-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Had a big black and white one in my back yard several times a couple of years ago. I’d never seen him before and haven’t since. The first time I went out back and chased him off though he wasn’t in a hurry. The second time he was more truculent-acting and stood his ground staring me down.

In the House and back out with a wrist rocket and some ~ .30 cal ball bearings. They must zing out of that at about 250-300 fps I imagine. One smack on his white hiney and he departed ways with me.

I don’t even remember seeing a collar. If I had been more rural than I am?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I see one loose, he be dead dog walking. Suppressor loads very quiet. 308 with 170 Nosler 30-30 bullet in the head is a TKO

Last edited by hanco; 01/12/18.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hanco
I see one loose, he be dead dog walking.

Same here. I've had my go-'round with one, been to the hospital, got the scars to prove it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bad dog!!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pit Bulls and Muslims have a lot in common. They're both OK until they snap and they're the two main reasons I'm always armed.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Pit bull is ok compared to muzzys

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny your TRH will defend pits for pages when an “owner” gets killed.

Yet an innocent bystander, nothing.

Let’s start a Richard Pryor post maybe with pits in it.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Pit bull is ok compared to muzzys
A pit will snap and attack on the spot. It likely won't know itself that it's going to attack until it does it. A Muslim will plan way ahead to kill you. Some of their plans are pretty elaborate and far reaching. Remember that before 9/11, they even sent people to the US to train as pilots.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Funny your TRH will defend pits for pages when an “owner” gets killed.

Yet an innocent bystander, nothing.

It's amazing that anyone would take Chris seriously.
He's been proven to be a liar that's not,or probably ever been a teacher and he's being
taken care of by his parents that pay all of his bills,even his dogfood bill I'd bet.
The Real Browneye is a non factor. I wish everyone here would see him for what he really is.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Last spring the eventual owner of the house next door brought his 2 "]Olde English Bulldogs" to the house inspection - unleashed. My Jack Russell was in my driveway beside me. He barked a couple of times at the strangers next door and the next thing I know these dogs are on my property chasing my dog. They eventually caught him and mauled him pretty good before I could pull them off him. He goes to the vet for treatment of multiple puncture wounds - I go to prompt care to have 5 stitches in my hand. Much like most of the dangerous dog owners I've known, the owners said:

1 - They've never done anything like this before
2 - They are not vicious or unpredictable
3 - You should not be afraid of them

Shortly after they moved in, their dogs attacked another neighbor's dog as he walked with his owners over 200 yards from the owner's home. Crossed my property to do it. They subsequently installed an "invisible fence" of which I was skeptical that it would work.

Finally, as I predicted, the dogs have figured out that the pain of running thru the fence is worth it in order to attack another dog. They attacked the neighbor's dogs (on the opposite side from me) a couple of weeks ago.

Animal Services and Sheriff's Office called in each case. The people have been cited and are scheduled to appear in superior court later this month. They still claim their dogs are just being playful and that the victims should come over and "get to know" their dogs. F&*king idiots...

Last edited by releehweoj; 01/13/18.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by releehweoj
Last spring the eventual owner of the house next door brought his 2 "]Olde English Bulldogs" to the house inspection - unleashed. My Jack Russell was in my driveway beside me. He barked a couple of times at the strangers next door and the next thing I know these dogs are on my property chasing my dog. They eventually caught him and mauled him pretty good before I could pull them off him. He goes to the vet for treatment of multiple puncture wounds - I go to prompt care to have 5 stitches in my hand. Much like most of the dangerous dog owners I've known, the owners said:

1 - They've never done anything like this before
2 - They are not vicious or unpredictable
3 - You should not be afraid of them

Shortly after they moved in, their dogs attacked another neighbor's dog as he walked with his owners over 200 yards from the owner's home. Crossed my property to do it. They subsequently installed an "invisible fence" of which I was skeptical that it would work.

Finally, as I predicted, the dogs have figured out that the pain of running thru the fence is worth it in order to attack another dog. They attacked the neighbor's dogs (on the opposite side from me) a couple of weeks ago.

Animal Services and Sheriff's Office called in each case. The people have been cited and are scheduled to appear in superior court later this month. They still claim their dogs are just being playful and that the victims should come over and "get to know" their dogs. F&*king idiots...

I'd make sure those neighbors got to know me and my willingness to use deadly force when necessary. It sucks to have neighbors that you don't get along with, but chances are, based on what you are telling me, those people are incapable of being good neighbors. They are a lost cause. Phuuck 'em. Did they pay your vet and medical bills? What about the other neighbors?

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/13/18.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I'd make sure those neighbors got to know me and my willingness to use deadly force when necessary. It sucks to have neighbors that you don't get along with, but chances are, based on what you are telling me, those people are incapable of being good neighbors. They are a lost cause. Phuuck 'em. Did they pay your vet and medical bills? What about the other neighbors?

I warned him the day of the incident that this was his one and only free pass with me - next time they are on my property threatening my family or dog they die. No - did not ask them to pay for anything. Vet is friend who charged me nothing. I have great med insurance so out of pocket was minimal. It gets better. The guy gets drunk the night after the third attack and stood at our property line screaming obscenities and threats for 30 minutes - a true psycho. Scared my wife and a couple of neighbors. I recorded some of it, called the cops and eventually had a “good behavior order” placed on him. According to the few neighbors that still talk with them, he and his wife still think they are right and everybody else is wrong about their dogs.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Defend yourself and your neighbors or live in fear and let the violent neighbors own your land. I would mow them down in an instant.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Never warn someone before shooting their dog's. It's taken as a threat. Just shoot to protect yourself and family.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Neighbor about 200 yards from us has one. I've seen him walking him on a leash down our main drag of the development. My daughter likes to walk our mini-Aussie in the afternoons down that way. I've told her not to do it anymore and if that guy ever walks that dog down my street, I'm going to have a talk with him.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,984 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.