Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The last person in my family to be born at home was my Grandpa Whitey. He was born in April, 1902 in Brecksville, Ohio. Daddy Elmer gave the doctor a hog as payment.

Everyone since has been born at a hospital.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Myself and eleven brothers and sisters were born at home. Lost a brother that was a few days old to breathing problems. Hard times but if I had a choice I would be happy to relive it again. My mother given the same choice to relive it again would not have felt the same. She was 100 lbs of energy, determination, and will power. A family friend told my father he had done well raising the large family. With his usual dry humor he replied two were not up to standards as one was a Democrat and the other a cop. I was the cop! smile GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I was born in an Army hospital, but all 9 of my children, 2 from a first marriage, and 7 from the beautiful wife I have now were all born at home. For many, many years none of them had birth certificates, just logged in the family bible, nor did any have social security numbers. My youngest a few years ago got hers, but oh my, it cost $1500.00 to do it. She still doesn't have a birth certificate, just a certificate of birth with a guardian (her mother) listed. What an ordeal that was. I wish she still was a true "freeman", but it's very hard to live off the Federal Plantation in this country.
It was amusing to hear my Lawyer ask me "are you sure you want to do this". "Do you know what your doing to her?"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by persiandog
Me ,no Doctors . just 12 angry Persian women.

I thought you only got that in death? 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
....ohhhh you said Persian....I thought you said virgin. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If I recall correctly John, at that time the BV hospital was still a log building?

I'm sure those rumors of the doctor looking at you, and slapping your mother are pure fabrications?

Actually, it was a three-sided log structure with a fire built on the open side. Actually, Mom and the doctor both slapped me after I opened with what I thought was a rather good pun.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
They must have added the third side after I was born.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My 5 older siblings were born at home but I was the first in our family to be born in a hospital. That was 1952. Lots of babies being born at home these days.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by K22
I was born in an Army hospital, but all 9 of my children, 2 from a first marriage, and 7 from the beautiful wife I have now were all born at home. For many, many years none of them had birth certificates, just logged in the family bible, nor did any have social security numbers. My youngest a few years ago got hers, but oh my, it cost $1500.00 to do it. She still doesn't have a birth certificate, just a certificate of birth with a guardian (her mother) listed. What an ordeal that was. I wish she still was a true "freeman", but it's very hard to live off the Federal Plantation in this country.
It was amusing to hear my Lawyer ask me "are you sure you want to do this". "Do you know what your doing to her?"

That’s a very interesting story. Do you mind me asking your youngest daughter’s age? What about your age? I like the lawyer’s response too! Lol

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My youngest is 17 and I'm 66.
And your reason for asking?

Last edited by K22; 03/11/18.
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was born on my grandfather' ranch three miles east of Tucson (the city has now grown many miles farther east) a few minutes before the doctor arrived.

Bill Quimby

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was born on a farm in Illinois during WW2, October, 1942. My dad was in the 8th air(army)force and was taking fight training at a nearby base. My mom (pregnant at the time) had followed him there from Texas and was living with her sister and brother-in-law on their farm. There was no doctor available when I was born because many of them had enlisted or been drafted by October, 1942. My dad was in England when I was born. He was one of the lucky ones, he survived over 2 dozen bombing runs over Europe.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,257
Posts18,486,360
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.