Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
It will take martial law to save California. We all know that is not going to happen.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

During the Bammy years, the federal gov't was buying 40%+ of all Ca. Bonds. Sources were Fox Financial and Bloomberg. I think that the fed gov't part of the equation is from you and me, maybe?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

No they will not. State will go bankrupt and want federal money.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
just give California back to Mexico then build the wall .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
could you please provide a link to the original article?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jdm953

No they will not. State will go bankrupt and want federal money.

Whoaaaa there, Pard! I heard Governor Moonbeam Brown clearly state and did avow that California had NO DEFICET. Said it was just a mathematical error, thus all is good.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Good.

Cut off the trainloads of money that gets sent to the place. Eliminate its electoral votes.

What about the trainloads of money that COME from the place? They pay more into American than they take out. Were it not for California, Montana would go broke. And so would your state, Bristoe. Kentucky is a parasite on the rest of America. California is one of the few that is paying for you.

This is a flat out lie and misrepresentation, but that is the libtards bread and butter.

A large portion of the federal money spent on Montana is for the federal highways. Those highways are used to transport goods from the productive (flyover) country to the coastal (liberal) urban areas.

The welfare roles in Montana are a much smaller expense per capita than California. This despite being approximately #48 in wages, people here WORK 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet.

So Leroy Beans spread your lies elsewhere

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Sounds like we may need to Fence off California.

I don't think there is a single state in the union that isn't on the same road. Substitute white trash, native Americans, or African Americans for the Mexicans, and put in a liberal dose of do-gooders and you get the same chit sandwhich

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make no mistake California will go broke and the rest of us will be asked to bail them out

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
Typical beaner dumping ground

[Linked Image]
Typical unregulated back country Beaner roadside restaurant

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
...Typical beaner dumping ground...
Typical unregulated back country Beaner roadside restaurant

That would be undocumented dumping ground and restaurant. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The lack of logic of liberals never ends. I've long thought about their "open borders" stance that if we don't physically prevent our borders from invasion, what will ultimately stop the invasion? It will only stop when the conditions of the destination (the United States) is just as bad where the illegal invaders come from. This post makes the point that California is on the way to eventually stopping illegal immigration via allowing self-destruction.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My first trip working in the Bay Area was in the early 90s. It was still a pretty nice place...taxes were high but wages were better and made up for it...a few years later wages weren't keeping pace with taxes and there was better money to be made elsewhere ...didn't bother going back for years till 2016...wow what a [bleep] hole it turned into....I have no desire to ever go back there...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
Good.

Cut off the trainloads of money that gets sent to the place. Eliminate its electoral votes.

What about the trainloads of money that COME from the place? They pay more into American than they take out. Were it not for California, Montana would go broke. And so would your state, Bristoe. Kentucky is a parasite on the rest of America. California is one of the few that is paying for you.

This is a flat out lie and misrepresentation, but that is the libtards bread and butter.

A large portion of the federal money spent on Montana is for the federal highways. Those highways are used to transport goods from the productive (flyover) country to the coastal (liberal) urban areas.

The welfare roles in Montana are a much smaller expense per capita than California. This despite being approximately #48 in wages, people here WORK 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet.

But the numbers show that Montana gets a much higher percentage of its welfare money from the feds than California does. Also Montana gets a much higher percentage of its highway money from the feds than California does and I'm sure those California roads are used to transport goods just like in Montana. So the per capita argument doesn't really tell the whole story. California might spend more per capita but it also spends much more of its own money to pay these expenses. While Montana spends less per capita on welfare it still depends on the feds way more than California to pay the bill.

State Fed. Sh. Public Welfare Public Welfare
Spending Federal Revenue

Montana 78.8% $1,545,178,000 $1,217,284,000
California 55.7% $109,031,702,000 $60,694,512,000

State. Fed. Sh. Highway Spending Highway Federal Revenue

Montana 64.4% $761,719,000 $490,914,000
California 38.6% $10,529,860,000 $4,060,307,000

SOURCE: Governing calculations of federal intergovernmental revenues, general expenditure data from 2015 Annual Survey of State Government Finances; U.S. Census Bureau

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
VD Quote: It is almost as if the more California regulates, the more it does not regulate. Its public employees prefer to go after misdemeanors in the upscale areas to justify our expensive oversight industry, while ignoring the felonies in the downtrodden areas

Only the high end businesses can pay the outrageous imbecilic fines, just for SOP.

VD Hansen's articles are right on the money.

CA economy mismanaged by Sputnik Brown.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I will have to ask my Uncle about this Hansen fellow.

They might have worked together.

Hard to believe all the damn trouble in California.

They have every damn thing they need to make it.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Sounds like we may need to Fence off California.

we should take it back, not give it away. get rid of the problem, not the land !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I will have to ask my Uncle about this Hansen fellow.

They might have worked together.

Hard to believe all the damn trouble in California.

They have every damn thing they need to make it.

Except competent people to run it all...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by trf215
Originally Posted by irfubar
Good.

But the numbers show that Montana gets a much higher percentage of its welfare money from the feds than California does. Also Montana gets a much higher percentage of its highway money from the feds than California does and I'm sure those California roads are used to transport goods just like in Montana. So the per capita argument doesn't really tell the whole story. California might spend more per capita but it also spends much more of its own money to pay these expenses. While Montana spends less per capita on welfare it still depends on the feds way more than California to pay the bill.

State Fed. Sh. Public Welfare Public Welfare
Spending Federal Revenue

Montana 78.8% $1,545,178,000 $1,217,284,000
California 55.7% $109,031,702,000 $60,694,512,000

State. Fed. Sh. Highway Spending Highway Federal Revenue

Montana 64.4% $761,719,000 $490,914,000
California 38.6% $10,529,860,000 $4,060,307,000

SOURCE: Governing calculations of federal intergovernmental revenues, general expenditure data from 2015 Annual Survey of State Government Finances; U.S. Census Bureau

True, but there are reasons it’s higher. A large percentage of our population is Native American and a large percentage of land is federal. Think 20% vs California 1%. We have 7 large reservations, they are consumers not producers. When the feds are the largest land owners, they have to pay their share. They don’t pay local or state tax. Without the fed highway funds, it would be a slow trip through the state for interstate commerce.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,019
Posts18,500,406
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.