-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have about given up on Craigslist. Every single ad I place no matter if it's something for sale or an advertisement for excavator work generates so much pure BS it's "almost" not worth it. I get tired of replying to an inquiry then silence. It's beyond ridiculous.

LOL

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A cashiers check used to be good as gold.

What happened?

Edited to add...... he doesn’t have, and won’t get, my physical address so whatever happens will happen via the USPS.

Anything can be counterfeited these days. Thats why they hope to pray on older folks sometimes, things happen we just can't believe.

I just don't use ebay, craigslist or crap like that. I'd rather it sit here till someone I know buys it even if I get less for it. DOnt' have the hassle or worry that way.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here is how it works. They don't care about the motor. He will tell you the shipping is around $500 but he is sending you a check for $600 just to be sure everything is covered. Once the check comes, you are to deposit it and send back whatever amount is left after setting up the shipping. You send back the $100 or so and maybe even pack up the motor and send it off. Then weeks later, you bank tells you the check didn't clear so you are out the cash (which is what they wanted) and your motor is gone too.

NoCAL

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NoCAL
Here is how it works. They don't care about the motor. He will tell you the shipping is around $500 but he is sending you a check for $600 just to be sure everything is covered. Once the check comes, you are to deposit it and send back whatever amount is left after setting up the shipping. You send back the $100 or so and maybe even pack up the motor and send it off. Then weeks later, you bank tells you the check didn't clear so you are out the cash (which is what they wanted) and your motor is gone too.

NoCAL
Finally.... an answer to my question.😁😁

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got the same one. Datsun 280Z for sale. We'll send you a check and arrange a shipper to pick it up. Any leftover cash give it to the shipper. They sent the check and I blew them off, never heard from them again.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I have about given up on Craigslist. Every single ad I place no matter if it's something for sale or an advertisement for excavator work generates so much pure BS it's "almost" not worth it. I get tired of replying to an inquiry then silence. It's beyond ridiculous.

My wife's grandparents lived in a house along a busy road, it became a state highway. Anything we wanted to sell we just rolled out halfway across the front yard with a sign on it.

Usuallly within 3-4 hours someone would do a u-turn and come back and buy it.

people would buy anything, old half dead lawn mowers, wore out sets of tires

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord

My wife's grandparents lived in a house along a busy road, it became a state highway. Anything we wanted to sell we just rolled out halfway across the front yard with a sign on it.

Usuallly within 3-4 hours someone would do a u-turn and come back and buy it.

people would buy anything, old half dead lawn mowers, wore out sets of tires
We live on a US highway. I can put virtually anything out there with a sign and it will sell sooner or later. I've sold a couple cars that were almost duct taped together. No matter how bad, someone will want it. One time I had a Suburban with a decent body but with the seats, engine, and transmission shot. A guy bought it. He'd rebuilt a Suburban then rolled it. He needed a good body for his rebuilt components.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Living next to a road is great when it's time to sell something. But around here with the drugheads we have, if you don't bring it in at night somebody would steal the tires, break the windows and rummage thru it.

Recently I watched an older Lexus that had apparently broken down on the roadside a few miles away on a well-traveled two lane paved road, right around houses.
Night #1-broke into, trunk and hood popped
Night #2 windows broken out and dented up
Night #3 more damage, just for fun I guess
Night #4 somebody crashed into the side of it and pushed it into the ditch

In four days it was demolished. The kids got a worthless wore out broken down car here that sure would make good bait for these scumbags.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Living next to a road is great when it's time to sell something. But around here with the drugheads we have, if you don't bring it in at night somebody would steal the tires, break the windows and rummage thru it.

Recently I watched an older Lexus that had apparently broken down on the roadside a few miles away on a well-traveled two lane paved road, right around houses.
Night #1-broke into, trunk and hood popped
Night #2 windows broken out and dented up
Night #3 more damage, just for fun I guess
Night #4 somebody crashed into the side of it and pushed it into the ditch

In four days it was demolished. The kids got a worthless wore out broken down car here that sure would make good bait for these scumbags.

Youre living in Compton or Watts close to middleforkminor? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Many of our dopeheads moved to Oregon. Good riddance.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Sold a couple of boats last summer. I didn't really have any issues. I make it plain that its Face to Face, Cash only. Out of a couple of dozen calls only a handful weren't genuine. If you have something that's not of general interest Craigslist reaches a good sized audience.

About the only issue I really have is when buying. My only phone is a cell and the area code isn't local and I think that I miss a few opportunities because the non local area code gets me pegged as a scammer.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (12344mag, 1minute, 160user, 117LBS, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 3,143 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,966
Posts18,499,245
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.