Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
~Each school has to be hardened according to it's own situations and structure.

~One renta cop with a model 10 S&W ain't gonna cut it anymore.

~Make getting into a school likened to getting into a courthouse.

~In lots of cases, the school itself is where the shooters come from. Quit molly coddling them. This needs to be a conjoined effort between schools, the community, parents and the students.

How many lessons in this are needed?

Anyone can add to this...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
local schools in the ATL are proposing roll down bars or walls to cutoff sections of the school to isolate the shooter.

teachers should be allowed to carry, but we've run into a brick wall on that one.

metal detectors and resource officers or teachers at all entrances..

there's a lot that can be done, but what will be done?

oh, our school resource officers all carry 9mm glocks.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Solution is keep the problem students and adults the hell out. We have a whole faction of F-ups that didn't exist in the 60's stumbling around now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just curious,

how are schools set up around the country?

We are rural. So the local school district has 4 schools, each with multiple buildings. All in different locations. One on the opposite side of our small town. Not one big compound.

I think it would be easier to limit access to one big compound rather than 4 smaller schools.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Do you think you could get a rifle into the halls of congress? They know how to secure a building. The current government mandated fish in a barrel situation of public schools proves they don't give a chit about security. They want YOUR guns!

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/15/18.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
Solution is keep the problem students and adults the hell out. We have a whole faction of F-ups that didn't exist in the 60's stumbling around now.

That didn't work too well yesterday.

The killer was expelled.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
local schools in the ATL are proposing roll down bars or walls to cutoff sections of the school to isolate the shooter.

teachers should be allowed to carry, but we've run into a brick wall on that one.

It appears they have not learned anything about Gun Free Zones...

Next lesson is forthcoming. Sadly.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nutjobs should be allowed to be bullied, until they are put into a nut house or reform school.

Kid's know

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Nutjobs should be allowed to be bullied, until they are put into a nut house or reform school.

Kid's know

Yeah, kids know when someone's different. I don't think poking those type with a stick is a good idea though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Charter schools are the answer. The people have to take the schooling of their children out of the hands of the government and manage the schools themselves.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Charter schools are the answer. The people have to take the schooling of their children out of the hands of the government and manage the schools themselves.

That'd help.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The killer made threats about shooting a school and was turned into the FBI. My question is who at the FBI is getting fired for not investigating this kid? And just what the hell kind of threat does someone need to make before they are investigated and watched? Just curious.

Other than that, any teacher who wishes to be armed and trained to defend students and themselves should be getting a pay raise. They can pay someone $5,000 a year to coach girl's softball, they can pay a teacher who wishes to double as a security guard something as well.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Kid's know

Yeah, kids know when someone's different. I don't think poking those type with a stick is a good idea though.

How is NOT poking them with a stick (zero tolerance on bullying) working?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I agree. A school full of kids whose folks take an active role in their education will see far less issues IMO. Unfortunately, society seems to be headed the other way.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We already know the answer to the problem. Israel is the case study.

Terrorists were fond of shooting up Israeli schools. So the Israelis' answer was that all staff were allowed to get a government issued 9mm. Drive a school bus? Sign here for your sidearm. Watching over the children at recess? Sign here for your sidearm. It pretty well put a stop to the problem.

I like our arrangement here in Utah: Anyone with a concealed carry permit can concealed carry in school. So if you intend to shoot up a school, you don't know if the janitor, the art teacher, or the assistant principal might pop a cap on you. It doesn't cost the taxpayers anything, and nobody knows who might be carrying.

If that's not enough, I would bet good money that you could get enough community volunteers to contribute a few hours a week walking around the grounds with a large, conspicuous firearm.

But too many people are horrified by the prospect of such solutions. They'd rather believe that a "gun free zone" sign or law will protect them.

Last edited by denton; 02/15/18.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Kid's know

You really think that allowing bullying by kids is going to solve anything?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Kid's know

You really think that allowing bullying by kids is going to solve anything?

Once again, how's it working the other way? Figure out the freaks and send them to a nuthouse or a reform school.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
But too many people are horrified by the prospect of such solutions. They'd rather believe that a "gun free zone" sign or law will protect them.
It's well past time to tell those fools to shut up and sit down.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Once again, how's it working the other way? Figure out the freaks and send them to a nuthouse or a reform school.

Well, it didn't work out too well at Columbine, did it?

It's not up to the kids to "Bully other kids out of their schools".

It's up to the fuggin school to identify and isolate those kids.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,702
Posts18,494,272
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.