Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Peddler Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A California city voted on Monday to exempt itself from the state's sanctuary law, which limits cooperation between local authorities and federal immigration enforcement. Following more than two hours of heated testimony from residents on both sides of the debate, the Los Alamitos City Council voted 4-1 to opt out of the California Values Act. Los Alamitos, a municipality of approximately 12,000 people in Orange County, is the first California city to reject the law that was signed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) last year and became effective on Jan. 1. Videos taken at the Los Alamitos City Hall before and after the vote showed some residents getting heated while discussing sanctuary policies and immigration.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/...nia-opts-out-states-sanctuary-law?page=2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Doesn't really surprise me at all. Right down the road from where I used to live. Just across the county line from LA County. Pretty upscale / Pretty Conservative. Great school system. People buy "tear-down" homes for over $800K and build new homes on the lot just to get their kids in the school system. Not the community I would expect to wrap their arms around a bunch of illegal aliens.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are tired of paying the cost of state laws enacted by those who dont
pay for them. Its a start.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw this yesterday and followed with interest. Good for Los Alimitos to say fug the state. They are following the the real Constitution. The Federal one. More of the northern counties are doing the same, I believe.Gadz, maybe,just maybe, Ca. is starting to wake up. I can only hope. Time will tell.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
As a kid from the OC, they make me proud.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A good reason I stand up for California and state to other campfire members...

there are a lot of good people in CA.. they all are not looney tunes...

just like Potlandia doesn't represent the rest of Oregon very much.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They wised up!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
They wised up!

Yes, but does anyone really believe it will make a difference. This is one small place in a large state.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
They wised up!

Yes, but does anyone really believe it will make a difference. This is one small place in a large state.

Nope, and they will get sued into submission by the State and eventually the 9th circuit.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by steve4102
They wised up!

Nope, and they will get sued into submission by the State and eventually the 9th circuit.

This is where the DOJ should step in and take on the ACLU and the state. Letting the city set back and watch the fight. They are the tip of the spear....... now the Feds need to make an example of California.

Last edited by kingfisher; 03/21/18.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kingfisher
They wised up!

This where the DOJ should step in and take on the ACLU and the state. Letting the city set back and watch the fight. They are the tip of the spear....... now the Feds need to make an example of California.

Good luck with that, you do know you are referring to Sessions, right?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They wised up!

This happened in, I believe, South Gate, Ca. some years ago. The Police Dept and city officials wanted to start running the city "their" way. A lot of corruption from both sides.The people had enough and contacted the Feds. They sent in Marshall's and other Fed LEO's and re-took the Police Dept and city govt. back and restored order. I think this happened in the early 90's. It can happen. Hopefully in Los Alimitos' favor.

Last edited by rifletom; 03/21/18.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by rifletom

This happened in, I believe, South Gate, Ca. some years ago. The Police Dept and city officials wanted to start running the city "their" way. A lot of corruption from both sides.The people had enough and contacted the Feds. They sent in Marshall's and other Fed LEO's and re-took the Police Dept and city govt. back and restored order. I think this happened in the early 90's. It can happen.

This should happen in Illinois ...er...Madiganistan.

We had "No Help" under 8 years of the halfRican !
The cabal in Washington is so entrenched that Pres.Trump gets
anything done is a Wonder.
Blue statists Must be Purged...It will happen Sooner than Later !

??? Pass a Law to make it Illegal for Lobbyists or their Subordinates
to live within 500 miles of Washington D.C. !!!
Make 'em live in the bad Detoilet and travel ban them.

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They wised up!

Think ACLU has already filed a suit , Laura Ingraham spoke of it last night.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is also a pro 2nd RKBA candidate running for LA county Sheriff.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Latino resident of Los Alamitos tells it like it is .... slamming California's sanctuary state law - suggesting it would lead to the gutting of the middle class, ushering in communism.

See:

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like we're moving toward a system where local attitudes will dictate law. Feds, state, and county be damned, each voting district will decide on its own.

1Minute
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shasta County as well. They want to secede and become the state of Jefferson.
https://www.redding.com/story/news/2018/02/04/resolution-shasta-not-sanctuary-county/305349002/

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I heard, just this morning, that other CA cities/counties are calling the mayor of Los Alamitos and asking how they went about ignoring that law.. It seems that more and more are beginning to rise up and tell Sacramento to GFY.. IF so, I applaud them fully........

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The state's a bunch of hypocrites. They say they can violate federal law but towns can't violate their law.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,681
Posts18,493,892
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.