Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ready Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I post this here, to ensure, that, please, you do not delete your accounts, even if you may now, after the ransom decision, not use em anymore.

Old threads can still be viewed after installing this fix in your browser:

Originally Posted by RickBin
Sent in by a member:

Seeing Past Photobucket Hotlink Block, like this:

[Linked Image]

Photobucket has chosen to show you this block image instead of the original image. However, unless the user deleted their photobucket account, every old photobucket image is still linked on this website (and every other place on the internet).

There are Free Add-Ons available for both Chrome and Firefox, which will let you choose to see the original photo instead of the "ransom block" image, throughout the Internet.

For Chrome - chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... aedg?hl=en

Then search for PHOTOBUCKET

for Firefox - addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

With this, you can see everyone's old photobucket images in context on every thread and every website.

Uploading the patch, you're not doing photobucket any favors, giving them any money, agreeing with them - all you're doing is restoring your old knowledge base to where it was before the photobucket ransom

If you want to remove the add on later, go to Add-ons/Extensions and remove or disable it, or with Chrome, just right-click on your toolbar.

Lets conserve our collective work.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What do MacBook guys use?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Worked seamlessly on my PC here at work. But is there a patch for Safari and MACs?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went to postimage. works great

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was able to transfer all the images I wanted from PhotoBucket back to my PC's hard drive...
that is how I dealt with the problem so they weren't lost...can post them to another host
if I need to post....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not worth putting another app on my computer to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
every photo on Photo Bucket was still on my hard drive, and on my back up storage of old SD chips, and on the two external Hard Drives I use for back up. I go to the Photo Bucket site to find the picture I want, and using the dating of the various albums, I find the original photo, and then just post using PictureTrail.

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yeah .. F-U-C-K photobucket. I had many hundreds, possibly low thousands, of pictures those c-o-c-k-s-u-c-k-e-r-s tried to hold hostage. I'm DONE with them and their extortion. At the time I signed up, their service was free and "advertised" to be permanently free. The whole point was exactly third party hosting. Bait and switch? Y' know what they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. To HELL with photobucket.

I deleted all of my content from their extortion site. I left my account active so that they can send me offers of service and I can tell them F-U-C-K Y-O-U as often as possible.

It makes me rethink how much I shared. Sort of reeling myself back in. For that little amount I still do want to share, our site's local hosting is more than adequate. For other sites, Flickr isn't too bad.

If I need a pay site, it will be one that hosts web pages, not just an image archive.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Curious if anyone knows whether or not if you still can see photos you post here from your old "free" Photobucket account can others see them as well or just you only? (this without using the above mentioned "fix" add-on)

The reason I ask is for some reason when I post photos here from my old PB account so far they still have been showing up in my posts on my end same as they always did before the big purge/ransom.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Afraid Photobucket's reputation is forever ruined.

No thank you.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I went to postimage. works great

I did too. No problems here.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Seafire
I was able to transfer all the images I wanted from PhotoBucket back to my PC's hard drive...
that is how I dealt with the problem so they weren't lost...can post them to another host
if I need to post....

Dats what I did...then I put them in postage as I need them...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I left photobucket when they started the extortion. No way I'm going back. Too many other services do the same thing without the illogical downside. I also think that Rick is on the right track with secure hosting. It's not perfect yet, but soon there will be no need for the Photobuckets of the world.

Okie John

Last edited by okie john; 02/02/18.

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just checked some pics that I had posted from photobucket back in 2016. They are still viewable. I don't know what the deal is...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ready
I post this here, to ensure, that, please, you do not delete your accounts, even if you may now, after the ransom decision, not use em anymore.

Old threads can still be viewed after installing this fix in your browser:

Originally Posted by RickBin
Sent in by a member:

Seeing Past Photobucket Hotlink Block, like this:

[Linked Image]

Photobucket has chosen to show you this block image instead of the original image. However, unless the user deleted their photobucket account, every old photobucket image is still linked on this website (and every other place on the internet).

There are Free Add-Ons available for both Chrome and Firefox, which will let you choose to see the original photo instead of the "ransom block" image, throughout the Internet.

For Chrome - chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... aedg?hl=en

Then search for PHOTOBUCKET

for Firefox - addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

With this, you can see everyone's old photobucket images in context on every thread and every website.

Uploading the patch, you're not doing photobucket any favors, giving them any money, agreeing with them - all you're doing is restoring your old knowledge base to where it was before the photobucket ransom

If you want to remove the add on later, go to Add-ons/Extensions and remove or disable it, or with Chrome, just right-click on your toolbar.

Lets conserve our collective work.
Well, I tried that.. And it didn't work...

So much for THAT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Worked for me.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Works for me.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Yeah .. F-U-C-K photobucket. I had many hundreds, possibly low thousands, of pictures those c-o-c-k-s-u-c-k-e-r-s tried to hold hostage. I'm DONE with them and their extortion. At the time I signed up, their service was free and "advertised" to be permanently free. The whole point was exactly third party hosting. Bait and switch? Y' know what they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. To HELL with photobucket.

I deleted all of my content from their extortion site. I left my account active so that they can send me offers of service and I can tell them F-U-C-K Y-O-U as often as possible.

It makes me rethink how much I shared. Sort of reeling myself back in. For that little amount I still do want to share, our site's local hosting is more than adequate. For other sites, Flickr isn't too bad.

If I need a pay site, it will be one that hosts web pages, not just an image archive.

Tom

Gee Tom,

I think this is the first time I've ever seen you with your dander up...

guess the bottom line point, is they really must of pissed you off big time...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are fixes for Chrome and Firefox running on Mac OS. Unfortunately, there is no current fix for iOS Safari or any other iOS browser (iPhone/iPad mobile browsers).

If Rick wanted to he could go harvest all these images, host them, and back write their new addresses into the threads. I’m surprised we haven’t seen someone do this yet. There are some very interesting legal issues about content ownership, particularly in light of Photobucket’s statements regarding the content in question. I’d argue they’ve significantly limited their relationship to the content.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
An Error Has Occured. Download Interrupted.... over and over and over.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, beefan, 308ld, 808outdoors, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 922 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,263
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.