Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OdT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by NYH1

Yeah Field, that's why one should avoid going to the city at all cost....nothing good happens in the city! wink

NYH1.

Agreed

But I’ll still argue that none of us need mail daily, and that the postal budget solution is simply less delivery frequency. How often is the typical mailbox too small? Mine’s just a constant nag, like being in a bad marriage. Less is more

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
USPS delivers packages cheap enough that UPS drops packages for the postal service to deliver.
Postal was undercutting them buy working at a loss.

The answer to your competitors working at a loss, hire them and make a profit on their work.

^^This.

And yes - that is dumb.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Then we must have the worst postal workers in the Nation here.

I live in Smalltown, USA and I truly believe we have the worse postal worker (note singular, cause that's all we got) in the whole USA. I wont go into all the details, but 3 weeks ago, I filed a case with the Postal Inspector.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
... Workers will have packages in hand well before one makes it through the door. ..

Same in Kodiak, AK (not Arkansas, smile ) I was a contract driver for them for a while, great bunch to work with. And the Fedex and UPS guys would learn where you worked, and drop parcels there vs at home where they knew you were not, because you were working. small town stuff, I really do miss it.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The sooner the USPS goes the way of Pony Express

The better off America will be.

18 Billion Dollar drain, per year, on the backs of American Taxpayers.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they closed the Post Office, where would all the slow stupid people work ? wink

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In education?

ROFL! laugh not all of them Birdwatcher, I believe you have managed to teach lotsa kids, lotsa things, in your career.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Calvin
Our local post office is awesome. Hard working folks in there.

Same here in Boerne.

Yup, same here too Men, our old buddy Karnis sent a stock back to me after he worked his magic, I missed the delivery on Saturday, thought I'd drive into town to check for someone at the PO on Sunday doing a bit of holiday catch up work, hell yeah, I saw a car parked out back, knocked on the back door, a lady opened the door and said, yes? I said, I can save you a trip out to the farm if you'll give me that box from Texas with my name on it, she said hang on, brought me my stock and something to sign, then said HAPPY NEW YEAR! with a big smile. cool

Took my stock home, mounted the BA, went to the bench and zeroed the rifle, it was a fine Sunday.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of things wrong and NO, I do not have the answers, but you look on ebay and you can buy items in China and get them shipped to you by the USPS, cheaper than you can mail them to the next town over. Also UPS is taking packages sent to you and handing them off to the post office somewhere along the way, and I guess making money on the deal by letting others deliver what they are paid to do. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
USPS delivers packages cheap enough that UPS drops packages for the postal service to deliver.
Postal was undercutting them by working at a loss.

The answer to your competitors working at a loss, hire them and make a profit on their work.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/30/17.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The post office where I used to live looked like the ape house at the zoo with cardboard cartons provided for entertainment. As soon as they hired AA, the whole thing went to crap like everyone else who tried that.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The people in ours work hard, postmaster goes to our church. She don’t put up with no cshit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have any complaints about our local post office - but I don't talk politics with them either.

I didn't read the story but what Trump is talking about is some deal Amazon has to essentially get packaged delivery subsidized by the post office. It should end - hell it should have never started in the first place.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I live in a all white town....About 5 years ago all of the employees at our local Post Office where all White.....Then all of a sudden over night they were all Black and Puerto Rican ....

Needless to say the service has went all to Hell..

My wife went in before Christmas and ask for a book of Stamps....The Negro behind the counter gave her a book of stamps with a Black women on the front....My wife said I would like something a little more for Christmas....The ape behind the counter told her she had already rang them up....So no refund or exchange....My wife lost it....and ripped them up in front of her and said I will take those Christmas Stamps Now......Wife said she turned 3 shades of red.... laugh

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Trump just said out loud what I've been thinking for a long time.
The profitability of delivering packages for UPS/Fedex is also questionable.

There's no doubt in my mind that they're all playing USPS for a sucker at our expense.

There's no doubt that UPS is saving a lot of money having the USPS make the final delivery to you. What I hate about it is when I'm tracking a package on UPS and it arrives early AM in Dallas (200 miles away) I know that my package will be on local delivery truck same day and I'll get around noon. If it arrives at the local UPS facility and they hand it off to USPS there's no way to track it anymore. The USPS apparently delivers it when they feel like it. I know that my local USPS mail carrier hates delivering UPS packages because they won't fit in my mailbox and she has to put them on my front porch.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Amazon just leased 900 acres at the Northern Kentucky Airport, for their own air hub and delivery service. They must expect to save a lot of money they are currently handing to UPS. They've already leased a bunch of cargo planes, too. I didn't realize they'd lost that much money this year on shipping.
I guess that stung a bit, so they decided to get into shipping. With the attending costs of that venture, I wonder if they'll save anything at all.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who needs daily delivery?

My business!

Wish I could have it.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If they closed the Post Office, where would all the slow stupid people work ? wink
They'd probably have to get into ranching or farming.

Says the Camfire's resident Mental Midgit! We're you spawned by a Postal Slug? FOAD!
Before you call somebody a mental "midgit" you aught to at least learn how to spell midget. Dumbass. Oh, and you didn't get "were" right either retard. Good thing you're a rancher cause otherwise I doubt you could flip burgers without f*cking them up.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

Says the Camfire's resident Mental Midgit! We're you spawned by a Postal Slug? FOAD!
Before you call somebody a mental "midgit" you aught to at least learn how to spell midget. Dumbass. Oh, and you didn't get "were" right either retard. Good thing you're a rancher cause otherwise I doubt you could flip burgers without f*cking them up.

I can't think of another member of this board with a more appropriate handle than you.
Have a Joyous New Year.

P.S. are you certain that you spelled aught (ought) correctly?

Last edited by m_stevenson; 12/30/17.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Both FedEx and UPS have their own reduced cost version of parcel delivery service through the USPS. FedEx calls theirs "SmartPost", UPS' is "SurePost". Many, many other business besides Amazon are using it nowadays for the special low cost rates and often use one or the other when "free shipping" is advertised or as customer paid shipping option. Both are generally super slow on final delivery. I've tracked packages of ours and watched them pass less than a hundred miles of our closest USPS sort facility twice and wind up being handed off again and again hundreds of miles beyond before finally making it back for local USPS delivery . I don't like it at all myself but I can also see though how it could be a real money saver for businesses as well as a money AND time saver for FedEx and UPS regarding time and miles driven per delivery. Drivers for both UPS and FedEx ordinarily make direct home and business deliveries on up until 7:00 - 8:00pm daily. My personal pick for cost and time in transit by either UPS or FedEx is their 'Ground' service.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pot meet kettle! You aught to take the Postal Exam again. I'm betting you failed because of your micro sized pea brain. Maybe you can pass their spelling test this time. Not! crazy

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/31/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1minute, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,600
Posts18,511,464
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.