Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

" ...Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin announced there was a shooting before others confirmed it and urged caution. He later encouraged people to show love.

“Much yet unknown…Please do not speculate or spread hearsay…Let’s let the first responders do their job and be grateful that they are there to do it for us.”

Bevin released a statement at 10:59 a.m., saying that “this is a tremendous tragedy and speaks to the heartbreak present in our communities.”

“It is unbelievable that this would happen in a small, close-knit community like Marshall County,” he added. “As there is still much unknown, I encourage people to love on each other at this time. Do not speculate, but come alongside each other in support and allow the facts to come out.”

Bevin is on his way to Marshall County, where there will be a press briefing at 1 p.m., KSP said. "

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sounds like Kentucky has themselves a good Gov.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by JamesJr
A girl that I had in my Sunday School class attends that school. It's in a pretty conservative area. Hard to believe why someone would do that.

I can't imagine the social pressures these kids are under these days and frankly I'm not surprised that more don't resort to violence. 40 years ago if there were issues with bullies, classmates, team dynamics etc. you went home and were able to separate and clear your head and hopefully discuss with your parents or a close friend on the phone (and I mean a phone attached to a kitchen wall! tired) or in person. Now with 24x7 connectivity the issue follows them and builds and they can never escape it without cutting themselves off from whatever support network (out of the home anyway) that they have. Combine that with the relentless TV, movies, ""news" media that shows violence as a means out you can see where it leads.

Very sad. No one will come out ahead here.

Yep, imagine if EVERY awkward moment in high school we had back then could be and often was circulated among hundreds of our peers on social media, in an environment where virtually every kid pays at least as much attention to their smart phones as they do reality.

Look how much time we here all spend on the 'net, and we are grownups, I didn't even have an electronic calculator until college, let alone a bottomless internet with web pages celebrating and suggesting dark deeds.

Furthermore suppose your own dark deeds could be played out to an audience of potentially millions, don't we all remember a kids named Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold? Columbine was more than 18 years ago.

Throw into that the general and ongoing decline of stable marriages and old-school parenting.

All it takes is literally one kid in a million to flip.

I don't know "the cause", and maybe every case is different, but I gotta think all of the above contributes.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Either bullying or mental illness.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RickyD

Best in a long, long time.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I believe we do, RickyD.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Best in a long, long time.

I was not a huge Bevin fan, even though I voted for him. His background was a little too fuzzy for my liking, but he has done a very good job, unlike a long line of crooked Democrat governors.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Most people will go to great extremes to avoid severe pain. Singapore has found the application of pain through whacks with a cane to be quite an effective deterrent to bad behavior.

Their cops dont have to kill many suckers. It would probably cause a lot of these cowards to accept their lot with much more humility and could probably save a lot of AA dimocraps from prison and worse.

Of course, lieberals would not want us breaking the spirit of murderers such as the one who did this.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/23/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by hanco
What is wrong with people? What makes them do this?

The snapping of the American mind by the lieberals.

Their parents never beat their ass when they were kids. And all those damn participate trophy !

All these plus too damn much prescribed meds for kids!

"That young boys running through the yard and has a stick in his hand for a gun saying poww poww poww" "HOLY FUGG WE GOTTA MEDICATE HIM" that's not normal, he'll need counseling too! shocked

Trump Won!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Constant violence on tv, games, etc., no effective home discipline(liberals), and a general lack of accountability and thought for consequences while growing up( back to spankings....)

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
New Fox News report just now 2 dead & 19 wounded, 14 of which were from gunshot wounds. From pics, shooter appears to be a white male. They stated he was 15 years old, but not yet saying he was a student there.

Prayers for the victims and their Family's !!!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/23/18.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Regardless whether good or bad upbringing, how can you ever really know which kids, or grown ups for that matter, could turn out to be 'bad seeds' and of those how far they might go on impulse or planned out?

I know I've seen kids who were brought up "right" turn out to be nothing but endless trouble and kids who were raised in literal hell home environments turn out to be good, respectful, law abiding citizens and great parents,

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Man,...this is a bad one. They just announced 19 hurt, 2 dead.

