Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,696 of 1,842 1 2 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
If those were my old stomping grounds I'd consider it. smile

Do you have a property up there or are you looking for one? Cabin/House on it already?

bought a cabin in sept of 16 on one acre
looking at some acreage this year.
one of my uncles has a 40 he may want to sell this spring
some of the locals has some also.
out spearing today on the last day of the season.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh wow, I thought spearing had closed already.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we've got over 40" of ice on lake of the woods so spearing kind of closes itself, lol.

you gotta really want it, to cut a spear hole with 44" of ice.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keeping busy in the shop, Dave, or do you guys gear down a bit in the winter?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
8" further Nort !!

More coming this week.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya, bring your extension, or you aint fishing !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Great thread guys...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Keeping busy in the shop, Dave, or do you guys gear down a bit in the winter?

Very busy. 35 plymouth street rod, 64 lincoln convert, 66 fairlane GTA in the shop, 69 ranchero in storage, half way finished, waiting for funds.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
66 fairlane GTA in the shop

shocked

Please tell me this has evil, evil plans? 66/67 is my favorite car period. Make mine a 5 speed but still...

Last edited by tzone; 02/27/18.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, the search is on. We're getting a very good tax return in a couple weeks here. Hoping to buy some property somewhere up in the Pine City area, possibly up as far as Finlayson. We're on the 10 year plan heading towards retirement. Would like to buy the property this spring, and maybe get a trailer on it. We will eventually sell our house and build on the land. Man, it will be so nice to be able to shoot the rifles right off the back porch. To have my own land for me and my son to hunt will be a dream come true. 'Can't wait to see where we end up!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

shocked

Please tell me this has evil, evil plans? 66/67 is my favorite car period. Make mine a 5 speed but still...

that thing is evil already.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

shocked

that thing is evil already.

I know! They were bad ass from the start.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, the search is on. We're getting a very good tax return in a couple weeks here. Hoping to buy some property somewhere up in the Pine City area, possibly up as far as Finlayson. We're on the 10 year plan heading towards retirement. Would like to buy the property this spring, and maybe get a trailer on it. We will eventually sell our house and build on the land. Man, it will be so nice to be able to shoot the rifles right off the back porch. To have my own land for me and my son to hunt will be a dream come true. 'Can't wait to see where we end up!

Awesome! Congrats! That's where my buddy has his shack. We go up there a lot and shoot. If it were me, I'd look more toward Finlayson/Askov, maybe even east on 23 further. Pine City has some "interesting" folks to say the least.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding deer in that area.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Northern Dave, I know I’m probably late to the party posting this but, I really enjoyed reading your 1st post here and I wish you the best of luck sir.

Edwin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Northern Dave, I know I’m probably late to the party posting this but, I really enjoyed reading your 1st post here and I wish you the best of luck sir.

Edwin

Thanks Edwin. I'm afraid the full effect of the old thread is kind of lost without having one of the new aps or downloads that let a person view the hundreds of photobucket photos. That and I've not posted regularly or in the same way I used to in quite some time.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Awesome! Congrats! That's where my buddy has his shack. We go up there a lot and shoot. If it were me, I'd look more toward Finlayson/Askov, maybe even east on 23 further. Pine City has some "interesting" folks to say the least.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding deer in that area.

Thanks Tom. I'll be looking up there. Unless we really find some screaming deal, we'll probably wait till the snow's gone to go do major exploring.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I contacted a realtor in regards to a property he had listed. I asked him if it was buildable. I got a reply from him that raised some eyebrows. Maybe I'm being overly skeptical, but I just don't know.

First he asked me if I was represented by a realtor. I've inquired on probably 20 properties in the last year, and this is the first time a realtor's ever asked me about this. On a first inquiry, does he really need to know this?

Next he told me he can't tell me if the property can be built on. I have to contact the county and ask them that? Sounds fishy to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Seems like the realtor that's trying to sell the property should know that.

Then he proceeds to tell me I'd better move fast on the property, as many people are looking at it. Just sounds like a hard sell, and shifty answers. Am I wrong to be suspicious here guys? I sure don't claim to be an expert on real estate, but this is the first time I've run into these kinds of responses.

Last edited by gophergunner; 03/02/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
go look at it.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dave, I don't "see' you much on the freak show, how are things with you, and family?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks for asking, we're all really good. Taylor is getting married this year, her fiance actually works for me in the hot rod/restoration shop. We get along really well, I like him. Nathan and his girlfriend are doing excellent, both have outstanding jobs, Joey is growing very fast, nice young man. He's 14 now, I gave him a 1977 F150 4x4 for his birthday, which needs restoring. Pam is good, she's got a lot of responsibility with her work, we are all very proud of her.

Work is very steady for my shop, we look to possibly expand soon and hire at least one more person, possibly this year.

I don't have much time for the typical banter of the main forums here. I check in here, fishing, trucks, sometimes cooking and photography. But I don't post much.

Something clever here.

Page 1,696 of 1,842 1 2 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 8 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.