Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
For a small inside dog, extremely family friendly you can not beat a Boston Terrier.

Outside dog ...anything that hunts is fine. Pointer, Lab, German Short hair, etc.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm on my second GSP. 1/2 the size of a Lab without the dangerous tail. An endless bundle of energy...

Eight months old.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by blanket
mountain curs

Yea buddy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

great looking dogs you have there. Have a 4 year old bitch backing up to me right now to get her butt scratched. Tight coat, even nature, can smell a fart from 3 miles and see one from 2. Maggie is an Original Mt Cur. Born with the double dew claw "defect". She was rolled by a coyote one evening in January out by the cows when she was 9 months old and has never forgot it, grin!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image]

Hard to beat a Healer! Smartest dog I ever had was half healer / half coyote.

For hunting I like labs! Smart & great personalitys, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
[Linked Image]

Nothing like a good book learnt dog to help the kiddo do his homework....frees up time for you! wink

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Our Lab and one of our GSD's loves the tub.

Our big GSD, hates the tub, sounds like you're trying to behead him if you try putting him in the tub. Glad he likes us. He'll go outside and lay in the dirtiest, coldest, muddiest, slushiest water he can find. Try putting him in a lukewarm, sterile bathtub nope....unless you put a baby in it, then he'll get in all by himself. For some reason he feels he has to protect every baby that walks the earth.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For no apparent reason it has been two American Cocker's and a pit bull/German Shepherd SPCA dog. All were/is good. Current Cocker is aging quickly at 15.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like mutts, preferably with some retriever in them. We found our dog Daisy in the woods about 10 years ago. She was all skin & bones and her face, chest etc. were full of porcupine quills. We got her cleaned up fed her and pulled out 50 or 60 quills and found the owner. We weren't impressed with him when he came to pick her up and I told my wife if I ever see that dog running loose again there won't be any phone calls. 2 months later she was back at our camp and we brought her home. She has been my constant shadow ever since and the best dog/friend ever.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Have owned and trained labs, gsp's, brits, vizslas and now have a griff

great dog and very intelligent

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I love all good dogs, but labs are what I want. Shadow has been with me for 3 1/2 years and not a day goes by that she doesn't fill my heart with joy. Eager to please, tractable, focused, comical and incredibly smart. She understands more of the human language than any other dog I have had. She's just an OK hunter. Like me i guess.

[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...654176e89e259ca67a6d8ddd&oe=5AFC040E[/img]

[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...e14d00cd56e7f47c1c5de0e2&oe=5AFBF850[/img]

[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...13920ad9dcc4d464d4f458eb&oe=5AF7F9FE[/img]

[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...64a70ff1cea3ba6091bced67&oe=5ABD8376[/img]

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 12/28/17.
IC B3

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
JRT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love my Drents, but there will be another Great Dane in my future, at some time. Just something about their lackadaisical, happy go lucky attitude that makes me smile. Not very smart, though, they all seem to think they are lap dogs.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prm
JRT

[Linked Image]

QUIT Abusing that dog!!!
mad

Sure has a big happy grin. laugh grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've developed a love and passion for the German type of bird dogs. Oly the Drathaar is going on nine years now and Aero the GWP is a little over six months.
[Linked Image]

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
A fan of dogs in general but have an affinity to to eastern Nordic breeds. Living in the NW part of Montana( Flathead Valley) a little ways in the sticks puts us in close proximity to the five main predators( grizzly, black bear, wolves, mountain lions...and meth heads) so we have been running Karelian Bear dogs and a West Siberian Laika off and on for 27 years. Wonderful dogs for forest living, but have their quirks. I've always wanted a heeler though, so maybe some day.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Brittanies and German Shepherds here. We have 2 of each right now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SBTCO
I've always wanted a heeler though, so maybe some day.

My dad and his little red devil.
(he is a terrorist)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SamOlson; 12/28/17.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My favorites are working dogs when they are able to do what they were bred for. I have hunting dogs, pointing ones to be exact but have nothing against flushers or retrievers as I have owned them in the past. The only hunting breed I don't like are Afgahn hounds. Every one I have run into has been ornery and mean. The last one ended up wearing a hammer I threw at it.

I like herding dogs, there is a farm nearby which holds herding competitions every year and I attend them when I can. If I had the need and time I would be involved in this field.

Growing up, a neighbor had a Malamute that always hung out with us. I finally got tired pulling the sled loaded with my ice fishing equipment to the lake and hitched the dog to it. That was much easier on me and the dog loved it. After that, that dog went home only because we didn't let it in the house. That dog lived to pull and I found reasons to keep it happy all year round. Being in MN, finding a sled team is not all that difficult. I know a few guys who do so and have gone sledding with them. There is enough gadgets to own that I could be happy doing that.

Lastly, I like terriers who act like terriers. My first dog was a Wirehaired terrier and we loved to terrorize rats and mice on my grandpa's farm. Poking around in the junk in the outbuildings would often lead to some vermin running out then the dog got to do its job. When we burned down the old corn crib, so many rats and mice ran out that the dog got so tired it could no longer chase down the rodents. I thought she was going to die, she was so worn out. Jack Russels are pretty popular with those I know with hawks, I really like their energy. I'm surprised the Hawks don't try to make a meal of the Jack, they aren't all that big.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SBTCO
A fan of dogs in general but have an affinity to to eastern Nordic breeds. Living in the NW part of Montana( Flathead Valley) a little ways in the sticks puts us in close proximity to the five main predators( grizzly, black bear, wolves, mountain lions...and meth heads) so we have been running Karelian Bear dogs and a West Siberian Laika off and on for 27 years. Wonderful dogs for forest living, but have their quirks. I've always wanted a heeler though, so maybe some day.

Do you raise/breed Karelians? Friends/clients of mine have had Karelians for years. Live right on the front range and thick with bears and wolves. I believe they are looking for someone who breeds Karelians now.

Montana MOFO
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 71 invisible), 14,461 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,302
Posts18,545,371
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.