Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RAS
Gregintenn,

In fairness to the OP, this is the only place I have it posted. Pictures help, and I don’t have them.

I am just a poor salesman, or, I really want to keep it. Even though I have THREE 99Gs in 300. Lol.

I'm probably the only guy on here that doesn't own a G. I'd love to have one. The only thing keeping me from having yours sent here is the current lack of a local ffl I feel comfortable dealing with.

Since yours is available here for the price listed, it definitely has a bearing on the value of the OP's rifle in my opinion.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wondering when somebody would ask for the barrel address.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 99guy
2K?

Stayin out of this one...

Looks like I owe you a bunch of money old buddy!

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
D
dogsled Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
For those interested the address on the barrel is Savage Arms Corporation, Utica, NY Made in USA

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogsled
For those interested the address on the barrel is Savage Arms Corporation, Utica, NY Made in USA

Thanks dogsled. Which of these barrel addresses is it. Details matter. smile

[Linked Image]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
IC B2

D
dogsled Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I can't see the whole line for Style 7, but that looks like it. It isn't any of the others as there is no patent date. All that is on the barrel is
"Savage Arms Corporation, Utica, NY Made in USA"

Last edited by dogsled; 01/29/18.

NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dogsled. I just checked my book and the style 7 barrel does not have patent dates. What you see in in the pic above is all that is on the barrel and it dates to 1928-1930. Joe

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok, here's a better scan of barrel addresses Type 7 & 8.

[Linked Image]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Dogsled, from your description it sounds as if the barrel on your rifle has a Style 8 barrel address. One thing you might want to consider is writing to Savage for a letter on your rifle as it is in the serial number range for which information is available. (The address is in the Misc. Good Info "sticky" at the top of the Savage Collectors page. Cost should be in the neighborhood of $25 - 35.) If your rifle was returned to Savage to be rebarreled that information should be in the record. If the work was done by the factory, and you can prove it, that would increase the value of the rifle to some degree vs. the same rifle and not knowing who did the work.

D
dogsled Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Jaaack
Dogsled, from your description it sounds as if the barrel on your rifle has a Style 8 barrel address. One thing you might want to consider is writing to Savage for a letter on your rifle as it is in the serial number range for which information is available. (The address is in the Misc. Good Info "sticky" at the top of the Savage Collectors page. Cost should be in the neighborhood of $25 - 35.) If your rifle was returned to Savage to be rebarreled that information should be in the record. If the work was done by the factory, and you can prove it, that would increase the value of the rifle to some degree vs. the same rifle and not knowing who did the work.

Yes, style 8 would be the one.

I appreciate all of the help you guys have provided. I have learned more about this rifle in the last 10 days than in the 10 years it sat in the safe. smile

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 44 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,104
Posts18,502,148
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.