Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?

Have you been to Mexico? How many times. I've been to Mexico 36 times. I'm sorry, but you may not understand how far reaching the cartels are and how much money and power they control. There are entire cities where the cartel big shots send their families to live that have very little crime because of it.

Go watch Sicario. And BTW- they were only going after 2 guys. A few contractors are not going to get it done.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You would have to take over the whole country I think...getting rid of a few cartels won't do anything but pave the way for the others to grow...the Mexican corrupt government is the problem...they are the big cartel...

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The employer of an illegal is subject to fines and jail time.
Anyone convicted of giving an illegal benefit of a .gov handout should be also.
NO entitlements if they couldn't pass an I-9 .

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Local dirt is right I live here on the border and can see Mexico from my mothers house. Corruption is horrible and they have even corrupted some of our Border Patrol and Customs Agents. I went to pic up a buddy of mine that works for the Laredo PD and he was pointing out some of the houses where these drug cartel animals live. Wife , kids white picket fence and all. Thats in Laredo TEXAS! They just cant get them to phug up so they can catch them.
Last month I was going out to the ranch and going thru the B.P. check point I saw 4 guys dressed in white painters garb, handcuffed to a chain linked fence and Agents were pulling out dope in garbage bags out of 5 gal paint buckets with paint dripping off the bags. I pulled out my phone to take a pic but the agent said to put the phone away. Thats what these dirtbag smugglers do for a living fulltime. They steal cars, from this side and before they are reported stolen they are in mexico.
Oh and one more thing , its not only Hispanics crossing, I have seen chinese, russians and to many to name and my buddies in the Border Patrol have found Corans and prayer rugs.But they are not suppose to say anything.
Lucio

" It's the nut behind the butt that makes the difference"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am all in on getting a grip on illegal immigration, and on up-dating legal immigration to fit our needs.

I don't think we should believe that controlling immigration will fix drug trafficking. It won't.

Where we have failed in the "Drug War" is that we only attack one side of the equation, supply. Demand for illicit drugs is ridiculous in America. We need to address that problem. Until we do, we are only driving up the cost of the product, making trafficking that much more attractive to the Narco's.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shortround3
Local dirt is right I live here on the border and can see Mexico from my mothers house. Corruption is horrible and they have even corrupted some of our Border Patrol and Customs Agents. I went to pic up a buddy of mine that works for the Laredo PD and he was pointing out some of the houses where these drug cartel animals live. Wife , kids white picket fence and all. Thats in Laredo TEXAS! They just cant get them to phug up so they can catch them.
Last month I was going out to the ranch and going thru the B.P. check point I saw 4 guys dressed in white painters garb, handcuffed to a chain linked fence and Agents were pulling out dope in garbage bags out of 5 gal paint buckets with paint dripping off the bags. I pulled out my phone to take a pic but the agent said to put the phone away. Thats what these dirtbag smugglers do for a living fulltime. They steal cars, from this side and before they are reported stolen they are in mexico.
Oh and one more thing , its not only Hispanics crossing, I have seen chinese, russians and to many to name and my buddies in the Border Patrol have found Corans and prayer rugs.But they are not suppose to say anything.
Lucio

And all the sheepocrats are keyed in on Trump boinking Stormy 10 years ago. Fools.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If anyone thinks they will do much good by taking out a couple of the cartels without changing the underlying issues why they exist they are dreaming.

Law Enforcement has been fighting Organized Crime in this country for at least a century or so, and "gangs" more recently also (black, Latino, Asian, and mixed race ones). Has it done much good? Do the crime Familias still exist? Are gangs still running rampant in poor areas of out country?

The demand is there and when one supplier is removed another will replace it, or the existing ones will take over the sales territory.

The illegal immigration problem will only be solved if and when the demand for cheap labor is lessened (not likely as we all want cheap veggies, milk, meat, houses, and clean offices) or the supply of cheap LEGAL immigrant workers is increased by reforming the system. (Please don't tell me we have Americans who need jobs. Hasn't been my experience in over 50 years of living in or near the border or in locations where immigrant labor does the major share of farm, motel, restaurant unskilled labor. Few Americans of any color are willing to do those jobs for the wages offered)

The cartel money making from drug running will only end when demand for those drugs is lessened by ending addiction (not likely as it's been going on in one form or another since man first crushed grapes and figured out what certain plants, toads, etc can provide) or perhaps by legalizing some of them and, I hate to say it, decriminalizing some others.

A "wall", actual or figurative, will be breached or "gone around and under" before it is completed.

If, by Divine Providence, The United States of Mexico were to suddenly have a booming economy, with rising wages and opportunity for the Mexican people to have jobs that provide a standard of living similar to the US, their poor may perhaps stay home and work. Wouldn't you? My wife and I have lived and worked in different locations many times over the years in order to make the money we desired for our lifestyle. It wasn't fun but it was necessary. If we could find good paying work in our chosen careers in the same local we'd have lived in the same place, gladly.

Remember too, that if Mexico did experience the scenario I posited, there are other countries with poor folks still trying to get here, where the "streets are paved with gold".

