Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Went duck hunting on the Illinois River in 2003, we stayed in Liver Pool Illinois, Very crazy people! love it!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I suspect the Hi Line where I was raised and still reside is probably sort of a backwater place.

I see that Browning made someone's list a while back.

Funny, Browning is a pretty well stocked town.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I suspect the Hi Line where I was raised and still reside is probably sort of a backwater place.

I see that Browning made someone's list a while back.

Funny, Browning is a pretty well stocked town.

Browning MT is one of the few places that as an adult, I’ve felt uncomfortable in broad daylight.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have been to a couple of remote locations..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Welcome to Durka Durka Raq.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I don't know about you Mac, but, a few times, when I got home, I wanted to eat a bowl of U.S.A. dirt. smile

Trump Won!
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hands down, Sierra Leon back in the early 90's. By far the most nastiest out of control schithole in the world. Makes Afghanistan look like a resort. By the second week I kind of got used to seeing people brutally murdered in the street daily. The RUF was the most unpredictable, crazy and violent group of retards I have ever witnessed on this earth. They would warm up with some kidnapping and rape until they got all hopped up on drugs and put their crazy colored wigs on and went to shooting and hacking people to death.

And Africa as a whole, pretty much every place I have been in Africa was the complete butt crack of the world. There may be some bearable places on that continent but I have never been there. The natives suck, their bugs suck, their snakes really suck...Africa just sucks.

-Piss into the wind.
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
I remember in Iraq, nice houses (by Iraqi standards) next to lots full of trash, and goats eating the trash, and the locals eating the goats.

And nobody bathed.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by 79S
Afghanistan driving through KG pass will give one a real appreciation for good ol America..

The team we relieved in Afghanistan got hit on their way up to do the changeover with us while going through the KG pass. At the time only one guy on our team had been shot at before so we were a little puckered up heading to Khost/Khowst and going through the pass. Didn't get hit, but it was interesting to say the least, that is some rough country.

Another team from my company had a pretty good scrap up there near the end of our rotation.

I was there from feb 2009 to feb 2010 with 1-40 cav.

I was at Chapman in Khowst during 04-05. 09 - 2010 I was in Iraq and we were training and working with ISOF.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I have been to a couple of remote locations..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Welcome to Durka Durka Raq.

You beat me to it Mackey. I’ve got pics of the same type of terrain. The Iran-Iraq border is a complete wasteland!

Stateside I would say 29 Palms, CA would ranks near the top for me.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Salton sea is truly a weird backwater place.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
Working in gulf of Mexico in mid 70's and docking navigational survey boat in Fourchon LA! Nothing but a bar that was a old Shrimp boat and fuel. Mid 70's

You would not believe Fourchon today. It's a major energy hub.

Yep.

The LA Offshore Oil Platform (LOOP) is out from there. I served a 6 year term on the LA Board of Regents. A fellow Regent was a ship builder and we were invited down to Grand Isle for the sea trials of a brand new 105' Coast Guard cutter his company had built. Coast Guard people were on board, but the maker provided the pilot to run it. Coast Guard won't operate a boat until it's officially theirs. We went out and circled the LOOP, came back to port. Quite a ride. That thing would do 40 knots in the open Gulf, seemed like it was moving pretty fast, had two 4,000 HP British diesels.

Paul is right.

DF

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Point Hope, AK. You'd have to see it to believe it.

Ed

I haven't had the privilege of Point Hope, but I have done Mountain Village, St. Mary's, Holy Cross, King Salmon, Nek Nek, Bethel (which is an improvement over many), Chicken, and various others.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MarkFed
Chester, PA

high population density but it's about as "WILD" and "PRIMAL" as it gets.

Wish I was able to spend some time in a backwater area, lucky bastids.

I stopped in a gas station there once and there was no restroom, the non english speaking man just pointed to a back door that lead into an alley way of sorts, That alley was a disgusting and gross as any third world country slum. My only question is how is there so much human feces and no toilet paper................ maybe I am just spoiled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ross River, Yukon Territory - the only place I have been where the bartender was in an encaged closure and it only had a small opening for him to take the money and then slide the drinks out.

Some jungle town that I can't even remember the name of. in Panama.

Thule, Greenland many years ago.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Anyone been thru Cut and Shoot, TX...?

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Monroe, Louisiana

That's funny. I have family in a mausoleum there. When my son & I were driving back from New Orleans I wanted to stop and pay our respects. One of my son's co-workers told me there is nothing in Monroe. What he failed to mention is that there is pretty much nothing between Baton Rouge and Monroe.

I thought I lived in about the most backwater place in the world. The population of our County hasn't changed since the Civil War.

Delta Airline started in Monroe, LA...

DF

and anyone with any sense flew out on same.

Delta still has 4 flights a day, to and from Atlanta. Other airlines with 3-4 flights a day to and from Houston and DFW.

So, quite a busy airport, serves a large NE LA, SE AR and MS Delta area. You can see where Delta got it's name.

DF

N
N
I spend a couple of days in Bemidji every month. About 2 hours from here. Most backwater place for me would be hard to pin down, in a lifetime of intentionally going to such places.

One that stands out is Ruso, ND. Population, 4. Had a bar there, the Goose Nest as I recall. The owner, an old, fat, ugly, mean lady happened to be a state legislator from the area. I was in there once, cooling down from hunting sharptailed grouse and hungarian partridge.

She was quite intoxicated, and decided to give me bunches of crap. Strange, as the guy I was hunting with and I were the only two in the place except for her. In a town of four, just about everybody who comes in such an establishment is from out of town, so the fact that we were strangers should not have raised her ire. I had a very strong impulse to smack her ill-fitting dentures out of her mouth on the way out, but decided that discretion would indeed be the better part of valor in that instance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Diyarbakir, Turkey
Agadez, Niger

Who is John Galt?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Tetlin. 28 of the 34 students in the k-12 school had the same dad. Dogs were so inbred that they had two eyes on one side of their face like halibut. There were bullet holes in the school from a guy who lost his wife in a basketball game.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Diego Garcia

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1badf350, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 15,762 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,788
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.