Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have had enough climate change for this year. I live in south Louisiana 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico,. and it hasn't gotten above freezing all day. I had to use a blow dryer to warm up the toilet sat this morning so i could take a crap without my butt freezing to the seat. This does not happen in South Louisiana! I don't know how you guys who live up north put up with this every year.

GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pray and maybe the polar ice caps will freeze over again. If not, Southern Louisiana is in for a new coastline over the next decades.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
I have had enough climate change for this year. I live in south Louisiana 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico,. and it hasn't gotten above freezing all day. I had to use a blow dryer to warm up the toilet sat this morning so i could take a crap without my butt freezing to the seat. This does not happen in South Louisiana! I don't know how you guys who live up north put up with this every year.

Your blood's just too thin...

You need to spend a winter up in the Rockies with the outhouse a 50 pace distance from the house, through the snow...

Said outhouse had an old 30-30 leaning in the corner in case a bear decided to interrupt you. wink

I don't think the blow dryer cord would reach. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I I had to use a blow dryer to warm up the toilet sat this morning so i could take a crap without my butt freezing to the seat. .

Pix please. laugh

I have sat on some damn cold toilet seats, that would never have occured to me.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs
Pray and maybe the polar ice caps will freeze over again. If not, Southern Louisiana is in for a new coastline over the next decades.

they've been predicting this for 40 years, hasn't happened yet.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Your blood's just too thin...

You need to spend a winter up in the Rockies with the outhouse a 50 pace distance from the house, through the snow...

Said outhouse had an old 30-30 leaning in the corner in case a bear decided to interrupt you. wink

I don't think the blow dryer cord would reach. grin

The only thing to fear down here is an enraged nutria rat.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We have a foam toilet seat in NW Ontario. When the balls of frost are the size of golf balls where the siding nails come through the sheathing, you just know it's cold.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
.. it hasn't gotten above freezing all day.

......AAAAWWWWWWWW.........

Hasn't been above freezing here since before Christmas......Hope it warms up down there real soon.....I'm headed for Baton Rouge very soon.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cra1948

Hasn't been above freezing here since before Christmas......Hope it warms up down there real soon.....I'm headed for Baton Rouge very soon.

Baton Rouge? On purpose?!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm liking it....supposed to be near 30 here today.....above zero!

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Up north, we use INSULATION. Good stuff.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Many a trip to a cold outhouse here in Kentucky. No bears, but raccoons used to show up and worse, the skunks!

Currently 13 here but going down to 9. On the other hand, my in laws in Anchorage AK just called And said its 46, low of 29. Kodiak at 40 but will stay above freezing overnight.

Folks still mix up weather with climate. As a kid up to the mid nineties the ponds here froze every winter. This week is the first time my pond has frozen solid enough to walk on this century.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by cra1948

Baton Rouge? On purpose?!

Work related

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
I I had to use a blow dryer to warm up the toilet sat this morning so i could take a crap without my butt freezing to the seat. .

Pix please. laugh

I have sat on some damn cold toilet seats, that would never have occured to me.

Somethings not right........

Are you wanting pics of the blow dryer cool, or him taking a crap? eek

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
...in Anchorage AK just called And said its 46...

A friend of mine who lives outside of Wasilla sent me a picture of a bank sign in Wasilla at 12:48 this afternoon showing a temp of 47F. Not much snow on the ground, either.

Here, tonight's supposed to be 16F and tomorrow it will actually get into the mid-upper 30's.

Yep, it's January...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
...in Anchorage AK just called And said its 46...

A friend of mine who lives outside of Wasilla sent me a picture of a bank sign in Wasilla at 12:48 this afternoon showing a temp of 47F. Not much snow on the ground, either.

Here, tonight's supposed to be 16F and tomorrow it will actually get into the mid-upper 30's.

Yep, it's January...

Ed

Govt. weather research.....you'd be surprised at how much effort is being put forth worldwide....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a high of 20 deg. F today along the south side of Lake Ontario. First time in a week that it got that high and it took until mid-afternoon to get there. Think the toilet seat is cold? Try an outhouse when it's below zero. Haven't done that in years, thank God. But on TV it looks like even the deep south is pretty chilly and the radar was showing what looked like snow over the Gulf south of New Orleans. Is that true ???.... I thought it never snowed that far south. Knew a guy in the service from someplace around New Orleans who swore he'd never seen snow in person in his life. Gonna be near zero in these parts tonight and teens tomorrow IIRC. I'm gonna go way out in the woods tomorrow and remove the seat cushions and stuff off my ladder stand and I might just use snowshoes for the trip in & out . Winter sucks but in a way it's interesting and it makes you feel hardy and rugged if you get out there and do something instead of sitting indoors and whining about it like some folks are prone to do.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
IWe had snow here around Thanksgiving, about 1". we called it " The blizzard of 17". grin it only happens about every 10 years, but it happens. I mentioned in my OP that i didn't know how you guys up north put up with that every year. I've only owned 1 snow shovel in my entire life. As far as outhouses,. that's why God invented indoor plumbing!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey 308RC..... it took dem thar Yankees 40 years to find out you could use AC in a car..... Pretty soon, they will find out about indoor plumbing! grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LMAO... Just 'below freezing' would feel really, really nice about now... Only 4 below zero here now.

I heard this am that there's actually some snow falling in FL... THAT'S gotta be pretty rare.. eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (1badf350, 257 mag, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 33 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,328
Posts18,526,547
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.