Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Just stay with the Whisker biscuit, Keep it simple........547.

GB1

C
cmc Offline
C
Originally Posted by Blacktail53

You won't find a WB on hunting bows owned by the likes of Randy Ulmer or Cameron Hanes. Nor with competative shooters on the 3D circuit. They simply can't afford it.

Simply put... Sponsorship. You have to take that into consideration when looking at those type of hunters. Granted they won't shoot junk gear but what they shoot does come into play with their sponsors/employers. When I first got into bow hunting I was trying to pick what a good broad head to use. This was long before internet forums and such. I found that rifling through all the success photos I could at the gun stores, taxidermist, and anywhere else I could I found that there were about 3 broad heads being used in all the photos. I went with one of them and found great success with them myself. I didn't have to spend much money 'trying out' junk broad heads or what not as well many other archery items. Granted everything else came by the way of live and learn till this message forum stuff started to come about... Much easier to research now a days.

Good luck with your choice. If you can see if anyone you know wants to swap rests for a few months to try each one out. Go in 1/2 cost with someone else interested and each test one. Same with drop away. Each has their pro's and con's but like Blacktail53 said they each suite hunters different. I hunt spot and stalk putting myself in weird crawling situations and I like how the WB holds my arrow from clanging around and I don't have to worry about it when I go to draw, read that how bad I might shake from buck fever. Put me on a 3D or target range and I'd prefer a drop away.

Thus far only when I put some helical on the vanes do I get wear. If I shot them straight no wear with a ton of shots. All my testing with my broad heads I haven't found a need for helical vanes. No added benefit thus far with my setup. Next years setup might be different. Who knows. Kind of why I love the game. Ya get to tinker...

cmc

I'm getting the new Deluxe Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest, I had some real good advice on this from a personal friend of mine.... and ah well she has been shooting bow a lot more years than I have. laugh

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
There are a lot of drop away rest out there. The Muzzy Zero effect has been out there for a number of years now. The Zero effect is my favorite rest to date. Nothing wrong with a WB IMHO though you will gain a few fps with the drop away.

The WB is like training wheels for the bow. With the arrow fully contained there will be little for the shooter to concentrate on except the target, good form & follow through.
The turkey claw on the ZE effectively contains the arrow also in most conventional shooting forms. Yet with the drop away there is some forgiveness when one fails with there shooting forum.

There is a learning curve involved in learning to get the most from any drop away rest. And the rewards in increased fletching life and accuracy are all worth the effort to me.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like my training wheels wink Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

You can be more accurate with the drop away, but the wisker is second to none with keeping the arrow in place during the draw.

Spot

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I just got a Whisker Biscuit and shot it for the first time on Sunday. I hadn't shot my bow since late 2005. After half a dozen arrows, I was shooting as well as I ever did with my Quik Tune 2000 a year and a half ago.

I never had training wheels on my bike when I was a kid, and paid for it with the skin off my knees and thighs. Now that I'm older, I like the concept!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I hunt with a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and am completely satisfied. Easy to set up, arrow sits down in the v-notch, nicely accurate, and my fletching isn't contacting anything but air. Works for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lessdog, 222ND, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,066
Posts18,482,544
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.