Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I don’t see how this is possible. I have newer and older 700’s. All shoot great. They get bashed a lot here, but I like them a lot.
Are they going “belly up” ???

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
There is a thread started in this forum already by gahuntertom that has good information in it. There is also a thread started over on the campfire on this subject that has some links with information in it as well.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes, Jay - hanco posted in THAT thread IN this forum.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
ITS A DEMOCRAT COMPANY AND THEIR JUNK THE NEW ONES. WOULD NOT WALK ACROSS THE STREET FOR ONE EVEN THE NEW JUNK MUZZLELOADER THEY MADE OUT OF A RECEIVER OUT OF 700 INSTEAD OF 40X

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's all about Cerebus.

Remington is just as good as it ever was, outside of corporate management and policies.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The "Name" is to valuable to go away, and with luck and the right people they will thrive once again, but these big companies tend to hold on to {as they should} designers for to long, with out younger more active shooters, and with out the mix of skilled and knowledgeable engineers and younger newer shooters and ideas your company falls on these hard times.
Does the Jim Zumbo name bring back any memories?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have one of the newer mdl Sevens. The recoil pad has been melting since I got it. The few times I seceded getting thru their barricaded phone "menu" I was promised a replacement which never arrived. I ve given up and will try to find somewhere to buy one. The finish and bluing on the newer ones don't compare to something they made say pre 1990's.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
If you talked to employees at the Remington over the last 15 years it was clear the company was on a downward trajectory and was getting by on its name while producing many mediocre firearms. The company now has almost a billion dollars in debt which means it is in very serious trouble. With better ownership/management and an infusion of cash it can survive especially because of its reputation. But let's face it Remington has a deep hole to climb out of.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The two most accurate rifles I own are a M700 ADL in .308 (1966) and M700 Classic .35 Whelen (1988). I have other rifles that shoot as well but not better. I have been unsuccessful in wearing out a couple of 870s as well. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They should have jumped on the Creedmoor chamberings immediately.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL. Remington isn't going anywhere.

Murphy was a grunt.
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by dh84
I have one of the newer mdl Sevens. The recoil pad has been melting since I got it. The few times I seceded getting thru their barricaded phone "menu" I was promised a replacement which never arrived. I ve given up and will try to find somewhere to buy one. The finish and bluing on the newer ones don't compare to something they made say pre 1990's.

The sticky recoil pads are limbsaver brand. Call limbsaver and they will send a new pad right out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall
Yes, Jay - hanco posted in THAT thread IN this forum.
Jerry

I'm beginning to wonder if hanco's wife lets him speak at home. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dh84: Hmm... that is a different experience than I recently had with the Remington Service Department - on two different occasions (dates) I contacted the Remington Service Department and on each occasion a new recoil pad arrived and I installed them myself with no fitting necessary. They fit perfectly.
Maybe it depends on who answers the phone which day?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Always Had Good Luck With Them..I Like The new Model 7 Better Than The Old.. Stock Is Much Better..I Had a Blued One,And Finish Wasn't The Best on It.. It Rusted Pretty Bad. But The S.S. Is I.M.O Better Than The Old One's.Cant See Them Ever Going Way..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolutely, a friend called about the p ad on his LVSF. A man named Simms answered the phone, explained that they had received faulty raw materials, apoligized, and sent him a new one.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been amazed and appalled for 30 years at how Remington was conducting business.

I am suspicious that there is an inside agenda.

I have said many times it's almost as if the leadership or owners are TRYING to destroy the company.

Every time they did something that gets them into trouble they defend it, or try to hide it.

Every time they come out with something that has super good potential, they kill it themselves.

They stopped selling bullets as components, except for a very few.

And many of the very best ones that they made in the 60s and 70s have been cheapened by thinning the jackets and making them less likely to hold together on impact.

It's sad, but I am not even slightly surprised. In fact I am a little surprised it took this long.

A sad day for shooters, but this is not the time they died. They committed suicide over the last few decades, and just bled out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by szihn

I have said many times it's almost as if the leadership or owners are TRYING to destroy the company.

Remington is run by investment owners & bankers & they are not the gun knowledgeable people who ran & built the company in the past.

They are simply ignorant of the business & industry & are simply, purely & only interested in making money short term & them flipping (reselling) the company for a tidy sum.

In the meantime, they will milk as much cash out of the business as is possible without outright killing it.

They was business is done today.....................I know, 1st hand.

MM

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Nateknight
Originally Posted by dh84

The sticky recoil pads are limbsaver brand. Call limbsaver and they will send a new pad right out.

If cleaning solvent gets on them they start getting sticky,

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
No.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.