Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I use the Wheeler level and it is easy to use along with a black or red cord supended from the ceiling with a small weight on the low end of the string.

Tom
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone know when he might have more of the Acetal Reticle-Tru's available? I've tried contacting him a couple of times asking, but haven't gotten a response.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use one of these https://www.midwayusa.com/product/479454/straight-shot-segway-reticle-leveler-mark-iii I use to also place a level on the top of a scope but found the cross hairs can be up to 3 degrees off and still are in spec.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Like I said in an earlier post I've been using one for years. Mine didn't even come with a bubble level on it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In the past just used a cheap bubble level. Leveled rifle and secured in rest then leveled scope by putting bubble on the capped turret. Also have leveled rifle and the leveled scope so vertical cross hair lines up with a string/plumb bob. Both have seemed to work fine. Last scope I used this do-hickey from wheeler. Gotta say it worked pretty slick. Some of you guys are posting some nice equipment but not I just don't mount enough scopes to justify...at this point.

[Linked Image]

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The last one I leveled I also used the Segway, then used it's bubble with a plumb line to verify. Next time I'm trying the Parabola, as suggested.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I sure do appreciate the kind, thoughtful words by so many 'Fire members concerning the Reticle tool.

At this point, I have not resumed production of the Acetal model, but hope to do so in months to come.

If you have sent me an email and it happened that I did not reply--at times, for reasons I don't understand--they go to the junk box, and are missed on some occasions...hope that this is helpful.

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Like others, I level the rifle, lock it down, and then level the scope using the turret or cap with a magnetic angle finder from empire. I have been told how wrong this is by a couple guys far more experienced then me but I haven’t found fault.

I do know that most hold some can’t too.

I am not a ELR shooter but regularly shoot 600-800 yards. I have taken my rifles setup as such out to 1200yards and never had a problem but I ran a scope bubble.

My dedicated long range rifle has a pic rail and the scope was mounted to the leveled rail with a rail leveler tool somebody had at a shoot. Never noticed a difference. It is fancy though.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I bought a Reticle-Tru and use it regularly. Very simple and does the job.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
This is the cat's meow IMO. Makes sure the reticle is trued to the receiver.

https://parabola-llc.com/

This is what I use.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm more interested in getting the scope center line directly over the bore center line from end to end. Once I can establish that, or have to send it to my gunsmith to get the receiver holes re-drilled and tapped and the misalignment fixed, then I can get the reticle vertical stadia lined up with a plumb line.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I usually use a digital angle cube. Level the rifle in the rest via the angle cube on the rail or a scope base and lock rifle down. Confirm the rifle is still level via the angle cube and hit the set button on the cube. Loosely mount the scope in the rings and tweak until the angle cube on top of the turret says zero and lock the scope down. Confirm it via plumb line across my garage.

In fact the rifle doesn’t even truly need to be level to use the angle cube. As long as the rifle is locked down and can’t move you can set the cube to consider any can’t to be zero. Tweak the scope until the cube readout says 0.0 and the scope turret will be level to the rail.

The Angle Cube ran me about $20 and the beauty of it to me is once set against anything it will tell you digitally how far out of level another object is in relation to the set. It even has magnets so it makes setting miter on the table saw a snap so beveled cuts line up perfectly. I use the shït out of that thing.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I mounted a scope on my AR last night, I just used a straight edge rule tilted up nearly vertical from the picatinny rail it made it so the bottom of the scope is parallel with the pic rail. Hopefully the rail is not machined off kilter.

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I started using the Segway over the past year or so. It works very well with a rail to level on...but the scope used can make a big difference with this tool, especially based on the "eye box" of the scope. Even with it I'll put a small level on the elevation cap to level it with the bubble on the Segway and compare it to the Muntins in a window pane. Even using those 3 references it only take a couple of minutes and seems to work well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.