Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MJones Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I have been trying to find an outfitter in Wyoming to go antelope hunting . I have called several and left messages and my number but no call-backs. I'm a 51 year old guy who will be going by myself and have no problems getting around . If any of you guys know someone or are an outfitter yourself , please pm me. Thank You all

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ever just thought about rollin solo? If you wanna just kill a goat that’s how I’d do it. If your after a giant New Mexico is pretty reasonable..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
MJones Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Well I've thought about that but I have no idea where would be a good place . I have been all over the internet and made countless phone calls and seem to get answers all over the place .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Do you have any points?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Antelope are by far the easiest solo critter to hunt, ie; critter size, terrain, lots of animal numbers. I love huntin antelope

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Trophy Ridge Outfitters in Carlile, WY Ralph Damphman Phone 307-756-9776. I have been hunting with him as a single for the last ten years. He has cabins that you stay in you may have to share a side. Just tell him Tom from Gettysburg recommended him.

Tom
M
MJones Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Judman no I have zero points . I don't want to drive up there and find nowhere to hunt . I've been on those wild goose chases before and now I don't have the time for that crap.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've used SNS Outfitters a couple of times, as have some relatives and acquaintances. Nobody has ever had a bad time.

http://huntwyo.com

Although antelope may be relatively easy to hunt yourself, what nobody ever mentions is that you still have to take care of feeding yourself, getting the animal to a reputable meat processor shortly after the kill, trophy care if you want to mount the animal, etc.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
I've used SNS Outfitters a couple of times, as have some relatives and acquaintances. Nobody has ever had a bad time.

http://huntwyo.com

Although antelope may be relatively easy to hunt yourself, what nobody ever mentions is that you still have to take care of feeding yourself, getting the animal to a reputable meat processor shortly after the kill, trophy care if you want to mount the animal, etc.

I do a solo trip or 2 a year, so I guess I don’t think about all the extra duty’s, I just do em.... I’d start building points in Wyoming and go to New Mexico, not much more scratch and better shot at a good goat over a 0 point Wyoming unit

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If your set on Wyoming these 2 guys are pretty reputable 7j outfitters and WyCon Safaris

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With just a little surfing one can find guide/outfitters. In Wyoming, however, shooting pronghorn is about as difficult as shaking out a cottontail anywhere else. They support about 80% of the total US pronghorn population. If one it time limited, flying in, and wants out in a hurry, then it's probably best to secure a guide. If one has a week and is picky, then a couple days might be required.

They're about the most fun one can have on big game, as there is usually one in sight somewhere on the horizon. That alone can keep me going forever. With other game, I've gone an entire season once in awhile and never seen one.

I think one will need some preference points now. The days of non-residents getting spur of the moment tags are over. I've not explored it, but there are probably tags issued to the guides and outfitters.

Good luck and hope you get one almost as big as mine,

Last edited by 1minute; 01/24/18.

1Minute
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’ve hunted 0 point areas with 4 doe tags and limited out in 2 Days.

Don’t need points, don’t need a week... a smart phone w/ OnXMaps is worth its weight in gold.

SNS would be where I’d call for an outfitter but I’d think harder on DIY and save the fees to pay for tags elsewhere. Once you do a trip like this you realize how much you CAN do on your own and horizon opens up!

Either way best of luck only wrong decision is to not go!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Call Ross Adney. BeaverTrap Outfitters should be able to draw with no points in his area. Lots of private there. I’ve been going out with him for around 8 years now on different hunts and have sent a bunch of my friends out with him as well. I’d have list of people you could call for reference if wanted

His number is 307 461 0655.

I know he has been chasing lions lately quite a bit I’d say nights may be your best shot

www.beavertrapoutfitters.com

Last edited by JerradPelzer; 01/24/18.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Wyoming doesn't have any landowner tags that are transferrable and outfitters don't get any on their own. Each person has to draw their own tag.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If that’s the case I’d throw down a little more scratch and kill a goodun in New Mexico

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
MJones Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks JerradP, I talked today with Ross . I will be making further arrangements with him. Nice thing was he answered on the third ring , unlike the other guys who won't even return a call .I guess you told him about this thread .

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MJones
Thanks JerradP, I talked today with Ross . I will be making further arrangements with him. Nice thing was he answered on the third ring , unlike the other guys who won't even return a call .I guess you told him about this thread .

Glad you got a hold of him he’s pretty hit and miss with reception this time of year. Be interested on how your hunt goes. I’ll be out there first part of Sept helping out with bear hunters! Best of luck to you

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Pronghorn guide service (tony and Eli grimmit) would be my first choice if I was to use anyone. Problem is I doubt you’d draw any unit they want to work in with 0 points, could be wrong there, can’t hurt to call and ask.

0 points steers you towards the Eastern part of the state to hunt leased ranches .nothing wrong with that but can’t help much there. SnS Outfitter’s get mentioned a lot tho?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have never hunted pronghorns, but I have been around them a lot, especially while hunting blue (scaled) quail. They seem to be curious critters and were rarely out of sight on several good quail hunts. I have had a band of them run along side of me while traveling back roads, seemingly for the fun of it. When they tired, they would peel off and stop. I have seen some really good bucks along side the highway east of Roswell, NM. " And that is all I know about that."

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 01/28/18.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.