Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm w/Inmon on this one. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 01/24/18.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You old facks don't really understand technology very well, but this seems like a fault on the WY DFG website, than an actually forced attempt at besieging their network. First of all, if the site runs on scripts, which most do, by not allowing scripts to run on ones computer it actually can break certain websites. Not allowing scripts to run on your comp even though you visit a certain web address is akin to pulling up to a certain stoplight and not allowing the local bum to wash your windshield. They talk about a 20 min script that is supposed to prevent this, instead their database should automatically disqualify anyone who currently has a tag for such species. Then again they probably wouldn't have this issuse if they didn't use pajeets via H1B system to program their faulty website. I'm not saying this man is 100% without some fault, but failure to know that he cannot apply for more tags, when the system allows him to is a crime how/why? From what I've read it seems the fault is on the DFG and they are trying to smear this man in an attempt to provide closure and deference against their own faulty website. Feel free to provide evidence against the above if more information is available.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gee, and here all you gotta do is work for F&G to draw a tag...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
You old facks don't really understand technology very well, but this seems like a fault on the WY DFG website, than an actually forced attempt at besieging their network. First of all, if the site runs on scripts, which most do, by not allowing scripts to run on ones computer it actually can break certain websites. Not allowing scripts to run on your comp even though you visit a certain web address is akin to pulling up to a certain stoplight and not allowing the local bum to wash your windshield. They talk about a 20 min script that is supposed to prevent this, instead their database should automatically disqualify anyone who currently has a tag for such species. Then again they probably wouldn't have this issuse if they didn't use pajeets via H1B system to program their faulty website. I'm not saying this man is 100% without some fault, but failure to know that he cannot apply for more tags, when the system allows him to is a crime how/why? From what I've read it seems the fault is on the DFG and they are trying to smear this man in an attempt to provide closure and deference against their own faulty website. Feel free to provide evidence against the above if more information is available.

You are very much like a good share of people that inhabit this country now that blame everything on everyone but the culprit---YOURSELF! The guy was a cheating SOB that figured out how to tamper with the system and allow him to apply 99 times for a tag that you're only allowed to apply for one time. Saying that the G&F had anything wrong with their system to cause or allow him to do what he did is pure BS!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Are you kidding? Most states, and I'm sure WY is one of them, tell you how many tags you're eligible for. He illegally broke into their computer system to steal an extra tag. He's a POS and needs whatever punishment they give him. It's not fault of the WY fish and game that he broke the law. It's his fault and his alone. Maybe their system is less secure than it should be but that doesn't excuse the actions of a criminal. If he hadn't broken the law, he wouldn't have tried to get in to steal the tag.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I don't think this is a Lacy act violation since no animals were involved. This was strictly a computer crime. He probably curse his good luck to draw tags on both of his applications!!

On the face of it I agree, but one never knows how a prosecutor may "interpret" the law.........

I've no doubt they haven't thought of applying the Lacey Act.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To my knowledge, the Lacey act only applies to LIVE animals and plants. It controls the introduction of non-native species while allowing for reintroduction of endangered species.. It was clearly violated with the wolf introduction because they quickly killed off or bred the native Idaho wolves out of existence.
It's been amended several times but every change I could find only applied to live animals, not dead ones.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
S
Originally Posted by Owl
At the very least any hunting privileges or involvement in hunting, fishing, shooting sports etc. ought to be taken for life if found guilty.

No, they shouldn't. And they won't be.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

This would all be fine if the number of applications weren’t subject to explicit regulation. The rules are clear and whether the computer allows it or not the applicant is responsible to know the rules.

A firearm allows me to shoot more animals than I have tags for; can I blame the gun?

He hacked the system. Hacking is a purposeful act meant to get away w/ something otherwise forbidden.

Ironic the guy is from Utah where you can buy a tag for whatever whenever if you have the money.

S
S
They talk about a 20 min script that is supposed to prevent this, instead their database should automatically disqualify anyone who currently has a tag for such species. Then again they probably wouldn't have this issuse if they didn't use pajeets via H1B system to program their faulty website.

Truth, most of these furriners on visa are terrible programmers. Send them back.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,962
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.