Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12567446 01/20/18
P
pdman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Hey All...c'mon..easy DACA fix...merit score the DACAS.. the fight will be how to measure them up...if they measure up..they stay..if not ..out...I do not like it that they r here illegally....my grandfathers came here legally from Italy in 1910...they were apprenticed STONE MASONS..!! Could build u a house out of the FINEST ITALIAN CARRARA MARBLE...and were in great demand even thru the Great Depression...my father's pop (ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS) did the concrete work on EBBETS FIELD home of the DODGERS until 1957...!!!! They traveled thruout the northeast doing all kinds of hand cut marble and granite stone houses and landscapes...$$$$$$...YEAH....they were paid WELL........$$$$$$$$
OK..it is somewhat of a lost art...I don't like that the DACA's r here illegally...IF they r paying TAXES & have a Social Security #...well...what's the harm..???? Seems that they have assimilated.....
PETE

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You kinda answered part of your own question,,
If they are here illegally,how do they have a SS#?
Deeper issue than a bunch of iilegal kids.

Last edited by rong; 01/20/18.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ok find a DACA solution, then adhere to no temporary immigrants, no chain migration, no religious or political persecution exceptions. Back to basics, like what happened between 1925 - 1964 - no legal immigration to allow those already here to assimilate.
Oh and build a beautiful wall.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/20/18.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could have come here because of my Gr'dParents but chose the harder and longer route and did every by the book doing everything legal so feel that everyone else should as well. Just saying. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
P
pdman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Hey Rong...yeah ..ur right.... if they have a SS#..how did they get it..??? seems they do not measure up...
Pete

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They must go home and get in the back of the line. We cannot reward the breaking of our laws.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
DACA fix: send the bas***ds away along with every other illegal family member.

P
pdman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
HEY HAWKEYE..if that is what is passed..so be it...yes ...do not break the law...go to the end of the line...
Pete

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deportation....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's get real. These kids didn't break the law, their parents did. This is the only country they know. They went to the same schools your kids did, they do the same things your kids do. Under DACA they have been given ITINs or SSNs and have been working for a living - maybe right alongside you, going to college - right beside your kids and being Americans. Deporting them would largely be a death sentence because they have American attitudes and would not be acceptable to the cartels and corrupt government.

Yes, I could very well see sifting them through a merit system. Get rid of the criminals and welfare suckers while we have a chance. But there are a lot of reasons to let the ones that registered with DACA stay here. It is fair in many senses, it is good for the economy if you sort them through a merit system, and doing otherwise would give the Democrats exactly the boost they are shopping for.

A merit-based DACA compromise that includes a wall and serious immigration reform would take a lot of wind out of the Democrat's sails for the next election.

Last edited by GunReader; 01/20/18.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by pdman
Hey Rong...yeah ..ur right.... if they have a SS#..how did they get it..??? seems they do not measure up...
Pete

That is a real good question I would like to hear their answer. I would like to hear Obama's answer for that matter. If they lied on any federal forms revoke all amnesty and home they go.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
.my grandfathers came here legally from Italy in 1910...they were apprenticed STONE MASONS..!! Could build u a house out of the FINEST ITALIAN CARRARA MARBLE.

Good thing mesicans didn't take their jobs.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They must go home and get in the back of the line. We cannot reward the breaking of our laws.

This ^^^^^^^^

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

This ^^^^^^^^

X's 3!

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by GunReader
Let's get real. These kids didn't break the law, their parents did. This is the only country they know. They went to the same schools your kids did, they do the same things your kids do. Under DACA they have been given ITINs or SSNs and have been working for a living - maybe right alongside you, going to college - right beside your kids and being Americans. Deporting them would largely be a death sentence because they have American attitudes and would not be acceptable to the cartels and corrupt government.

Yes, I could very well see sifting them through a merit system. Get rid of the criminals and welfare suckers while we have a chance. But there are a lot of reasons to let the ones that registered with DACA stay here. It is fair in many senses, it is good for the economy if you sort them through a merit system, and doing otherwise would give the Democrats exactly the boost they are shopping for.

A merit-based DACA compromise that includes a wall and serious immigration reform would take a lot of wind out of the Democrat's sails for the next election.

My issue is with education (and No they don't go to college, not anymore, that changed) I am in Education, we have students that have been in our system for 12 years yet their mothers do not speak a word of English. We are footing a bill for ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) feeding these kids free lunches and breakfast, providing for them and they love America so much they don't even try to learn the language.

First Step: ENGLISH is the Official Language of The United States of America. Period. English or leave, Period.

Then: Turn yourself in; if you desire citizenship, take the test and Pledge an Oath. If not, apply for a student or work Visa and pack your bags.

I've had a few students apply or register under DACA - all became Americans and all are working; however we've got over 10 times that in illegals that we know of. Further I think all public funded entities (schools, clinics, City and County Offices, etc should be REQUIRED to report suspected Illegals and ICE should investigate and PURGE the Country.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If (big if) they stay, they are bared from citizenship and thereby voting for life.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
SO, Walt, If they stay what RIGHTS would they have?
I'm all for a path to citizenship, not a reward for breaking the law, but an Amnesty period - sort of like post-Vietnam. One time shot.

Had a student tell me the other day she was going to apply for DACA but Trump shut it down. I ask her why she didn't apply since it's been in effect for 6 years!!!

Now she's graduating this year and wants to go to Tech School for Cosmetology but can't.

Last edited by Hancock27; 01/21/18.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
If your parents rob a bank, you don't get to keep the money. What's the difference with DACA?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
If your parents rob a bank, you don't get to keep the money. What's the difference with DACA?

This.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GunReader

Originally Posted by Hancock27
My issue is with education (and No they don't go to college, not anymore, that changed) I am in Education, we have students that have been in our system for 12 years yet their mothers do not speak a word of English. We are footing a bill for ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) feeding these kids free lunches and breakfast, providing for them and they love America so much they don't even try to learn the language.

First Step: ENGLISH is the Official Language of The United States of America. Period. English or leave, Period.

Then: Turn yourself in; if you desire citizenship, take the test and Pledge an Oath. If not, apply for a student or work Visa and pack your bags.

I've had a few students apply or register under DACA - all became Americans and all are working; however we've got over 10 times that in illegals that we know of. Further I think all public funded entities (schools, clinics, City and County Offices, etc should be REQUIRED to report suspected Illegals and ICE should investigate and PURGE the Country.

Agree with both of these

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.