I can't imagine what's going on down there to cause 2 of these situations in 20 years. That's the area I grew up in and you wouldn't think that it would create an environment that would make kids go off like this. It's just very typical working/middle class mostly rural America.

It's been a long time since I lived down there, but it's not very different than any rural area you care to mention.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
New Fox News report just now 2 dead & 19 wounded, 14 of which were from gunshot wounds. From pics, shooter appears to be a white male. They stated he was 15 years old, but not yet saying he was a student there.

Prayers for the victims and their Family's !!!

Unless things have changed from when I was a kid, the shooter has to be a white male. Marshall County had (and I assume still has) a minority population of Zero.

Yes, Prayers from here also.

My Mom lives in Benton and she texted me earlier about this

Last edited by tdd4570; 01/23/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I believe that anyone under the age of 18 does not need a cell phone.......even though that cell phone may indeed serve a useful purpose. But, that cell phone and social media creates many more problems than it fixes. I see these teenagers that are constantly texting, and I am not stupid, because I was a kid once, and all of it is not harmless.

It starts with parents, but in today's word, few people actually want to be parents. They'd rather leave that responsibility to someone else, so they can be free to live their lives accordingly. Parents let the kids have a phone, so they can have a way to get in touch in case of an emergency, but it rarely works that way.

A cell phone has helped me out numerous times........but you know what......I got along okay in the years prior to having one. I just didn't know how handy they were. They are a tool........very good if used for their intended purpose, not so good if that use is abused.

Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned......get our kids of off social media and we'll have much better kids.

Excellent.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by tdd4570
Marshall County had (and I assume still has) a minority population of Zero.

Yeah,....I recall that it was notorious for that when I lived down there.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I believe that anyone under the age of 18 does not need a cell phone.......even though that cell phone may indeed serve a useful purpose. But, that cell phone and social media creates many more problems than it fixes. I see these teenagers that are constantly texting, and I am not stupid, because I was a kid once, and all of it is not harmless.

It starts with parents, but in today's word, few people actually want to be parents. They'd rather leave that responsibility to someone else, so they can be free to live their lives accordingly. Parents let the kids have a phone, so they can have a way to get in touch in case of an emergency, but it rarely works that way.

A cell phone has helped me out numerous times........but you know what......I got along okay in the years prior to having one. I just didn't know how handy they were. They are a tool........very good if used for their intended purpose, not so good if that use is abused.

Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned......get our kids of off social media and we'll have much better kids.

Excellent.

For the life of me I can't imagine why any school board would ever allow students to take their cell phones into locker rooms and bath rooms where various states of undress are the norm and expected but apparently some (many?) do.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Their parents never beat their ass when they were kids. And all those damn participate trophy !

dilly dilly

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I doubt that never violently aggressing against children produces violent children, particularly when all the research existent points to the opposite. You guys who imagine that beating a child is somehow effective to produce anything other than a broken adult piss me off.

What does it teach the child? Let's see... Violence solves problems. It is perfectly justifiable to use violence to get someone to submit. You are free to attack someone if they have no recourse. It is perfectly for that bully to beat you, because he can. You should beat your kids, because that produces healthy adults. If you don't submit to authority, you will face physical assault. Aggression is fine, as long as you can get away with it. Those are a few things that come to mind.

Yep, keep beating your kids, idiots. It will make us more free as a nation, and more peaceful as a society.

If you stick your hand in a fire and it don't hurt, what is reason not to do it again ?

I spend a lot of time in an airline. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard a parent say " I don't know why he /she is acting like this, they never do it at home". Horseshidt. You play like you practice. If little Johnny rules the roost at home, what makes him an angel in public. Friggin Morons. I swear, you should have to pass a test to have kids.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I read this on another site, lots of truth in it.

"Wanna know why there were almost no school shootings 50 years ago? Violent kids were sent to reform schools and crazy kids were sent to a state run mental hospital. Antisocial behavior had sever consequences"

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1OntarioJim, 222ND, 1badf350, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.