Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
67 Dodge R/T 440 contest of speed.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F.O.P. one might think that if you were giving other people tickets for speeding, it would be terribly hypocritical to be given a free pass simply because you were in the good ol' boys club. What do they call that? "Above the law" ? We had a judge here in my hometown who made it on Paul Harvey for giving himself a contempt of court fine for being 15 mins late to his own courtroom. He said that he could not conceive anything right about not living by rules himself that he penalized others for breaking -- that is something I can respect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
77 in a 55, I was slowing down.
Didn't lose my license, but there was not one thing on the point schedule I could do and not lose them.
$100 in 1987.

Worst, 70 something, in a 45 construction zone.
Ticket for failure to heed traffic signs.
He didn't want me to lose cdl/job.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This has been an interesting read and like lots of you, the bikes got me in trouble. First one was going to work at 4:30 a.m. at the packing house and running late. Nothing but blinking yellow lights for like 2 miles ahead, straight and no traffic on the road. 35 mph zone was ridiculous which was typical bike brain thinking in those days. 305 Honda and what the heck, probably double the posted speed limit. I was half way into the plant from the parking lot when the cop rolled up with his lights flashing. "Young man, I don't know how fast you were going, but it was too damned fast!"

Funniest one was when I had a two stroke dirt bike and you know how those things load up and don't run well. It wasn't street legal, so I took it down the sidewalk instead for a carbon run. The cop pulled in behind me going into my driveway and got out shaking his head. "I had you doing 45 in a 25 on the sidewalk and I don't even know how to write this one up!" "Is your father home?' And thankfully he was. I don't know what dad told that guy, but I didn't get a ticket.

When I got a car it was a turbocharged Saab that was real comfortable cruising at three numbers. Nice spring day, sun roof open, light traffic... one of those good days to be out on the road. Okay going a little rapidly and this motorcycle comes off the on ramp and starts following me. I had bikes and I knew that they weren't comfortable going real fast out on the highway, so I sped up some. Okay a lot. About a mile down the road that Harley lit up like a Christmas tree. !@#$$. I should have realized that nobody normal would have been wearing a white helmet. "Was there any particular reason that you were going at that rate of speed?" I suppose I could have said that some scary guy on a motorcycle was chasing me, but it didn't occur to me at the time. That one cost me mega bucks.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1lessdog, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 41 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,807
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.