-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What Salty303 said, farm truck's a kick.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
If they could really build fast cars and were good drivers they would race in real races on real tracks.
The few that did have NHRA licenses had them pulled and they are all banned from NHRA tracks and races for life.
Just a bunch of low buck weekend warriors that can't make it in real racing.
There is a big difference between playing on the street or some non sanctioned crappy track and running with the big boys and girls in the NHRA.

Maybe that is why Richard Rawlins(Gas Monkey fame)Had a pro built Pro Mod car with a NHRA certified driver that could not beat the 405 on a sanctioned prepared NHRA track in 1/8 mile.You talk stupid!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If they could really build fast cars and were good drivers they would race in real races on real tracks.
The few that did have NHRA licenses had them pulled and they are all banned from NHRA tracks and races for life.
There is a big difference between playing on the street or some non sanctioned crappy track and running with the big boys and girls in the NHRA.

Here ya go eltardo

https://youtu.be/rReyZ5lUqRE

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
The show is ok. Wayy too much drama though. I guess its all the TV folks want.
We record the shows on DVR so its easy to skip all the dumb stuff.

Use to tinker with the drag racing stuff but nothing serious. Used my Daily Driver laugh 2000 1500 Silverado Extended Cab 2WD. 6.0, Isky Turbo Cam, Borg Warner S475/83 Turbo, 4L80E w/ Stock torque converter, 3.42 gears and 30" all terrain. It had a pretty big tool box in the bed and was a perfect sleeper. I towed a lot with it too. Tow my buddys cars or trucks to the track and we would get out there and have fun. Id drop the trailer and unload the truck bed. Toolbox had 3 gallon tank for methanol injection and at one time had a 10# nitrous bottle back there for fun.
Best it did was a high 11 around 117mph on all terrains with a 2.1 60' haha, i even had to let out on that pass from a wastegate issue so i know it had a mid 11 in it easy. It would scream on the top end with that stock torque converter and big turbo. It had a lot of potential but it was my only ride so i didnt go crazy. Put over 240k miles on that setup and when i pulled the engine out from a failed lifter it had over 300k miles on it. New cam/lifters/ head work/springs/and ARP head bolts its in my tahoe now with 380k miles on it.

You have never had fun till you pull away from a sport car while towing a trailer. He did manage to catch me around 150mph tho but we let out around 155-160ish. I was running out of gear and well over trailer tire speed ratings.

Helped my buddy on a 72 Nova that had a 370 LS engine with twin 71mm turbos. It was crazy till an injector failed and hurt the thing. Ended up just putting a stock 4.8 in it with a turbo cam and good lifters along with head studs and gaskets. It made 980hp to the wheel, while tire was slipping on the dyno. Took it to the track and raised the boost another 10# and it was fun. Pulled that setup out and put in a fox body tube car to loose 600-700# and made well over 1000hp on methanol.
Lots of fun but a whole lot of work.

My current project is a 1991 C1500 stepside with a Isky turbo cam 5.3, S475 turbo and 4L80E. Truck interior is gutted and built an alum dash and interior. Waiting on a cage and few parts but if it would go a high 10 in the 1/4 and get 20-22mpg id be happy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess a lot of have no clue about racing and buy anything TV puts out to you. Street Outlaws is to drag racing as Alaskan Bush People is to living in Alaska.
The NHRA was started to keep people from racing on the street. The NHRA wants no part of promoting street racing.
nhra cracks down on the dumbest fake street racing show
NHRA Warns: Participate In “Street Outlaws” Cable Show, Lose Your Competition License!

Just so you arm chair racers know, I spent 16 years racing Pro-Stock and Pro-Mod and another 6 years in Top Fuel. I still work as a consultant with various race teams.
But go ahead and believe what you see on "Reality TV"

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I guess a lot of have no clue about racing and buy anything TV puts out to you. Street Outlaws is to drag racing as Alaskan Bush People is to living in Alaska.
The NHRA was started to keep people from racing on the street. The NHRA wants no part of promoting street racing.
NHRA Warns: Participate In “Street Outlaws” Cable Show, Lose Your Competition License!

