Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have a product wish: a fixed 4x rifle scope by SWFA. 4 inch eye relief, top level / HD glass, tough as nails construction, 1 inch diameter tube with 28-32 mm objective bell ( for 7+ mm exit pupil), low screw on turrent caps on windage and elevation with finger adjustable low knobs under the caps ( Hunter style, not "tactical"). Plex reticle, best strength tracking springs for repeatable click adjustments. Long tube for flexibility fore/aft mounting on a long bolt action.

Make it the best 4x fixed power hunting rifle scope on the market. (Same config, but 6x HD too)

C'mon SWFA and make it happen soon.

Last edited by buttstock; 01/25/18.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yea but if it had High end Glass...It would cost 1500 Bucks..SWFA scopes are not Know for there great Glass.....The one I looked thru had Tasco Quality Glass...

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d happily take the 1-4 body with the same reticle and the power adjustment replaced with parallax adjustment like their other SS models. When making quick shots at ranges from 10-300yds I find the diamond insainly useful.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most run of the mill fixed 4x scopes are pretty durable. Even leupold wouldn’t be bad

M
MLF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Buttstock, I am with you 100%. If they make it, I will buy.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reminds me of the craze a few years back, pleading for a modern version of the Leupold 3x M8...

Leupold made it happen through the custom shop. Hope they did allright - but it sure is quiet now on the forums...

Plus - your proposal makes not much sense, does it? Why give up matching reticle and adjustments?

Last edited by Ready; 01/26/18.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by buttstock
I have a product wish: a fixed 4x rifle scope by SWFA. 4 inch eye relief, top level / HD glass, tough as nails construction, 1 inch diameter tube with 28-32 mm objective bell ( for 7+ mm exit pupil), low screw on turrent caps on windage and elevation with finger adjustable low knobs under the caps ( Hunter style, not "tactical"). Plex reticle, best strength tracking springs for repeatable click adjustments. Long tube for flexibility fore/aft mounting on a long bolt action.

Make it the best 4x fixed power hunting rifle scope on the market. (Same config, but 6x HD too)

C'mon SWFA and make it happen soon.

They might sell 5 or 6........ maybe.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The more scopes there are in the lineup, the less time they will spend on quality control. Look at what has happened to Leupold. I don't see anything that a 4x will do, that cannot be covered by the great 6x.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Ready
Reminds me of the craze a few years back, pleading for a modern version of the Leupold 3x M8...

Leupold made it happen through the custom shop. Hope they did allright - but it sure is quiet now on the forums...

I just purchased two of the newer Leup 3x in the past two months.....

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
100% agreement on a 4x fixed scope as described. A full size 4x fixed scope with multiple reticle choices should be in every scope companies catalog. This is the classic hunting scope that will handle just about all practical scenarios. If all hunters had this simple scope I am betting alot more game would be taken just because it is simple and works.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they thought they'd sell, they'd make them. Leupold and Weaver are the only ones I know of offhand. Tastes have changed, production numbers affect price, and price affects sales. Multiple options (reticles) increase price too. People on here have been asking for an SWFA SS 6x with low turrets and a duplex for a while, but to no avail. SWFA ain't interested, maybe because they're selling the one they have now fast as they can get them produced.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,519 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,505
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.