Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
When I go to the range to target shoot I have to admit I am a bit uncomfortable with the prevalence of this type of weapons I am seeing the younger crowd is attracted to today.

What is it about this firearm that makes you uncomfortable? Detachable magazines are scary to you? The 'unbelievably powerful' 5.56 cartridge gives you the 'heebie jeebies'? Clearly you are just as confused as nearly every Leftist/Democrat/RINO in the country about the difference between a Tool Used For Evil and an Evil User of Tools. I happen to have civilian examples of both the current US military rifle and the former Soviet Union's military rifle. I think they are both ugly, but neither one of them has jumped into the car and gone off to shoot someone. Maybe mine are more bashful and well behaved than the ones you're uncomfortable with.

Certainly, I would agree with you about the younger crowd making me uncomfortable. But for me it's their 'detached' attitudes towards others and the 'unbelievable' power of Social Media that turns their brains to mush.

And, God Forbid one of them decides to pull a fire alarm and use a dump truck to run over hundreds of children. I guess you probably wouldn't work on dump trucks either if you were a mechanic?

GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To tell the truth I do support this. Personally do not care to see AR weapons in these stores. Then if I started my own gun smithing and or firearms sales operation I am not sure I would be offering to sell or service The AR type firearms to share my frank outlook. When I go to the range to target shoot I have to admit I am a bit uncomfortable with the prevalence of this type of weapons I am seeing the younger crowd is attracted to today.

I do not have to like it and do not have to support it. Same would be true for Dicks and Walmart the way I see this.

Not like this alone will change things much as others are liking this firearm platform and servicing them better than the box stores ever will. JMHO

LOL!

Atta Boy!

Hang in there, Snowflake.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you are using Firefox, right click on the link and choose "open in a Private Window". Then vote "Mental Health". Do this several times.

ETA: Apparently the poll question changed.

Last edited by Tyrone; 03/02/18.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChasR
When I go to the range to target shoot I have to admit I am a bit uncomfortable with the prevalence of this type of weapons I am seeing the younger crowd is attracted to today.

What is it about this firearm that makes you uncomfortable? Detachable magazines are scary to you? The 'unbelievably powerful' 5.56 cartridge gives you the 'heebie jeebies'? Clearly you are just as confused as nearly every Leftist/Democrat/RINO in the country about the difference between a Tool Used For Evil and an Evil User of Tools. I happen to have civilian examples of both the current US military rifle and the former Soviet Union's military rifle. I think they are both ugly, but neither one of them has jumped into the car and gone off to shoot someone. Maybe mine are more bashful and well behaved than the ones you're uncomfortable with.

Certainly, I would agree with you about the younger crowd making me uncomfortable. But for me it's their 'detached' attitudes towards others and the 'unbelievable' power of Social Media that turns their brains to mush.

And, God Forbid one of them decides to pull a fire alarm and use a dump truck to run over hundreds of children. I guess you probably wouldn't work on dump trucks either if you were a mechanic?

These kids and AR's are a whole different ball of wax. ChasR has a good point. Might reel your sermon in a little a pay attention to what's going on around you. I've seen quite a bit of it at my range. The portion of new members I interview that say "they never want to go back to Potts (public open range) is astounding. And their reasons revolve around college kids, attitude, and recklessness they've seen.

It's a problem. Wake up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If someone hollered "Hey, Elmer!" in here, half of you fuggers would break your necks turning to see who was calling you... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I support a business selling what they want to who they want, within the law. The customer can go somewhere else.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I support a business selling what they want to who they want, within the law. The customer can go somewhere else.

I support businesses that support me and my beliefs, whenever humanly possible.

It isn't always possible, but is in most cases.

The freedom to choose who you do business with is often underrated.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally do not care to see AR weapons in these stores. ... When I go to the range to target shoot I have to admit I am a bit uncomfortable with the prevalence of this type of weapons I am seeing the younger crowd is attracted to today.

