on the road , there was a 3 mile stretch of good flat highway ..I did see tail lights way up ahead but who cares. I stomped it and Pegged it.when I came closer to the tail lights I saw it was not moving so I backed it down to around 100...when I went by the car it was a state patrol....I shut it down and just pulled off the road...I was about a mile ahead of him when I pulled off....and just waited.....he waked up and asked if I had it wide open..I said yes sir...he took my license and wrote me a ticket for 10 over...then gave me a lecture and said he could take my license and impound my car...he was pretty cool and said he gave me a break because I pulled over..
Now that I know he actually had nothing on me really....he was probably doing a report on a previous stop and I probably scared the crap out of him when that Pontiac blasted by...non the less I sure deserved a ticket for that one ....I have had a few 8-10 over that I never should have Been ticketed for..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I "coasted" past a CHP with someone else pulled over on HWY99. Came around a lazy bend and there he was. Threw my Camaro in neutral and idled past at 100.

Sean
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
1975 in a gorgeous 69 Mustang Mach I. I got pulled over and offered a choice of exhibition of speed (burning rubber) or racing. I took the rubber. One of the girls I was with who owned the car tried to talk the cop out of the ticket. He and her older brother were friends in HS. She probably would have gotten out of it but I didn't.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'd just finished building a new front bumper with brush guard and winch mount, last thing I wanted to do was ugly it up with a license plate. Don't think I lasted all of 2 weeks before the red and blues lit me up. First, last and only ticket. Got the ticket cut in half by sending a picture with the license plate mounted. Been stopped a few other times but always got off with a verbal warning. More than once I was grateful someone else was already pulled over or I would have been on the receiving end of a ticket.

"Man is not free unless government is limited. As government expands, liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1967 Newport News Va. “Excessive noise with a vehicle”
Burnin’ Rubber, 19 years old.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was 16, Little Elm, TX, 1974 Ford F-100, cant remember the speeds, but I do know I was 10 over.

Was coming back from duck hunting with a buddy, cop confiscated our guns, said we were not old enough to have them without an adult.

We both had to have a parent retrieve said shotguns. My dad was not happy, with the ticket or the shotguns being confiscated.

Guess who caught the brunt of it?

I havent gotten a speeding ticket since Aug '90(knock on wood).

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This year at the age of 51. 54 in a 45. I was/am still pissed about it.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 15 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.