-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank goodness someone finally spoke about the decimated deer herds. Haven't been able to find any in the last 4 years....

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by prm
I still can’t get it to work...

Edit: was finally able to get set up. Though somehow they have my SSN as my DL number. Have to call to change.

I had a similar conundrum. My drivers license number is in place of my social. It still works. I can log on as long as I change the social. My points are there along with my draw history. Maybe I should call and touch base with them. Planning to burn a bunch of deer points this year. Don't need any snags. My daughter's is just fine,and I did them at the same time. Go figure. I likely pissed it up.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I set up my account yesterday. After 3 phone calls, 1 to the 800 # and 2 to the 303 number I found out that I'm a non-resident. Changed my drivers license to CO in March of 1997 and bought the land I live on about 15 years ago. I e-mailed copies of 2 car registrations and my DL to them yesterday and the lady said it was all fixed. Tried signing in today and guess what--- I'm still a non-resident. Will have to e-mail again on Tuesday since they're closed on Monday, to argue some more. I guess what I'm saying is don't wait until the last day to make sure everything works for you because everything wasn't "seamless" in this move over to a paperless system.

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got on yesterday and it might have taken all of 2 minutes to update my account. Waiting on my elk hunting crew to confirm our hunt plans for 2018, but it doesn't seem that it will be any bigger deal to apply this year as opposed to the last few years...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I got everything set up yesterday and I did apply online before so new infor has my CC #. I think it may be easier. I'll need to get small game and fishing license 1st of April.

USMC
Life Member VFW
IC B2

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by roper
I got everything set up yesterday and I did apply online before so new infor has my CC #. I think it may be easier. I'll need to get small game and fishing license 1st of April.

roper:

I've got the same plan. I'll use the annual process of applying for my small game license as a dry run for applying for the draw.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have applied for deer and elk tags online for CO the past 13 consecutive seasons and bought OTC tags online except once when I bought a leftover cow tag at the now defunct Cashway Distributing store in Craig. The system has worked for me without a hiccup all those years. I lost a refund check one year so I am glad CPW has gone to pay-after-draw and saved tons of money by not having to enrich credit card companies then refunding that fee back to consumers out of CPW funds.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I agree WAM. If it had been this way all along I would have been in the moose point system years ago. Couldn't see doubling my money tied up for six months. Between myself and my daughter,it's been a pretty penny.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Haven't looked at the new system yet. I'll apply early for myself and two kids still at home to avoid any last minute poop-fests.

I've only lived here 8 years, but in that time I've seen more elk in CO than my previous 27 years in Idaho.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by T Bone
Haven't looked at the new system yet. I'll apply early for myself and two kids still at home to avoid any last minute poop-fests.

I've only lived here 8 years, but in that time I've seen more elk in CO than my previous 27 years in Idaho.

T bone, that's a super interesting perspective. We all complain about the hunters and lack of elk in CO, but maybe it really isn't that bad. Ironically, I was looking at an over the counter bow hunt on the far east side of Idaho. Have a friend up there who says the area has some 400+ bulls. Not a lot of them, but that they do exist. What part of the state did you hunt?

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by starsky
Thank goodness someone finally spoke about the decimated deer herds. Haven't been able to find any in the last 4 years....

Beau coup deer along Hwy 550 south of Durango, Animas River valley. And along Hwy 160 west of Durango. Elsewheres not so much. Did see a number of them in the area of Ridgeway, too. No one can deny that the state wide numbers are way down by a bunch.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dang it, 'toot... Now EVERYBODY is gonna put in for Hwy 550....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Originally Posted by T Bone

T bone, that's a super interesting perspective. We all complain about the hunters and lack of elk in CO, but maybe it really isn't that bad. Ironically, I was looking at an over the counter bow hunt on the far east side of Idaho. Have a friend up there who says the area has some 400+ bulls. Not a lot of them, but that they do exist. What part of the state did you hunt?

I'm very familiar with Eastern Idaho. Shoot me a PM with questions.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hey! I thought the 800 number was manned 24/7. All I got were a bunch of recordings. Whazup?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hunting conditions are certainly local the area adjacent to us had more deer than I have seen in several years. While scouting day before season saw 2 big bucks on public land from an easy access main road- can’t remember the last time I saw bucks of that size in the open. I’ll plan to apply with my grandson at the same time. He got an email address this year hopefully it can still go on my credit card.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.