Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
To one and all I wish you the most spiritually fulfilling Easter yet. I join with you in praise and awe of the Son of God who died, was placed in a tomb, but rose from the dead showing one and all his defeat of death. Thru Jesus there is eternal life of the spirit for those who simply accept him for who he is; the one and only way to eternal life in heaven. Jesus, the Son of God who is God, who went ahead preparing for us our place there.

John 14 New King James Version

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

Fulfilling his promise to rise from the grave Jesus appeared to his disciples in the risen flesh. What an incredible epiphany it must have been. I so look forward to seeing him in Heaven.

Luke 24:36-49 New International Version

36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”[/i]

Happy Easter

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks, Shootem. That was appropriate for the season, when we all need to pause and reflect.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is risen indeed!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife gave me a DVD of "Passion of the Christ" for Christmas maybe twelve years ago. Knowing that it is reputed to be very heavy-duty, it is still wrapped in cellophane. I'm thinking this Easter season is the time to finally see it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joyous Easter to all.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He is risen indeed!

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen!

Please don't feed the trolls!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Thanks, Shootem. That was appropriate for the season, when we all need to pause and reflect.

DF

Amen, and Amen. We serve a risen Savior!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hallelujah

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always seemed to me that Easter was really more important than Christmas, as it's the actual reason for the whole business.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He is Risen Indeed!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Always seemed to me that Easter was really more important than Christmas, as it's the actual reason for the whole business.

Need the birth and the death to set up the Resurrection.

All are important. The Resurrection is the crown jewel, no doubt.

A side note: study Agape, that Divine Love, expressed by God becoming man to die in our place, a ransom for our sin. Satan could not defeat Agape, although he gave it his best shot. Because he was self centered and arrogant, Agape was foreign to him. To die for another, to humble oneself in service to another is Agape.

The natural mind can't understand it thru logic. Only the regenerated, Spiritual man can get a glimpse of Agape. St. Paul expresses it much better than I ever could: 1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

That's strong; meditate on the Word.

You guys have a wonderous and blessed Easter.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To me, the most mind boggling aspect is that Jesus actually took the punishment for all our sins---and not just by dying on the cross. To imagine the punishment that I myself deserve is terrifying. To contemplate the wrath of God in response to all of humanity's misdeeds puts me in a place I cannot begin to describe. He took all that for us, willingly. It's all just a lot more than I, myself, can comprehend!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

I like the studio version of the song better but the explanation Andrew offers in this live one is deeply moving. Great triumphal entry tune but fitting for resurrection day also...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
But for the grace of God.........

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Happy Resurrection Day y'all!

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider
To me, the most mind boggling aspect is that Jesus actually took the punishment for all our sins---and not just by dying on the cross. To imagine the punishment that I myself deserve is terrifying. To contemplate the wrath of God in response to all of humanity's misdeeds puts me in a place I cannot begin to describe. He took all that for us, willingly. It's all just a lot more than I, myself, can comprehend!

Amen.

You see a lot of Love preached on the airways, not so much about God's wrath.

Religion's become pick and choose, cafeteria style. Ps 119:160, states that the "SUM of Your Word is Truth" That implies that pieces pulled from here and there, although truth, may not represent ultimate Truth. Another example of this concept: the WHOLE Passover Lamb was to be consumed, not just pieces and parcels they may have chosen.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/31/18.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

DF

Amen, and Amen. We serve a risen Savior!

Thanks, JG.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Amen.

You see a lot of Love preached on the airways, not so much about God's wrath.

Religion's become pick and choose, cafeteria style. Ps 119:160, states that the "SUM of Your Word is Truth" That implies that pieces pulled from here and there, although truth, may not represent ultimate Truth. Another example of this concept: the WHOLE Passover Lamb was to be consumed, not just pieces and parcels they may have chosen.

DF

Crazy thing is how this under emphasis upon God’s righteous anger for sin also cheapens grace...

Michael Horton condenses biblical truth to, “the bad news is our sin is far more serious than we could possibly know; the good news is that grace is far greater than we ever could have dreamed.”

The transaction of double imputation (my sin accredited to Christ/His perfect righteousness accredited to me) is the most amazing thing I’ve ever heard. The ludicrousness of it confirms to me the truth of Christianity; I can’t imagine a man thinking that up.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
He is risen indeed!

AMEN!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

360 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 39 invisible), 1,903 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,250
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.