Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
That sounds like code for sugaring up to homosexuals.

The Bishop is giving a talk on how we might maintain church unity concerning human sexuality issues.

This is a local meeting here in Iowa.

My thoughts here, is the Bible obsolete?

Thoughts on how a conservative Christian can "Right the ship'?

The "Love the sinner, hate the sin", come to mind.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I attend Methodist services. I haven’t heard this.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wife and I quit the Methodist Church over their liberal, anti-gun policies .

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
All of the members of the WCO Churches will follow suit. Heads of the beast: Govt, Education, Banking, Organized Religion.

Anybody think they wont bow to Satan to stay in bidness for the almighty dollar has a screw loose.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by cra1948
Wife and I quit the Methodist Church over their liberal, anti-gun policies .

Its for the chilren, and the American Baptist, Catholic and Lutheran are following in the antigun trenches.

Its pretty easy for many believers to believe in and worship their church rather than His Word.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/12/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They've been going down that road for quite a while now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco

Have you heard any strange noises, coming from behind?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Christ did not say "Follow other Christians".

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Exchanging Truth for a lie? Pretty hard hitting verse 32.

Romans 1:18-32 New International Version (NIV)

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death (to sin) they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Last edited by RJC58; 03/12/18.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We are members of a UMC and have never heard any of this. That said, everyone has access to God. Christianity is not an exclusive club and all are welcome. Heck, they even told me in! smile

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
sick sick, Damn sure wouldn't want to attend services with a herd on the way to fire lake, maybe they have an Uncle Joe and like to polish chrome three wheelers.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It's not about membership... all are welcome, everyone is a sinner and should seek their identity in Christ. It's about performing gay marriage and the ordination of practicing homosexuals as clergy. A vote will be held by the governing body in Feb. 2019.

The decision here is whether a homosexual lifestyle is sinful. Believers, and certainly clergy should repent and turn away from sin seeking forgiveness and atonement. If clergy are practicing homosexuals and/or condoning sinful relationships they are not repenting and turning from sin, but instead condoning sin. That is the question.

Is the church called to conform to the world or seek truth and be transformed and renewed in the spirit?

Last edited by RJC58; 03/12/18.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hanco

Cancer doesnt hit all parts of the body at the same time.

A fish rots from the head down. Their leadership is pulling them along, just as union dues paying dimocraps who believe in the 2A and hunting, yet they are supporting the growing tyranny.

ALL members of the WCof Churches support the destruction of the 2A and one world order God warns against in the Bible.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/12/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We are members of a UMC and have never heard any of this. That said, everyone has access to God. Christianity is not an exclusive club and all are welcome. Heck, they even told me in! smile

My in-laws were staunch UMC member for years. They parted ways years ago when their church wrote a letter of support to another UMC church that was in a battle supporting queer marriage. This goes back 40 years or more.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RJC58
It's not about membership... all are welcome, everyone is a sinner. It's about performing gay marriage and the ordination of practicing homosexuals as clergy. A vote will be held by the governing body in Feb. 2019.

The decision here is whether a homosexual lifestyle is sinful. Believers, and certainly clergy should repent and turn away from sin seeking forgiveness and atonement. If clergy are practicing homosexuals and/or condoning sinful relationships they are not repenting and turning from sin, but instead condoning sin. That is the question.

Is the church called to conform to the world or seek truth and be transformed and renewed in the spirit?

I look for a split to be in the future of the UMC, or an exodus in the very least.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You can only "right" your ship. But you can influence others. As BILLY GRAM said " There is only one TRUE TRUTH. God's word."
Stay or go, don't support them if they disobey the WORD.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Presbyterian church has decided to permit gay marriage, it is up to the individual pastor as to whether or not they will perform the ceremony.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Eventually there'll be a reckoning. God will only stand for his churches' sin for so long. However, he can be incredibly patient. Back in Genesis, he told Abraham that the Israelites would be in slavery for 400 years. He also said that the Amorites (Cannanites) sin was not yet full. He was still giving them time to repent before he wiped them out. He gave them another 500 years before he sent the Israelites in with clear orders to hammer them. They didn't repent. They kept on burning their children as sacrifices and committing all kinds of sexual sin. God finally unleashed his people to kill every last one of them. Unfortunately, they didn't finish the job and they're still paying for that mistake today.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My congregation knows where I stand on gun issues. They know I have an arsenal, just not how large of one. I pastor a SBC and many of the SBC brethren around here have several men in their congregation who have CCL's carrying in church because of the shootings that take place around the country on a fairly regular basis. I have at least one in our church, but we have a small congregation.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Eventually there'll be a reckoning. God will only stand for his churches' sin for so long. However, he can be incredibly patient. Back in Genesis, he told Abraham that the Israelites would be in slavery for 400 years. He also said that the Amorites (Cannanites) sin was not yet full. He was still giving them time to repent before he wiped them out. He gave them another 500 years before he sent the Israelites in with clear orders to hammer them. They didn't repent. They kept on burning their children as sacrifices and committing all kinds of sexual sin. God finally unleashed his people to kill every last one of them. Unfortunately, they didn't finish the job and they're still paying for that mistake today.

Didn't even make it 20 replies before someone started preaching genocide....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 163bc, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,917
Posts18,498,401
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.