Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Complete myth? Happened only a few times? Occassional transient males? A few breeding populations?

Your thoughts/experiences?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The DNR here in Mn. steadfastly holds to the notion that there's no mountain lions living in the state. They claim the sightings are all just of cats "passing through". ML's have been seen so many times, there's no way their all transient. From far northwest Mn. to right here in the Twin Cities, the cats have been seen, and not just once or twice. They shot a ML in the Nine Mile Creek watershed in Bloomington, a suburb of the Twin Cities several years ago. They also have video footage of a ML feeding on a recently killed deer carcass in the Minnesot River Valley National Wildlife Refuge, which is just south of the Minnesota River near Savage. Yeah, there' no population here-they're all just passing through........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Been having them "just passing through" Michigan for several years. Our DNR refused to acknowledge any presence until they started turning up on game cameras and were being spotted by forest service personal.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both my ex and my son have had them cross the road in front of them near Winchester, VA. Despite what the DNR claims, NOTHING looks like a cougar.

My cousin has seen one twice, or maybe two different ones, while deer hunting in Charles County, MD, just South of La Plata. One stalked around under his deer stand growling. This wasn't a glimpse, it was there long enough to freak him out a bit.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
They are around,in the central N.H. area,the story is they are western cats that were released ,or somehow got here. They also the Eastern couger extinct,who knows.Back in the 70,s had one jump across the road in front of me.Dark brown probably 60 lbs or so with a tail just as long as its body. The guys in the snowmobile club see very large cat prints the size of a large hand occasionally.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Been having them "just passing through" Michigan for several years. Our DNR refused to acknowledge any presence until they started turning up on game cameras and were being spotted by forest service personal.

Not the only thing the MDNR has/is lying about.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a lot of them in ID.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ingwe in drag?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you can have some of ours

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My mother swears she's seen one back in Maine. I know she knows what bobcats, house cats, coyotes, and deer look like. I have no reason not to believe her.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Nearest neighbor near the deer camp is paralyzed with fear he may encounter one someday. I'd sleep with Friskies rubbed on my neck outdoors up there rather than get a flat tire in some of Michigan's urban areas.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The eskimo mongols we have in Alaska traveled hundreds of miles to get here, so it is possible cougars do the same thing.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I know some loggers in Northwest N.C. that claim to have seen them on a few occasions.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We see them here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny thing every state in the northeast says the same thing, "if one is there, it is just passing through."
Ok so they have a big range, but come on.

If the whole northeast is the same in this respect,
just where the pfhucck does this guy call home?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Complete myth? Happened only a few times? Occassional transient males? A few breeding populations?

Your thoughts/experiences?

lmao their as common as dog chit here but you seldom see them.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have seen them in Vermont, Fish and Game says they don't exist.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
officialy, the cougar is extinct in the east. These must be western cougars that got lost, and can't read a map.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My step son and I saw one saunter across the road here in Pennsylvania a couple of years ago. Looked like a young male in that he was long and lanky. Odd thing is we bobcat hunt covering hundreds of miles a day looking for tracks and have never seen a cougar track. Adds credence to the belief that the one we saw was passing through.

Local game warden says he has had numerous reports of sightings around the area we saw the one we saw. He told a story about a cougar crossing the midwest and getting hit by a car in Connecticut, two years before an article came out in NRA's hunter magazine saying exactly the same. So I am sure he had his facts straight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
Nearest neighbor near the deer camp is paralyzed with fear he may encounter one someday. I'd sleep with Friskies rubbed on my neck outdoors up there rather than get a flat tire in some of Michigan's urban areas.

i'd worry more more about a boar hog than a cat.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,494,008
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.