Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can't remember that time I even bought any magazine. If I was to get the itchin, I doubt I'd be wandering around in/out of the Coco Puffs aisle searching for Soldier of Fortune.

Seriously, unless someone is an old fugg with gout just laying around....who the hell has the time or wants to read what is mostly garbage info and ad slickers? 5-8$ for a mag?

I guess if the hummingbirds are buzzin. Jeeze
They don't have magazines in the marked down meat section

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty much a symbolic gesture - Kroger is showing its response to negative pressure from one or more anti-2nd groups, but the loss of gun magazine sales will be insignificant. How may firearms folks buy gun reading at supermarkets these days - when did you last do so? They probably will increase profit by replacing the gun magazines with some focused on quilting, or celebs, or useless feminist slants.

Now, if they lose steady customers and know it is due to that move - another story.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by midtenn
I shop at two grocery stores because Kroger stopped offering some brands and substitutes theirs. I do most of the cooking at our house and there's a difference, especially with food seasonings. I don't like Kroger meats either. Now I have a good reason to ditch them altogether. The Publix store is much more friendly, less crowded, and the manager likes to discuss shooting and guns with me.

According to some other sites, Publix will also be pulling the gun magazines.

You're right, just saw that. I'll know tomorrow about our Publix and find out what I can.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just in case you wanted to know where NOT TO SHOP:

Kroger operates more than 2,500 stores under more than two dozen different banners. In addition to Kroger Stores, its groceries include Cala Foods, City Markets, Copps, Dillons, FoodsCo, Fred Meyer Stores, Fry's, King Soopers, Mariano's Fresh Market, Metro Market, Pick 'n Save, Quality Food Centers (a.k.a. QFC), Ralphs, Food 4 Less, and Smith's Food and Drug. It also owns Barclay, Fox's, Fred Meyer, and Littman jewelers, and Kwik Shop, Loaf 'N Jug, and Quik Stop convenience stores.

See:

http://www.nndb.com/company/606/000053447/

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Two Krogers in my burg.
One is close.Bet I've spent 50 bucks there, in the last 10 yrs.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ftbt
Just in case you wanted to know where NOT TO SHOP:

Kroger operates more than 2,500 stores under more than two dozen different banners. In addition to Kroger Stores, its groceries include Cala Foods, City Markets, Copps, Dillons, FoodsCo, Fred Meyer Stores, Fry's, King Soopers, Mariano's Fresh Market, Metro Market, Pick 'n Save, Quality Food Centers (a.k.a. QFC), Ralphs, Food 4 Less, and Smith's Food and Drug. It also owns Barclay, Fox's, Fred Meyer, and Littman jewelers, and Kwik Shop, Loaf 'N Jug, and Quik Stop convenience stores.

See:

http://www.nndb.com/company/606/000053447/

Well, that's really neat. Leaves me with absolutely NO place to shop for groceries withing a 140 miles radius. Not even convenience store garbage.

Hope you don't expect me to starve for the sake of making a political statement. I dont give a rat's patootie whether they sell AR mags or not. I have plenty and there are plenty of other places to buy them.

Last edited by jnyork; 03/20/18.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It didn't take long. Went this morning to Fry's and not a single gun periodical. Not only are they censoring what you can read they are trying to erase a culture and way of life.

Lenin and Trotsky would be proud.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have always hated Fred Meyer and try not to shop there. It as said, I don’t buy gun rags. Am RiflemAn is more than enough.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

I didn't know people still bought magazines

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The local grocery store has gun magazines, and the local bank has a raffle rife laying on a table you can pick up.

Back water?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Shopped at Publix this morning. No gun rags pulled yet but my manager friend was not there to talk to about it.

[Linked Image]

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,928
Posts18,498,616
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.