A wall might be a start. So too, might whacking a few cartel heads. But life will go on as it is unless the real issues are addressed. Too many people making too much money on the situation as it stands, people in this country besides the cartels and corrupt Mexican politicians.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I think we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the border. It would seem to me the cartels control the border. I don't see real progress in securing our nation unless the cartels are removed from the equation. I don't think unarmed National Guard is going to resolve that. Until our military can show up and defend this nation, we need another solution. I think private contractors provides an immediate answer. They would not have the same restrictions of our US Military. Mexico would see it as an invasion I'm sure, but if ever the US needed to intercede in another countries politics it is Mexico. That fish is rotting from the head. I don't know what will be the cure for mexico's en grained, ongoing corruption, but one thing is certain, the current govt is complicit in invading our country with illegals, drugs, and who knows what else. Would anybody be surprised if it came to light mexico helped isis or any other such radical group gain entry to our country? I wouldn't, and I think their actions constitute a hostile neighbor if not a un-declared war. If we took out 3 or 4 of the cartels I don't think the remainder would want to engage. If ever there was a country we need to be actively engaged with, it's mexico. I say turn the contractors loose. Tell them their mission is to bring back heads, and stand behind them with the full support of the US government. Anyone got a better idea? Can we ever be secure if we don't eliminate the cartels control of our border?

Have you been to Mexico? How many times. I've been to Mexico 36 times. I'm sorry, but you may not understand how far reaching the cartels are and how much money and power they control. There are entire cities where the cartel big shots send their families to live that have very little crime because of it.

Go watch Sicario. And BTW- they were only going after 2 guys. A few contractors are not going to get it done.

This may come as a surprise but I do not form my opinions, political or otherwise, based upon a TV show or movie. I'm not certain how to make this more clear, but I'll repeat myself. Lawful entry and exit to our country is essential to homeland security, economic prosperity, and national sovereignty. The cartels threaten our national security. They must be taken out. Regardless of their wealth they take one breathe at a time just like anyone else. They need that interrupted asap. We've done it everywhere else in the world in the name of nation security, time to preform that call when it really counts. Mexico, as it exists today, is one of the largest threats to our sovereignty and security. If you don't have the backbone for that just when does it kick in?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This may come as a surprise but I do not form my opinions, political or otherwise, based upon a TV show or movie. I'm not certain how to make this more clear, but I'll repeat myself. Lawful entry and exit to our country is essential to homeland security, economic prosperity, and national sovereignty. The cartels threaten our national security. They must be taken out. Regardless of their wealth they take one breathe at a time just like anyone else. They need that interrupted asap. We've done it everywhere else in the world in the name of nation security, time to preform that call when it really counts. Mexico, as it exists today, is one of the largest threats to our sovereignty and security. If you don't have the backbone for that just when does it kick in?

Really? And how's that been working out for ya lately... Really.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I believe the government tit is worse than the people who hire illegals. Those people get in the system and are bleeding it dry. At least the workers serve a purpose. Do not get me wrong as I believe they should all be shipped home. The government leeches are the worst . Ed k

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Smoke pot, the drug war is lost.

except I'm worried about illegal aliens here, not so much the drug side of it, the fact that they are simply illegal by being here

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Until we can convince the Mexican government to help us out they have no incentive to slow down the flow. Those with cash (legally acquired or otherwise) don’t mind staying south of the border. Those without it flee. Mexico is better off looking the other way whether they come from Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Columbia, etc. Add in the fact that our government has no way of knowing which small scale LE in Mexico are owned by (or part of) the cartels and it makes the job that much harder.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Really? And how's that been working out for ya lately... Really.

I had thought that our previous discussion where you proved to be an idiot may possibly been topic specific. I underestimated how well rounded you are. Really.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Smoke pot, the drug war is lost.

except I'm worried about illegal aliens here, not so much the drug side of it, the fact that they are simply illegal by being here

It is conceivable that if our boarder wasn't so porous we may have less drugs imported from mexico.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Build a fence along the Mason Dixon line and make the Yankees pay for it.....

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 16bore
Build a fence along the Mason Dixon line and make the Yankees pay for it.....

+1

Add to that, reparations...

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by philgood80
Until we can convince the Mexican government to help us out they have no incentive to slow down the flow. Those with cash (legally acquired or otherwise) don’t mind staying south of the border. Those without it flee. Mexico is better off looking the other way whether they come from Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Columbia, etc. Add in the fact that our government has no way of knowing which small scale LE in Mexico are owned by (or part of) the cartels and it makes the job that much harder.

If you only knew how true that was, and at what scale. The answer is HUGE.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can easily sneak into any major country on earth. Borders aren't what keep people out. Meskins and Chinamen didn't steal your jobs...greedy-ass Americans gave them away. You guys are mad at the wrong people. This country wasn't founded on riches. It was founded on freedom. Unfortunately, it has evolved to the point where the only way to be free is to be rich.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by edk
I believe the government tit is worse than the people who hire illegals...

This. How crazy are we to offer so many entitlements to illegal aliens? Who could resist?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I love kids. But, I love American kids first, and figure that my family is first, my country second, and anything else after that gets what's left over.......providing there is any. All of which means that we cannot keep letting people from another country come in here and destroy what was built for Americans. Do what you have to do. If that means harm coming to someone from another country trying to come here illegally, so be it.

^^^+1 so be it! ^^^

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,573
Posts18,510,759
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.