Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Teacher likely committed battery. Unfortunate.

If you're going to do the time, you might as well do the crime.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Teacher is screwed, and rightfully so.

1) School has no rule saying they have to stand, according to the article, so unless something is left out of the article, the kid was doing nothing wrong by school rules.
2) A teacher simply can't grab a kid, pull them out of the desk, that won't go "smooth" given the shape of the desks (assuming it was an attached chair),
3) Then forcing/physically taking the kid out of the room

All because he chose not to stand, which the school says is fine?

So unless the kid was being a pain in the butt, acting out etc. that teacher is screwed.

When is a pledge not a pledge? When it is done under duress. So, what's the point in forcing it?

There are a lot of people who consider it immoral to pledge fealty to anything/anyone but God. That teacher going to rough them up too? I doubt it - but you can't have one set of standards for the people you admire and another set for those you don't. I suspect that those who think that the kid was pushing buttons may be right, but there are ways to deal with this that don't include physical force and opening yourself up to charges. A teacher who isn't capable of handling this in the proper way doesn't belong there.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by CCCC
Maybe it goes like this - if I am not allowed to lay my hands on your kid while he is in my class, I cannot (and will not) accept responsibility for his care and well-being while he is there. No authority = no responsibility.

Sounds fair. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You'll want to be sure it's justified though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
Originally Posted by CCCC
Maybe it goes like this - if I am not allowed to lay my hands on your kid while he is in my class, I cannot (and will not) accept responsibility for his care and well-being while he is there. No authority = no responsibility.

Sounds fair. GD

No - sounds like bullshit. Because the kid is essentially an inmate in an institution that controls (or attempts to) his time. Your argument pretty much frees up the school to declare a "gun free zone" and have no responsibility to provide any security. Also grants them the authority to deny meals.

I grew up in those times when teachers were allowed to get physical with students, and frankly, some of them - many of them - got out of hand with it. Abused authority gets answered with restrictions on authority, and we complain about that? Isn't that what we'd like to do with government?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They need to give that teacher a medal and a raise!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
They need to give that teacher a medal and a raise!

You have got to be kidding me!

Physical enforcement of Nationalism is something that should be saved for Norks or Chicoms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Teacher was in the wrong, but an apology to the kid should have settled the matter without Law Enforcement getting involved.

Two wrongs still don’t make a right.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When I was in school the teachers could smack you around all they wanted and not get in trouble but it’s different now. I don’t think the teacher should have done what she did but I do appreciate her grit and loyalty. The kid should be sent out into the hall before they say the pledge and participation points should be deducted from his overall grade for every day he continues his disrespect. There’s a lot of folks that deserve the application of violence but they’re usually too stupid to learn and instead are rewarded for their disgusting behavior.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I seriously doubt this was over just standing for the pledge. In my experience, things like this are the result of a buildup of insolent behavior. This being triggered by further insolence during the pledge is just unfortunate timing. The teacher should have swatted this kid's azz either before the pledge or after the next incident to avoid the red herring issue.

In days past, teachers could swat kids under the legal doctrine of "in loco parentis". That doctrine goes all the way back to English common law, if not further. It needs to be reaffirmed in our society. The repudiation of that doctrine is part of the Marxist rot that is degrading our society.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
This makes me sad. and then angry.

Yup, wishing she had a go fund page, I'd hit it, she's gonna need it.

She shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place, gotta be tough earning a living trying to educate demonseeds from commie Flag, Country and Patriotism haters. mad

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yeah, this lady will most likely lose her job and we all had to hear about it blasted through all forms of media, but these two teechur stories are strangely silent. I wonder why.

More folks living out West completely oblivious the the rampaging murder monkey plague overtaking the nation. Defend your pets libtards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Jd1Kq3hhg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ton-criminal-charges-20180214-story.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No discipline leads to shootings like yesterday, and a lot of the problems we see with today's youth

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
This makes me sad. and then angry.

me too. I don't know how to handle this. We are fast losing our Country

note that the Teacher Union is strangely silent about this attack on one of their own.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/15/18.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is really flushing out the communists that have been hiding in the bushes and watching.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 700LH
No discipline leads to shootings like yesterday, and a lot of the problems we see with today's youth

That's right, I got my ass busted at the house for fuggin up, and coach would grab the collar on your shoulder pads and jerk a dog knot in your ass for being stupid or disrespectful!

A child has to learn early on there are serious consequences for making bad choices, if not, many will learn it at the end of a homeowners 870 12 ga or in a prison cell, too damn late for "you're so special comfort talk" after that.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
F
Kids today need adjusted, teachers should be able to do what is needed to help children become respectable adults. Sometimes other kids can help problem kids, but today this is called bullying. At one time misfits were called out for what they were, teased, bullied, and made to recognize that their actions were not acceptable. Back when I was a kid this is the way problem children were handled, and taught respect. Now a days these misfits are emboldened by all their protection, this has resulted in school shootings. And when you go to the inner city schools, the behavior is like animals. I feel sorry for teachers today. But many teachers are the ones teaching liberal thinking. By third grade I believe that children should be separated, by the ones that want to learn and make something of themselves, and the trouble makers and thugs that only want to make it hard for the good students. Send the thugs home and don't waste the tax money on future criminals. With all the DNA technology, they should take criminals 18 and older and deport them to their country, that their DNA links them to. If they can not respect America and our constitution send them to their home country. If they don't like gun rights they can go live in another country.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
not reading the whole thread but does she have a go fund me page yet? please post

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very telling how many fire members don't wanna give up their gun rights, but would turn around and beat the schit out of this kid.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,703
Posts18,494,295
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.