Print Thread
Hop To
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Any range reports floating around for the Hells Canyon Speed in 26 Nosler? Not a lot turning up in searches.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have seen one in action. I would opt for the Nosler 48 in the same caliber. I was not impressed.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
That's too bad. I thought it might be a way to try the round at a lesser cost. I'd like to add a Heritage to the collection,but chit,they have gotten expensive! The Liberty stock to me is a club. Heavy sucker too.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Otter6
That's too bad. I thought it might be a way to try the round at a lesser cost. I'd like to add a Heritage to the collection,but chit,they have gotten expensive! The Liberty stock to me is a club. Heavy sucker too.
..........................................As an alternative to Nosler, you might want to take a look at Montana Rifle Co. Their ASR (woody) line offers the 26 Nosler.....For an added cost, you can order the American Legends Rifle; ALR (upgraded wood) in any of the ASR chamberings and same barrel lengths. Basically an ASR rifle with the Legends upgraded stock.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could have been just that one rifle.....

μολὼν λαβέ

IC B2

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Fotis

How bad was it?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/739096351

Kinda hard to go wrong at this price. Not a Hell's Canyon just a stock X-Bolt.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Hell Canyon in 6.5 Creedmoor that is a half moa gun with factory ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At that price it you can't beat it, Browning's typically shoot great.

Gerry.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Brownings are almost always accurate out of the box, but there are a lot of XBolt haters out there. You should pick up one for yourself and make the decision based on how the rifle performs. You can always sell it and that caliber is such a novelty that you will likely get a good price for it.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's a pretty hot round for a lightweight barrel. The Hell's Canyon Long Range is probably a better match if you're going to be shooting more than a couple of shots at a time.

K
K
From a previous post I commented:

Personally a couple of friends and myself, have been very fortunate to find great shooting loads with minimal amount of work in our 26 Noslers. We all shoot pretty much one load with 140 Bergers in front of a generous amount of Retumbo. Velocity averages 3274 fps, while giving two of our rifles 1/2 moa, and the 3rd shoots a little better than that. All the 26's are in Browning X-bolt with one of them being a Hells Canyon model, and I can say I am pretty happy with the configuration. Only issue I don't care for is that if you are going to put a turreted scope on it, you need short knobs on the windage adjustment. It will pop brass right back in the chamber with it being so low profiled. As for ammo, wait for the Nosler Competition 140's to go on sale for 45.00 a box and grab a few. Its cheaper than buying the brass. Do your breaking in with that have some fun getting used to it and then move on to handloading for it.

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks for the heads up regarding the windage knob. I'd have never given it a thought.

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by DollarShort
That's a pretty hot round for a lightweight barrel. The Hell's Canyon Long Range is probably a better match if you're going to be shooting more than a couple of shots at a time.

Thought about that. Once dialed in,it would be limited to a few rounds a year. I have other recreational blasters here,that are more economical to shoot,lol. I would have to think the Nosler magnums (the 26 in particular) are throat eating sumitches.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How bad was it?

With Nosler custom 140 AB's 6" at 200 yards.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by knoxville
From a previous post I commented:

Only issue I don't care for is that if you are going to put a turreted scope on it, you need short knobs on the windage adjustment. It will pop brass right back in the chamber with it being so low profiled.

Just like a SAKO....same issue

μολὼν λαβέ

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O

How bad was it?

With Nosler custom 140 AB's 6" at 200 yards.

Well that does suck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again I really do not think this s representative of Brownings.

μολὼν λαβέ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (7mm_Loco, 35, Allen Martin, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7 invisible), 1,709 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,475
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.