Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A little carbine like this might be a good option for folks who are maybe getting older with the arthritis, and weak hands. I've read a few of those kind of threads here where grandma or grandpa can't handle an auto slide, or a DA revolver trigger. Eventually a 10/22 is suggested. This might make a better 10/22 for a house gun. If it is reliable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My M1 carbine threatened to leave home if one of those things showed up in the safe.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
So a mag fed 870 is death riding a pale horse.....but this thing is great?

WAT?

If that doesn't clue anyone in that gun buyers are a fickle lot, I guess nothing will. cool

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

It had this kind of failure, that kind of failure, and this type of failure, but other than that, it's a really reliable little gun.

That's why I'd wait until there's some reviews out there besides those made by prostitutes. wink

I know Jeff, and wouldn't call him a prostitute.
A prostitute gunwriter wouldn't have revealed the facts of his experience with it.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I figured out the dirty little secret behind this. SR, Inc. has quietly invested heavily in companies that produce 9mm ammo. This carbine is a way to increase consumption of said ammo.

I've watched a few reviews on line and every one of the shooters can't help but rap off a full magazine in a few seconds. Now, some pistol shooters will do that but not so much. However, every shooter in the videos might start with one or two aimed shots but by the third shot they're popping those off at about 90-120 rpm. In these times of decreased sales of guns due to relaxed paranoia about Hillary, Ruger had to make up for that loss of income somehow and since they don't directly manufacture ammo this is the way to do that.

Just because you're a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist doesn't mean that everything isn't a conspiracy..... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Light, crisp trigger pull with minimal overtravel and positive reset utilizing proven 10/22® trigger components."

It sounds like aftermarket 10/22 trigger upgrade parts might work in this rifle.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The brilliance of two mag well adapters shows me that Ruger is going to do very well in this depressed gun market.
Satisfy the Ruger SR 9 and Security 9 owners, while taking advantage of the flood of Glock mags out on the market?
I'll get mine as soon as I can get one from my FFL.
Since I have an SR 9 w/ a small pile of mags and a spare Trijicon RMR w/ 3 minute dot, the new truck/closet gun search is over.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
A little carbine like this might be a good option for folks who are maybe getting older with the arthritis, and weak hands. I've read a few of those kind of threads here where grandma or grandpa can't handle an auto slide, or a DA revolver trigger. Eventually a 10/22 is suggested. This might make a better 10/22 for a house gun. If it is reliable.

Not sure about 9mm but according to FBI tests a 40 S&W can go through 13 sheets of drywall. Just tell you older family members to be careful (dumb statement).

My nephew, now an adult, helps his father run informal range competitions in Dunsmuir, CA. He used the old Ruger P4 carbine with a cheap red dot sight. It was extremely popular with the older folks in attendance, especially the ladies. They said it was easier to use and simpler looking so less intimidating to try than an AR-15. Tim said they knocked down the steels plate with regularity.

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 12/30/17.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I might be inclined to buy one because of its traditional appearing ergonomics. Currently I have both a lightweight CAR style AR15 and a Kel-Tec SU16. I really like the ergonomics of the SU16 but I harbor no illusion that it's as durable a rifle as the AR,...although the Kel-Tec has proven to be a much more accurate, dependable rifle than I thought it might be.

I might wait to see if they introduce a .45ACP model that takes 1911 magazines, however. I think that would be a very popular offering.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I already have a Sub-2000 Kel-Tech that's been 100% reliable with Glock mags and factory ammo, so don't feel particularly compelled to pick one of these up.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have the Gen2 Sub-2000 with Glock mags, it's fun.
Something tells me I'll probably still buy one of these new Rugers as well.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 12/30/17.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

WAT?

WAT?

When they introduce an 870 that breaks down like a Stevens 520/620 or Win Model 12, then I'll get excited.

Once again---pistol caliber carbine----meh...
Pistol caliber carbine that breaks down like a Browning SA-22???---Hell yeah!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have an older PC9 It sits

I like the Glock mags Threaded barrel and takedown of this

Not a beauty but not sure its really ugly
not sure I care about that anyway

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think Ruger has hit it out of the ball park with this one. I am not especially enamored of it but it will sell to a lot of folks who like to go bang and run magazines empty.

It is non-threatening looking, in comparison to an AR which is the first thing most people think of when the word assault weapon is used.

It is relatively inexpensive,

Tons of cheap ammo.

Little recoil.

Smart move on using the 10/22 trigger group on it.

I can see them selling as many of these as they can make for the first few months.

Heck - for $300 I would be a player for one but not at $500.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by joken2

It had this kind of failure, that kind of failure, and this type of failure, but other than that, it's a really reliable little gun.

Nice slanderous drive-by.

Go back and listen to the phuucking video again.

He had ONE failure with a Glock mag and ONE failure with CCI Blazer ammo . He probably shot 500 rounds through it and its a new gun.

And go to the 2 minute mark and look at the cloverleaf 50 yard groups.

The Ruger haters here crack me the hell up. What a group of dippschits.

Enjoy your Hipoints and Kel-tecs ..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Stock in Ruger, JK? I’m not anti Ruger. I’ve got a few of them, in fact. Love my Vaquero, LC9S Pro, and my Mini 14, not to mention my 77-22. This one will be fine, too. Just don’t need one. I already said I liked the concept.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Not a Keltec clone, a Beretta CX9. Pretty much identical.

I like the looks of the Beretta better, with the magazine in the grip. Just a smoother looking piece.

I agree, but the Beretta doesn't take Glock magazines, and I would not consider one for that reason. We'll see if Ruger's bold move to adapt the gun for Glock magazines reveals a market opportunity that Beretta may have missed. Ruger appears to have realized that people are not going to buy the carbine if they have to buy different magazines, and also that people are not going to buy a Ruger pistol just to have commonality of magazines with the carbine. I think they are right, but we shall see. Who knows, maybe Beretta will realize this and adapt their carbine.

The Beretta takes 92 magazines which are widely available and cheap. MecGar makes a 30rd mag which run 100%.
The PX4 version can be converted to run 92 mags for $20.
I have both the 9mm and 45ACP versions of the Storm and they are fun, 100% reliable, ergonomically spot-on and "beautiful"...lol. I don't agree on the uselessness of a PCC in general cause they are a whole lot of fun and easy to handle in tight spots possibly for home defense. Mine are set up with Sig Romeo red dots and one has a light on the front rail.
My pre-teen girls shoot the snot out of them and shoot them well.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Ruger is meh for me, especially the standard rifle stock config.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.