Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’ve got the fever for another rifle in 6.5 creed, looking at the Bergara woodsman and the tikka t3x, what say ye

HR IC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Tikka T3x it will be lighter for one, I have never owned a Bergara but they are a little heavier by maybe a lb or more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tikka, Talleys, SWFA, forget about it.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Tikka by far if your talkin Bergara B14 but if your looking at one of the Bergara Premier series rifles id say Bergara.......Good luck....Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve owned tikkas and cannot argue with the weight and straight up ability to shoot tiny groups, sold them or traded them. They have the character of a ruger American. I now own a bergara woodsman, shoots tiny groups too, tad heavier but still very easy to carry and a lot more soul. I love it. It’s a personal preference and it functions just as well but a little heavier but I don’t t see me sending it down the road.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tikka hands down

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the comments guys, I have a ruger American predator that shoots very well, but wanting to try something different

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
The Bergara Woodsman in 30-06 weighs 7.4lbs Bare rifle!......No thanks......Hb

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bergara B14 woodsman

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Bergara is heavier but a much more aesthetically pleasing rifle that should shoot just as well. The Tikka to me is a great shooter that is matched by some cheaper rifles in accuracy, such as your Ruger.

Something different? Bergara all the way or a new Model 70 Featherweight in 6.5 Creedmoor.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Compared the two rifles side by side and felt the Tikka was the better rifle and wound up buying the T3x. The Tikka trigger broke cleaner and had zero creep that I could feel. The Bergara trigger pull was noticeably heavier and had quite a bit of creep. The bolt operation on the Tikka also felt smoother in my hands. On a positive note for the Bergara, it does appear to be well built.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nothing is as smooth as a tikka.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
The Bergara Premier series rifles are a different animal, they have extremely smooth actions but are much more spendy........Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Compared the two rifles side by side and felt the Tikka was the better rifle and wound up buying the T3x. The Tikka trigger broke cleaner and had zero creep that I could feel. The Bergara trigger pull was noticeably heavier and had quite a bit of creep. The bolt operation on the Tikka also felt smoother in my hands. On a positive note for the Bergara, it does appear to be well built.

I will respectfully disagree on the trigger. In my experience( others may be different) I actually had the opposite. The bergara trigger was the nicest factory trigger I have had broke extremely crisp with no creep at all. Haven’t measured it but also a little lighter than my two tikkas. That being said the tikka triggers were not disappointing at all.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
I’ve owned tikkas and cannot argue with the weight and straight up ability to shoot tiny groups, sold them or traded them. They have the character of a ruger American. I now own a bergara woodsman, shoots tiny groups too, tad heavier but still very easy to carry and a lot more soul. I love it. It’s a personal preference and it functions just as well but a little heavier but I don’t t see me sending it down the road.

MM

Can you define"soul" into definable terms?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ok so here's a happy story for ya, went to Cabelas to cash in my points on a Ruger American 6.5 creed, one on the rack had for end bearing on the barrei so the guy brought me one from the back,better stock,long story short ,I didn't check it ,he gave me a 6mm , took it back next dayhighly upset, manager fell all over himself apologizing, gave me a Bergera B14 and scope mounts as compensation, very happy with it . So far shoots 120s and 140 to same point of impact.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

MM

Can you define"soul" into definable terms?

That phrase "rifles have no soul" always perplexes me. It's a freaking tool, not my identity.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
The Bergara Premier series rifles are a different animal, they have extremely smooth actions but are much more spendy........Hb

Loving mine thus far will bloody it this week in Texas. Action and trigger are superb

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Any comments on the CZ 557 ? I see the 308 listed at 7.9 lbs. so I guess most would sat that they are too heavy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was talking with a guy at the range the other day with a 6.5 Creed Bergara in a chassis. He was all excited about the way it was shooting with a 130 ELD and showed me a cartridge. It was seated WAY out and I asked if he was able to load from the mag. Nope. 2.94" COAL and was still 20 thou off the lands.

I asked him if it had a venturified shoulder as well, but he didn't get the joke.

Curious if anyone of you Bergara owners has seen similar?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 34 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,614
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.