Camp is where you make it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tzone
plug it in.

Guess if the poor weinie dog gets roasted a man would have to gut it and find a damn big hotdog bun and a bucket of mustard. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U beat him with it ...my last two dogs started that...they are an always will be afraid of blue cords !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U don't and you will find a dead dog one day...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Blue Healer that enjoyed tearing wiring out from under vehicles in the driveway. Cost me a small fortune when he did serious damage to a friend's Suburban. All the beating in the world wouldn't cure him of that habit.

The final straw was when he bit my brake lines in two. I finally gave him away.

Kelly
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KMS
I had a Blue Healer that enjoyed tearing wiring out from under vehicles in the driveway. Cost me a small fortune when he did serious damage to a friend's Suburban. All the beating in the world wouldn't cure him of that habit.

The final straw was when he bit my brake lines in two. I finally gave him away.

You should have borrowed a electric fence charger. It'll stop people from pissing on your wheels too.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I heard this story many years ago, and the fellow than told it to me swore that it happened. Some new people moved into a neighborhood and had a big old dog that they let roam freely. This mutt got into everything, and destroyed anything he could get hold of. The neighbors all complained, but the dog's owner would just laugh and deny that his dog was doing anything wrong. The straw that broke the camels back came when he tore up one guys Christmas decorations. The man took an old electrical cord, one that had some bare wires, coated it with some bacon grease, and plugged it in. Supposedly, the dog was found dead the next morning, having been electrocuted. The dog's owner was told to come get his dog, and asked to pay the damages that the dog had caused. The best I remember, there was quite a row over what happened.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
My heated water bowel......

Heated bowel? What will they think of next?

To answer the OP, don't try goose sh**, it won't work.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Of course a live electric wire can kill a dog. That is the why of stopping the chewing.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I wonder if you got a bottle of the stuff they paint on kids' fingernails to get them to stop chewing on them, painted it on the cord, if it would taste bad enough to make him stop.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
go to the farm store, there is a sour apple spray to stop chewing, bad thing is he will just move to something else. Give him plenty of chew toys

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know about dogs - but ALL those solutions stopped my kids from chewing on electrical cords.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I had a Beagle that chewed a cord to a running box fan. He never touched a wire again. If his toy bounced behind the TV, near the wires, he would whine to me, but never get it himself.

Jason
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
As a kid my sister had a mentally retarded beagle that chewed on cords, he got shocked at least half a dozen times that I know of, it never stopped him. I remember one Christmas eve the whole family was in the living room and the tree was in the corner with the lights on. there was a "pop' and a yelp and the lights went out. My dad fixed the cord and an hour later the dog did it again.

My dad rewired nearly every lamp and device so the cords went through that metal spiral conduit, but if the dog could find an inch or two of unprotected cord he was off to the races. all the getting zapped never did hurt him as lived something like 14 years old.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Simple Wabi, just smear the cords with the dogs schitt.

Well, i guess you could try dipping the cords in a bucket of piss.

Btw, you didnt mention what kind of dog it is. If its a chitt eater id smear canned dog food on the cord.

Is it a puppy? Does it have dog chews?

If its a good dog id use a shock collar. They have saved the lives of many dogs by teaching them to avoid danger.

You dont usually have to set it high. Set it where it gives a good tingle to your own hand. Its the surprise of feeling something weird happening that the dog doesnt like as its not used to it and it wants to avoid it. Saved my pointer pup years ago from going after cows with calves, horses that would have kicked its brains out, hitting cattleguards or barbed wire fences until it learned better, taught it to dodge javelinas, badgers, rattlers, skunks, porkypines and wild hogs.

You do not want to see a young dog hit a barbed wire fence or cattleguard at 30 mph while hot on the tail of a wabbit.

Jules would not go after horses or cattle but she didnt know they would go for her if she got around them. Coller showed her discomfort around them until she learned to stay away.
Bird dog men fear their dog getting into a herd of javilina. She learned to come instantly when i called no matter what she wanted to do.

Good luck.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/02/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My Siberian Husky (1.5yo) decided it was a good idea to chew on the electric cord to one of the electric recliners that’s part of my living room set. Heard a yelp, and had to re-wire the cord (he bit right through). The dog was a little skiddish for a day or two, but he never tried to chew an electric cord again.

Pet stores sell that Sour Apple spray, you could try that.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Homer Roberts's St. Bernard used to chew on drop cords for fun - didn't seem to affect him.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Try Habanaro pepper juice and alum on the cord. It will work. They do not like the taste sensation.

Tom
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shirley this is a self rectifying issue. Amazed the question was even posted.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/02/18.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Don't call me Shirley! Duck or soup? I never can keep those two straight; which one do you shoot?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,460
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.