Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cap pistols and holsters.

I had a legit copy of a Beretta 92 that was a cap gun. Full-size, black, and even had all the slide markings. I remember "packing" it to school in 3rd grade, just in case we needed to have a gunfight on the school bus or at recess. I found that plastic gun a while back and wondered how I didn't get the cops called on me.

Now with even more aplomb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had a big heavy meat cleaver that I found in the wall of an old farm shed. It had a heavy thick blade. Its handle was long enough to accommodate both hands of a 10 year old and be swung like an axe. I used it to building many forts up in the pasture along the edge of a thorn apple swamp. In those days I worked out of a red Radio Flyer wagon. One August afternoon, I loaded my wagon with baskets of tomatoes, my cleaver, an old bayonet I’d found at the dump and a few other child’s trinkets and headed up to the road. After an hour of unsuccessfully trying to sell tomatoes, I had to run down to the house to use the toilet. When I came back my clever and the bayonet were gone. I didn’t sell a singe tomato that day.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. Dispatched many a sparrow and blackbird with that thing. Also had several Winchester 94 replicas that would eject the shells. It was cool until you lost all the bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tonka trucks, lincoln logs, leggos, cap guns

L
L
slinky that didn't go down the stairs the way it was suppose to,liccoln logs ,GI joe

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Mercury Maze

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by loading4mags
slinky that didn't go down the stairs the way it was suppose to,...

Maybe two steps, then flop over and roll down? One of the stupidest "toys" ever invented.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i loved the lincoln logs and could never get enough of them. so when my kids were little i bought a crap ton of the things. i'm talking a huge plastic box full of logs, roof trusses, chimneys, roofing boards, the whole nine yards. me and the kids would dump that pile on the floor and go to town. i still have that box in the attic for the day when i hopefully have some more little kids in the house.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had some of the above stuff and a etch a sketch.
I sucked at etch a sketch, so I went with Armymen and matchbox.
Then at 7 a Daisy.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grandaddy was a John Deere dealer and during the times Mom and I lived with him and my grandmother, he would bring home all kinds of John Deere toys. One I recall was a disc harrow and made of metal. All those toys were metal.

One of my favorites was a Mattel lever action rifle that fired plastic bullets out of spring loaded cartridges. I think that was the coolest toy of all time.

One toy that I found revolting was GI Joe. I remember when it first came out, and the advertising blitz they put on the Saturday morning cartoons...and I couldn't imagine any kid like myself wanting a freekin doll to play with. Action figure, my ass. I had no friends that had one. In those days friends didn't let friends play with dolls.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wageslave
I had some of the above stuff and a etch a sketch.
I sucked at etch a sketch, so I went with Armymen and matchbox.
Then at 7 a Daisy.

I never could make anything that looked like it was supposed to (or actually like anything at all) with my Itch-A-Scratch. I would just sit and run the cursor back and forth, moving it down just an iota at a time, sort of like plowing a field. If I sat long enough, I could see the inner workings that looked like a wrapped Hersey's Kiss on the intersection of a vertical rod and a horizontal rod.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Army men, marbles, balls, shovel, toy trucks (way before hot wheels), Bike, I got a Daisy BB gun when I was about 7.

I have a twin brother and most of what I had was "ours" not "mine". I think most of our family took the notion that if one of us threw a ball the other would catch it. So we didn't need two.

I had a grandmother that always gave each of us a gift. Loved her! She is where the BB guns came from. That Lady knew how to raise boys.

Harry
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
GI joe
Erector sets
Stompers

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Zebco 66 that I paid for doing yard work

Last edited by Cruiser1; 01/03/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
American Logs (the square version of Lincolns) and and an electric train. I spent many happy hours playing with them. I also had BB guns and various outside stuff.
After I was about 12, I had the best of the best - my own horse and LOTS of room to ride. We lived real close to the Boise hills which at that time weren't fenced. It was all private land but nobody cared if we rode it. Now days it's all fenced and posted. You have to ride the roads back for 5 miles before you can find open land.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't believe nobody mentioned the balsa wood airplanes with a rubber band to wind up the propeller, those things were great. I used to pick up beer and pop bottles along side the road so I could get the 10cents needed to buy one. The little green army men had it rough, a buried firecracker was a land mine and the BB gun was enemy fire.

Lee

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I got one of these I think it was about christmas 63 or 64. Man I loved this set!

[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah, the balsa wood airplanes with the long rubber band attached to the propellor. Those were great! Amazing how well those things would fly, I loved 'em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Polecat
I can't believe nobody mentioned the balsa wood airplanes with a rubber band to wind up the propeller, those things were great. I used to pick up beer and pop bottles along side the road so I could get the 10cents needed to buy one. The little green army men had it rough, a buried firecracker was a land mine and the BB gun was enemy fire.

Lee

Definitely a lost source of income for kids these days. Fortunately folks littered like crazy in the 50's and into the 60's so about a half hour's scrounging through vacant lots by the sides of roads produced enough used pop bottles at 2 cents deposit each to get a comic book or candy or sometimes both. And it kept the litter down. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,530
Posts18,509,800
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.