Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Does anyone have any info. experience, of history(dates of manufacture) on this rifle. Thanks, Walt

Work is a necessary evil!
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've got a Model 26, which is in 25-20. SBHV who posts here is the Huskvarna expert, and he told me about my rifle.

They were four of these similar rifles, yours was made in 1925, mine in 1926 (if we're talking about the same rifle.) The other two calibers were 30-30 and 45-70.

Mine says "25-20 Winchester", not a metric designation. The smaller calibers were made as "bird guns" to shoot a certain bird over there about the size of a small turkey, as I recall.

Mine has an octagonal barrel and a pistol grip stock, which is checkered. Overall, the rifle is in great shape with a shiny bore.

I'll try to post a picture, but haven't had much luck with it lately:

[Linked Image]

These rifles were made without an ejector. Weird, but there it is.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the reply. I will try to contact the forum member you mentioned. The rifle cleaned up nicely and the bore looks good. I had to make an extracror for it. It was missing it, so I was able to get it for half the price of the complete rifles. Thanks, Walt

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Walt, what a coinkydink. I'm making an extractor for one this morning. Do you have any helpful hints or work saving tips? Did you happen to make two?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The extractor on mine looks like it was hand-made. It also has a slight spring to it, so I think you'll have to temper it.

It looks like a job of filing a peice of steel. Or grinding, then filing. I thought about making one for mine and increasing the spring pressure so when you pull the bolt back, it pushes the extractor so that it releases the round.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

IC B2

G
OP Offline
G
It took me three tries before I got it to work. First remember it is only an extractor(does not eject). I was able to measure an extractor from a complete rifle and do a rough outline of it at the place of purchase. Basically I used a piece of steel from a Hex/Allen wrench and files and hacksaw. Got the piece to rough shape and tried it in the reciever to see if it matched up with the extractor cutout and barrel profile. I then checked approx. length and worked on getting the dovetail to engage in the bolt. From here it was all fitting. It feels a little tight on closing but I think it will wear in a little. Don't want to make any changes now. If I can scan the shetch and other info. I will try to forward it. Good luck, Walt

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks, a sketch would be nice. Just starting mine outta 1/4" keystock. Hex wrenches might have been a better idea. Might have been less filing to get to the starting width and thickness. I'll put up pic when mine's done. I plan to temper it. Still optomistic about only one try.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The extractors go missing on these guns all the time as they fall out of the bolt very easily and Swedish gun laws require the bolts be kept seperate from the gun for both transit and storage. A machinist with a CNC could make some money making replacements.

Steve

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks, Steve. That explains why so many of them are missing or have (to my eyes) home-made extractors.

Good rifles, though.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would love to have one of these rifles in 30-30.

Did you get yours at Sarco?

My brother works and sometimes lives up that way, maybe he can pick one up for me...hummmm

I would love to see what the extractor looks like to if you get a chance...

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
After I got the 25-20, I tried to get one in 30-30 but they didn't have any in any caliber. Yeah, I think it came from SARCO.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

G
OP Offline
G
Got mine at Sarco. They had .22's, 32-20, and one 45-70 with a box mag./without follower(big bucks). I will try to scan my info. and possibly the part if I can get access to a scanner, mine broke.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
They had some Huskvarna 30-06 magazine rifles, which my FFL dealer bought for some clients. They were only in average shape, and the bores weren't as clean as I like, or I would have bought one myself. The price was right.

I think they sold out of the 25-27 series a few months ago. My dealer called, and it was all over. There were some spares around with no extractors, but that was it. I'm not even sure if these had stocks.

How long ago did you buy yours?

With a 1911 and a 30-06

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bought mine, a 30-30 without extractor, in January and most of February. They didn't seem to give a ratzas if they ever shipped it. It's very good and the extractor I made works well even though it don't fit real good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Guys. I'm hauling in another Milling machine, and a chitload of auxilliary tooling, tomorrow..............traded a BPCR for smae, to a friend who's moving( rifles a LOT easier to haul)

Would be flat tickled to machine up some extractors.

Yes, my overconfidence has landed me in the deep chit, before....will apparently continue to do so.

Sounds like a noble effort though, and I'd like to see some drawins', or an original part, to work from.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Simpson Ltd in Galesburg Ill. has more of these rifles. Their prices are on the high side, but I believe they will negotiate so don't be afraid to shoot them an offer. These are really neat guns.

Crossfireoops; if you are serious about this I will be glad to help in anyway I can.

Steve

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Crossfire, I'd be interested in an extra extractor as well. I feel mine may be a home-made replacement, but I can draw the dimensions if you want it. But a genuine original would be better.

sbhva, Simpson IS a bit on the pricey side. Twice (and more)that what I paid for mine. And I didn't see any in 25-20. I don't want one in 32-20, but would like one in 30-30.

I'm a little suspicious of the dark-wood stocks, which may be unjustified. They look sanded and stained to me.

I wish I'd bougth some more from Sarco when they had them.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Greg, make one for me soon as you can. I ain't sending mine for a pattern cause I'm in the market for a better one than the one I cobbled up. I want one for a 30-30 but if the hook's too deep, I can cut it back. Also thinking I may tap a hole for a small stop screw in the groove to capture the thing. If Husqvarna had done that we wouldn't be in this fine mess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is another dealer that has some: http://allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=65

Steve

D
D
I just got one of these also, in 32-20. No extractor. Any follow up to some of the info already posted? I would like to see a drawing or picture of the extractor. Anybody have one that they could post?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 52 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,968
Posts18,519,591
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.