-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Ca's recent tax proposal goes through, there might be more of an exodus.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being Moonbeam wants to confiscate half of their federal tax break, I'm thinking there are many more hitching up the wagons.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With the customer service I received 3 years ago on a new accumark it wouldn’t bother me if they abandoned the earth. Bought a brand new accumark, the caliber 338 Lapua. Shot about a dozen loads with different bullet weights between 180 and 250 grains. The only load that shot close to an inch was the 180 ballistic tip load. I called weatherby and they suggested that I go with the 180grain load. I informed them that at 600 yards my 7mag shooting 168’s was balliitically superior and would negate any reason I blew the money on the Lapua. They still said shoot the 180’s. So I got pi$$ed and so did they. Then they said I could send it in, but it was probably going to cost me shipping both ways and what ever ammo they burned up. I didn’t trust em after my coveration with them
. So I had a buddy get rid of their crappy bedding job and skim bed it for me. It shot nosler factory ammo and Berger 250’s sub Moa after that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's awesome. Every arms company should relocate to a free state.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought weatherby was made in japan

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I thought weatherby was made in japan

Vanguards, yes. Mark Vs are made by ATEK in the US, but not in California. I don't know what they actually do in CA. Business office maybe? Finall assembly?
Maybe they will do everything in WY.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pffft. Sounds like all Wyoming is going to get is Californians.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It should be quite a culture shock to those who are not prepared to assimilate. The only towns larger within a couple of hours’ drive are Gillette, Casper, and Billings, Montana, which aren’t exactly California-ish. Denver is 6 hours south on a good day and double that or impossible on a bad day. The transplants aren’t going to find all of the generic restaurant, food and retail stores to which they are accustomed. But, for people who want to assimilate, and actually use the products they make, it’s perfect. The people who won’t or can’t assimilate will go crazy and be gone in a couple of years.

We actually need infusions like this, because Front Range creep will eventually overtake us on the southern end of the state.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 01/24/18.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
California is going to be losing a lot more businesses.

California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state

Last edited by SD300; 01/24/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
If youre into those gay humbback rifles.

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On the brink of Gavin Newsom (Nancy Pelosi's nephew) becoming governor, this is a superb business move.

Bravo Weatherby!!!!

F/Y California.

Proud NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Good news to my ears

A True Leader knows the way, shows the way and goes the way.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I was checking on Adam Weatherby's bio, wondering about his background and education.

He has a masters degree in religion from Liberty University in VA, was youth pastor at a local church in CA.

I wasn't expecting that, but it is interesting and a snapshot into who this young man is.

His dad, Ed, turned the company over to son Adam. The WY move is a master stroke, IMO. I wonder how many employees will move. They reportedly will be hiring local employees as they grow, are working closely with a local college.

DF

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hollyweird Rifles!

With 9 locking lugs and free-bored chambers!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Such a shame. When Roy founded the company, CA was the embodiment of the American Dream. How did it get ruined? It's a travesty.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Big deal for the state. Moving headquarters and manufacturing to Sheridan, Wyoming

https://county10.com/weatherby-moves-manufacturing-operation-sheridan-lander-consideration/

You folks understand that this action will have zero effect on the electorate in California, right?

Great for Wyoming, though!!

We dont give a fig about the electorate in Kali, lost cause.

This is a great move for Weatherby, Sheridan is a very nice town, not too big, 70-90 jobs will be huge.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The one thing that always worries me is Californicating Wyoming. Colorado is already pretty much lost. Assuming the head men, and whoever move are gun guys, they still bring wives, children, who may be died in the wool Californians. Larger populations bring their own troubles.

I don't suppose enough people could move TO California to change the dynamic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take time to read the book about Roy Weatherby. I have it to lazy to go find it. But I believe it’s Weatherby the gun the legend. At any rate it describes the development of the Mark V action. Very impressive at the very least.
I hope Weathbys employers don’t take California beliefs to their new state. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would bet money that most if not all of Weatherby's employees are more like us than like the liberal Kalifornios we all despise here in the Western states. If not, Wyoming winters will shake most of them loose after a year or two although Sheridan winters are quite a bit milder than most of the rest of the state. Lack of big city amenities might run off a few more, leaving the ones who assimilate into OUR culture.

Last edited by jnyork; 01/24/18.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by McInnis
I already own one Weatherby rifle and a shotgun, but I'll swear as soon as they make on that says "Made in Sheridan Wy", I'll buy another one.

I don't own a weatherby, but I'll buy one when it's marked Made in Sheridan, Wyoming. I need another gun anyhow.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.