Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
IFLY4U Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Looking at picking up a 2.5x8 Leupold for my 30-06 Weatherby Ultra-light and ran across the VX-3 scopes at Gander Mtn today. What is the difference between the Vari-x 3 and the VX version other than I couldn't find "Made in the USA" anywhere on the scope or the box for the VX-3?

Who has the best prices on these scopes?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
vx-3 has index matched lenses. I just bought one for $399 new and matte finish,great scope

1 and done
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
They are also supposed to have better quality glass in them...they had to get better...the competition was biting. Still are.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Indexed lenses..hand adjustable w/e dials and fast focus eyepiece . Prices are fixed

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
They don't bite very hard. Leupold sells far more scopes than all their competition put together. E

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Leupold sells more scopes that ALL their competition put together? That'd be more than Bushnell, Tasco, Weaver, Simmons, Swift, Swaro, Nikon, Zeiss, BSA, Barska, Meopta, Sightron, and probably a few that I'm forgetting.... ALL put together?

Facts, to back that one up, would be MUCH appreciated.

I
IFLY4U Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Called Leupold today. I was told that they no longer put "Made in the USA" on their scopes due to the lenses being made in a variety of countries from Germany to China. Their scopes are still assembled in the US but the lenses are made by whoever can meet supply demands.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by IFLY4U
Looking at picking up a 2.5x8 Leupold for my 30-06 Weatherby Ultra-light and ran across the VX-3 scopes at Gander Mtn today. What is the difference between the Vari-x 3 and the VX version other than I couldn't find "Made in the USA" anywhere on the scope or the box for the VX-3?

Who has the best prices on these scopes?

Leupold's glass has been made in Asia for a long time.

The Vari-X series was improved and renamed the VX series in 2003/2004. The VX-I is the same as the old Vari-X II.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Leupold sells more scopes that ALL their competition put together? That'd be more than Bushnell, Tasco, Weaver, Simmons, Swift, Swaro, Nikon, Zeiss, BSA, Barska, Meopta, Sightron, and probably a few that I'm forgetting.... ALL put together?

Facts, to back that one up, would be MUCH appreciated.

Yeah, but V, he said Leupold's competition. I didn't know all them other scopes could compete grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Errorcus probably meant that Leupold repairs more scope than all others combined. Whenever you see Leupold and Eremicus together it is false information you are reading. Eremicus should stick to giving out information on freeze-dried food.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Leupold sells far more scopes than all their competition put together. E

Oh really, and you know this how? Stats please.

You often insist others quote stats and provide evidence with supported facts...well please follow your own words or don't make them.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be a employee of Leupy now, would you?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Now dear sir. That was just stupid.

Amax

If I give an opinion on it, I have used or owned it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Eremicus
They don't bite very hard. E

Well E, if your statement was true, then why did Leupold recently re-vamp their entire scope product line and make the optics brighter and clearer? And please don't tell me it was out of the goodness of their hearts!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Errorcus probably meant that Leupold repairs more scope than all others combined. Whenever you see Leupold and Eremicus together it is false information you are reading. Eremicus should stick to giving out information on freeze-dried food.

I currently own 13 Leupys and probably have had another 5-6. My first Leupy, a Vari-X II 3-9, has just turned 30 years old. Seeing as how I have never had need for Leupy's service department, could you give me their address just in case?

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Send to:
Errormicus Leupodeous
IC Fantasy Lane
Placerville, California xxxxx

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Send to:
Errormicus Leupodeous
IC Fantasy Lane
Placerville, California xxxxx

Hey! I spent some time in my younger days out on the Left Coast in Placerville--if on the incredibly small chance I would've needed service on my first (now 30 year-old) Leupold I bought in Orangevale, I could'a just driven over and had it fixed wink

"Errormicus" kind'a sounds like "Air Americas"........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
I
IFLY4U Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
What the Hell does all of these post have to do with my question?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You received the most expertest advice and the all the info ya' asked for--the rest of it is for us grin

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

+ 1000!

Your question has been answered but, you will find sir, that a number of posters here love to bash Leupolds and love even more to bash Mr. E. Granted, Mr. E is a bit fanatical in his love for Leupys but I have found him to be quite knowledgeable also.

Expressing our opinions is what the forums are all about. How you express them is what counts. Disagree with E if you wish but disagree in an adult fashion. Get off his back. sick

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
According To Leup the VX II is equivalent to the old Vari X III.
With the VXIII being better.

I own a VXIII in the 2.5-8 and it is a very nice scope. To my eyes it is superior to a Vari X III 1.5-5 and to a Vari X II 2-7. Both of the Vari X models have some age on them.

My next hunting rifle purchase, probably a CDL 700 in a 260 Rem will sport a price fixed Leup VXIII 2.5 -7. And proud to have a firearm and scope that still employs some Americans in the manufacturing process, you see I make my living in America and prefer to spend my money on products built here. Oh yea, by UNION labor, too.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,776
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.