Campfire Regular
I just can't believe what our lawmakers in Juneau come up with:
http://www.newsminer.com/news/alask...896e5bc-8587-5f51-b175-e9671cfcfa5f.html

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

What do Honda and Yamaha say?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You mean Komatsu, Volvo, and Cat.....

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Yeah....that too!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

I have a Suzuki in my Cat. Good motor!

(You left out Ski-Doo and Polaris, BTW.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And Bombardier.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is one of many inevitable results of Marxist/Progressive/Liberal migration to both the U.S. and inter-state between blue and (formerly) red states. Marxists from blue states such as CA and OR move to more tax advantageous [read: Red] states to escape the onerous tax burdens, regulatory environments, ~ 2 generations of liberal indoctrination in the public schools and Political correctness run amok, and they bring their badly misguided progressive ideals with them. They soon outnumber the indigenous conservative population and proceed to elect the very same type of Marxist political leaders that implement the very same idiotic laws and regulations that they were fleeing in the first place. They recreate the very same untenable and unsupportable conditions in their new states. These Progressives worm their way into every facet of our lives and they ruin everything they touch. They are relentless and exhausting.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fahq Kawasaki. He's a leftist puke.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Ray Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Yes. I believe that he grew up around Fairbanks, but has been a liberal Democrat for a long time.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Had a D7F made by Mitsubishi.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
If you like uninfringed internet access, you are pro net neutrality. Without it, the left can slow internet speeds to sites like this one as they wish.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Had a D7F made by Mitsubishi.

Just like your dil do.

Last edited by Clydesdale; 01/25/18.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
h
Originally Posted by Ray

Yes. I believe that he grew up around Fairbanks, but has been a liberal Democrat for a long time.

Originally Posted by Ray

hangs head in shame,

yep he's from here. FBKS didn't used to be overrun with liberals, but sadly it seems to be so these days.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
If you like uninfringed internet access, you are pro net neutrality. Without it, the left can slow internet speeds to sites like this one as they wish.

I can’t stand liberals and the way they are ruining our country, but this is correct.

Ray Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For all I know about liberals, there is nothing good about net neutrality. In fact, there was nothing wrong with it before Obama mandated it, and see how much the Internet grew before that. It's the same for radio where the liberal Democrats have been trying to change it to their liking. Do you really believe that having the government controlling anything is going to make the Internet better?

Last edited by Ray; 01/28/18.
Ray Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Can you give us an example or two of how the "left" slowed Internet speeds before Obama started the net neutrality in 2015?

While ISP competition in Alaska is extremely low, we still have some choices. Around Fairbanks the major competitors, other than companies from the lower-48, are ACS and GCI. While GCI provides faster Internet speeds than ACS, the latter is cheaper and unlimited. So for watching Netflix movies and such, to me at least ACS is my favorite. Anyway, before 2015 the Internet was not broken, so it didn't need fixing. Let the consumer dictate what he or she wants, not the government.

Another example of government at work is the DMV. I have the option to spend a couple of hour at the DMV office to register my car, or I can just go to one of several places in town and get it done within a few minutes for a $20.00 fee. In fact they even laminate the registration if I want. Yes, I can do it online, but then I have to wait several days to receive the registration on the mail.

Last edited by Ray; 01/28/18.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Ray

Can you give us an example or two of how the "left" slowed Internet speeds before Obama started the net neutrality in 2015?

While ISP competition in Alaska is extremely low, we still have some choices. Around Fairbanks the major competitors, other than companies from the lower-48, are ACS and GCI. While GCI provides faster Internet speeds than ACS, the latter is cheaper and unlimited. So for watching Netflix movies and such, to me at least ACS is my favorite. Anyway, before 2015 the Internet was not broken, so it didn't need fixing. Let the consumer dictate what he or she wants, not the government.

Another example of government at work is the DMV. I have the option to spend a couple of hour at the DMV office to register my car, or I can just go to one of several places in town and get it done within a few minutes for a $20.00 fee. In fact they even laminate the registration if I want. Yes, I can do it online, but then I have to wait several days to receive the registration on the mail.

I can't give examples, but that wasn't my point. My point was without net neutrality, big business can put their thumb on the scales of the market in their favor. Consumers have to pay more for the same options or give them up and smaller innovative business can't compete. Then there's the shady FCC's public comment debacle and it's easy to connect the dots. Repealing net neutrality is just one more way the donor class is paving the way back to feudalism.

Ray Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ray

I can't give examples, but that wasn't my point. My point was without net neutrality, big business can put their thumb on the scales of the market in their favor. Consumers have to pay more for the same options or give them up and smaller innovative business can't compete. Then there's the shady FCC's public comment debacle and it's easy to connect the dots. Repealing net neutrality is just one more way the donor class is paving the way back to feudalism.

I believe that since it made no difference before 2015, it should not make a difference from now on. In fact, before 2015 and Obama's net neutrality, the Internet grew to enormous proportions, and continued through. It makes no difference other than having "governments" controlling the private sector's actions, and probably even taxing Internet use.

The way I see it, consumers decide what type of service to pay for without governments telling which providers you should choose. About big companies controlling services, it had not been that way up to 2015. Lets say that net neutrality is imposed on ACS and GCI: in this case, then those who watch movies from Netflix and others through ACS will have limited service, just like GCI already does. GCI just charges you extra once you have reached the limit, while ACS does not.

The idea about net neutrality started and is being pushed by the liberal Democrats in Alaska (Begich, Mr. Kawasaki, and lately Princess Lisa-who may as well be a Democrat), which is enough reason for me not to like it.

Last edited by Ray; 01/31/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ray
Originally Posted by Ray

I believe that since it made no difference before 2015, it should not make a difference from now on. In fact, before 2015 and Obama's net neutrality, the Internet grew to enormous proportions, and continued through the. It makes no difference other than having "governments" controlling the private sector's actions, and probably even taxing Internet use.

The way I see it, consumers decide what type of service to pay for without governments telling which providers you should choose. About big companies controlling services, it had not been that way up to 2015. Lets say that net neutrality is imposed on ACS and GCI: in this case, then those who watch movies from Netflix and others through ACS will have limited service, just like GCI already does. GCI just charges you extra once you have reached the limit, while ACS does not.

The idea about net neutrality started and is being pushed by the liberal Democrats in Alaska (Begich, Mr. Kawasaki, and lately Princess Lisa-who may as well be a Democrat), which is enough reason for me not to like it.

Your last sentence is by far the most compelling argument!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (375sunrise, 35, 6mmbrfan, 35WhelenNut, 673, 264mag, 16 invisible), 963 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.