Just so you arm chair racers know, I spent 16 years racing Pro-Stock and Pro-Mod and another 6 years in Top Fuel. I still work as a consultant with various race teams.

You can be anything you want to be on the innanet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Farm truck is my hero. Ha Ha

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Everything on tv is scripted beyond any degree of reality. That's pretty much a given imo.

I went to high school with a set of twin brothers that built a pair of ass kickin comaros. Both were 69 models with identical paint.
One of them went on to drive a 57 Chevy in exhibition races with three other cars and drivers. They toured at major events all over the country.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Huntz

and you can be as stupid as YOU appear to be. GFY

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Either that or they just don't want to deal with the NHRA.

My buddy gave up on the NHRA back in the 70's because they made it so the low buck backyard guy couldn't compete. He still wanted to build cars and race so he switched the SCTA.
I'd say he's done all right having been inducted into the Dry Lakes hall of fame and having set numerous records and is a member of bot the 200 and 300 mph clubs.

[Linked Image]

There are plenty of racing venues other than NHRA that are assuredly real racing.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'm not an "arm chair" racer. I was asking a legit question. I didn't hear about the lisc issue until you brought it up here. I don't like the show enough to follow it beyond what's shown.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
[quote=whackem_stackem]I guess a lot of have no clue about racing and buy anything TV puts out to you. Street Outlaws is to drag racing as Alaskan Bush People is to living in Alaska.

and you can be as stupid as YOU appear to be. GFY[/quote
Not as stupid as you.They cleaned a NHRA Driver in HIS HOUSE.You said muy stupid things about the 405 that you can`t back up.Is it hard to talk with your foot in your mouth???

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gotta love the Dung Beetle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've seen the show a few times and always get a laugh out of watching those fat guys operating the flashlight try to run backwards a few steps before they flick the light on.

They always appear to be on the verge of going azz over tea kettle.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It's a reality TV show, drama is it's main reason for being on TV. Lots of overlapping shows lately, hate they keep showing the same show with slight added stuff and call it a new episode. FF is your friend after recording it.

It's pretty addicting for motor heads, I am sure folks that have BTDT either don't watch, or realize it's better than a soap opera, kinda, lol. We had a 66 charger with a N/A 446, ~3200# and ran a 10.80123 on it's 5th, and last pass. If you fire up an engine in it's class ( 13.3:1 compression, about 625 hp ) and your hackles don't stand on end, you are not a car guy, LOL.

Wackem, did you know Earl Wade (Dyno Don crew chief and engine builder) I believe Earl lived in Arizona, My son's FIL used to race mostly so-cal, in a 39 chevy pulled by his 57 chevy. Earl was his crew cheif / uncle.Earl died I believe in '12, but made it in the NHRA hall of fame maybe '10. His 39 was ran from about 1975 until probably 1985.

Allen

Last edited by hemiallen; 03/09/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The show was interesting early on, but lost its luster quickly, especially when pro-street cars started showing up.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
The show was interesting early on, but lost its luster quickly, especially when pro-street cars started showing up.

All reality shows do.
How many times can you almost die catching crabs.
Almost go broke finding gold.
Wait to the very last second to deliver a car/ bike for a customer.
Rook someone out of a pawn.

The jaws music and almost death scene before commercial breaks don’t help.

Like on an Alaska type show. They are in the woods with a chain saw. Next thing you hear screaming. Come back from commercial and little Johnny let the rooster out of the cage.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like watching it from time to time.

As for them racing on the street,well it is on pavement but the cars could not run long in the real world.

The place they run looks like it is in an industrial park.

They do make them turbo's spin.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Watch It For The Humor From Time To Time...I'd Like To See The 405 Call Larry Larson Out...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (300Sav, 44mc, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 7887mm08, Anaconda, 9 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,978
Posts18,499,549
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.