Not to bust your chops, but I have to wonder what Great Grandpa thought of all the kids buying Winchester model 54s and 70s and milsurp Springfields after WWI.
The way I see it, this is a technology thing. The great wood and polished steel of those former "assault-style" weapons has given way to more durable synthetics and high-tech metal treatments. More advanced fabrication methods have yielded guns with less complex machining in materials that are easier to finish. and of course there have been advancements in doing what guns are meant to do - put lead on target.

The only real difference between the post-WWI advancements and today's advancements is that material and fabrication hadn't really changed. But firepower did. So, maybe this 1/2 change didn't alarm Great Grandpa as much.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My vote for mental health moved the pole 2%, if that tells you anything.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Personally do not care to see AR weapons in these stores. ... When I go to the range to target shoot I have to admit I am a bit uncomfortable with the prevalence of this type of weapons I am seeing the younger crowd is attracted to today.

Not to bust your chops, but I have to wonder what Great Grandpa thought of all the kids buying Winchester model 54s and 70s and milsurp Springfields after WWI.
The way I see it, this is a technology thing. The great wood and polished steel of those former "assault-style" weapons has given way to more durable synthetics and high-tech metal treatments. More advanced fabrication methods have yielded guns with less complex machining in materials that are easier to finish. and of course there have been advancements in doing what guns are meant to do - put lead on target.

The only real difference between the post-WWI advancements and today's advancements is that material and fabrication hadn't really changed. But firepower did. So, maybe this 1/2 change didn't alarm Great Grandpa as much.

Maybe the gun's capability hasn't changed much, but damn if society hasn't. Kids are being programmed by handheld devices and it's a sick fact that everyone ignores. It's the problem of this generation's parents....but they are too busy being kids themselves.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bbassi
My vote for mental health moved the pole 2%, if that tells you anything.

What "pole" would that be?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Carrying any goods, whether guns, sleeping bags clothing or golf clubs is a policy decision made by a Company's executives. They have this right and we have the right to shop where we want - it works both ways.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
Carrying any goods, whether guns, sleeping bags clothing or golf clubs is a policy decision made by a Company's executives. They have this right and we have the right to shop where we want - it works both ways.

Except if you own a bakery, evidently.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Link says "which will curb gun violence"

Gun control
Mental Health
Both

biased poll

It's like asking for fish and being told you can have chicken or steak.

And since it’s by an MSM affiliate they are going to skew the results anyway. What a joke.

Swifty
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Bunch of Dicks!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by CraigD
Walmart as of today is supposedly raising the age to buy any firearm and any ammo to 21.

Could care less about Walmart or dicks since I do not purchase ammo or firearms from either one!

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
To tell the truth I do support this. Personally do not care to see AR weapons in these stores. Then if I started my own gun smithing and or firearms sales operation I am not sure I would be offering to sell or service The AR type firearms to share my frank outlook. When I go to the range to target shoot I have to admit I am a bit uncomfortable with the prevalence of this type of weapons I am seeing the younger crowd is attracted to today.

I do not have to like it and do not have to support it. Same would be true for Dicks and Walmart the way I see this.

Not like this alone will change things much as others are liking this firearm platform and servicing them better than the box stores ever will. JMHO

You would starve to death around here, many semi auto rifles but I don't see any ARs that you speak of. Do you actually know what an AR is?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by ChasR

^^^THIS & AMEN^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It doesn't matter what they decide to sell or what they don't decide to sell. The point that seems to be missed is age discrimination for the legal purchase of legal firearms.

You'd think an attorney would be all over it. Why not put up a sigh that says:

"We don't sell guns to foster kids"

Or

"We don't sell guns to blacks"

Or

"We don't sell guns to ________"

That's where the bullschit is. I don't believe they have the right to do it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 16bore
It doesn't matter what they decide to sell or what they don't decide to sell. The point that seems to be missed is age discrimination for the legal purchase of legal firearms.

You'd think an attorney would be all over it. Why not put up a sigh that says:

"We don't sell guns to foster kids"

Or

"We don't sell guns to blacks"

Or

"We don't sell guns to ________"

That's where the bullschit is. I don't believe they have the right to do it.

You are listing protected classes of people... kids are not a protected class. As proof notice they send their asses to war.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.