B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If I had a kid of military age right now, I'd tell him or her to go......(oh wait, I've got one boy and one girl that age)....well, I'd tell them to go where they were ordered since they signed up to serve their country.

And if they were drafted, I'd tell them to be an American citizen and patriot, not be a wuss, and put a fire out someplace on behalf of others.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oh yeah, I think I just told a soldier that this morning. No wonder it seems familiar.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My Marine just got home but several times a day I pray for the safety of our young men (and women) that are voluntarily putting their asses on the line for us. God bless every one of them. If I was King I’d not waste one more good American or spill one more drop of our blood on that god forsaken chithole or the dung beetles that inhabit it.

Mike74, May God watch over your son and his brothers and thank you for raising the type of man that we in this country need more of. God bless you and your wife and I hope that if you can sleep (😉) you can sleep soundly knowing that you’re in our prayers.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My Marine just got home but several times a day I pray for the safety of our young men (and women) that are voluntarily putting their asses on the line for us. God bless every one of them. If I was King I’d not waste one more good American or spill one more drop of our blood on that god forsaken chithole or the dung beetles that inhabit it.

Mike74, May God watch over your son and his brothers and thank you for raising the type of man that we in this country need more of. God bless you and your wife and I hope that if you can sleep (😉) you can sleep soundly knowing that you’re in our prayers.

Thank you and thanks to your son for his service. And thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

IC B2

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by JamesJr
...If I had a son of military age right now, and he was about to be sent to Syria, Iraq, or Afghanistan, I'd tell him to go for a visit to Canada...

A real patriot.

What's patriotic...t?

Exactly...

What's patriotic about doing your duty for your country?

You three no doubt never served your country in combat; probably take a knee whenever the flag passes or when they play our Anthem.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Pal, that's a pretty low strategy to make an argument by cutting and pasting someone's statements up to say something different than what they actually said.

This is what I said exactly to: "10% of Syria is Christian. Assad leaves them alone. If his government is overthrown the country will fall into the hands of Islamic radicals."

Which is clear, if you actually reproduce my entire statement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pal, that's a pretty low strategy to make an argument by cutting and pasting someone's statements up to say something different than what they actually said.

Bristoe does it to me, thought it was a "Fire" thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Mike74
This is all about whose dick is bigger between Trump and Putin.

Putin knows whos dick is bigger. Now planet Earth does too.

If Putin's dick was as big as Trumps, he could use it as a kickstand.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pal, that's a pretty low strategy...

Easy for those who have never served to criticize those who have, and to layout how they would shirk their duty to their country, or encourage others to do the same.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Patriotic is fighting next to your brother to ensure he makes it home and to keep other brother's from having to go.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I searched life like humans - because I wondered how hard it would be these days to get life like dummies whatever you want to call them . They come in any and every age sex color it appears .

Faking photos would be a bit easier these days -- just saying .. I could be fooled that this was a real baby .

https://www.ashtondrake.com/

Last edited by ol_mike; 04/14/18.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Russia tacitly conceded there was a gas attack when they said Great Britain did it. A worldwide conspiracy by photojournalists - I love it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Russia tacitly conceded there was a gas attack when they said Great Britain did it. A worldwide conspiracy by photojournalists - I love it.

I don’t know what Assad has to gain by gassing civilians and I didn’t understand his actions last April either. Something is rotten in Denmark...

I’m very skeptical of the whole chitshow and I’m trying to withhold prognosticating about the puppet masters and their motives. I can see some rogue commander getting a wild hair and loading a chopper with chlorine gas, it’s not rare, fragile or tough to get chlorine and it can be a nasty weapon but I just don’t think Assad is stupid enough to use it knowing that there’ll be serious repercussions for doing so. I can also see a situation where Russia has ulterior motives and uses this as a justification for doing something that benefits them or hurts us. The days and weeks ahead will tell us more but irregardless of the political theater I support our President because I FINALLY have a President I can trust, at least until he demonstrates that he can’t be trusted. President Trump loves this country in a way no other president since Reagan has loved it and I believe he believes that he’s doing the right thing.

I’m not ready to join the few here that have been chomping at the bit for a chance to jump ship nor do I think they’re even remotely close to being accurate in their 2020 predictions with all the Kabuki theater going on behind the scenes. To think that you know what’s happening in the deep state or that because of this punitive strike General Mattis is a sucker is not something I find believable. Having trust in those in high places is an unusual (and uneasy) feeling but one that by my nature I’m inclined to go with until proven wrong, which I hope doesn’t happen.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I don’t know what Assad has to gain by gassing civilians and I didn’t understand his actions last April either. Something is rotten in Denmark...

I’m very skeptical of the whole chitshow and I’m trying to withhold prognosticating about the puppet masters and their motives. I can see some rogue commander getting a wild hair and loading a chopper with chlorine gas, it’s not rare, fragile or tough to get chlorine and it can be a nasty weapon but I just don’t think Assad is stupid enough to use it knowing that there’ll be serious repercussions for doing so. I can also see a situation where Russia has ulterior motives and uses this as a justification for doing something that benefits them or hurts us. The days and weeks ahead will tell us more but irregardless of the political theater I support our President because I FINALLY have a President I can trust, at least until he demonstrates that he can’t be trusted. President Trump loves this country in a way no other president since Reagan has loved it and I believe he believes that he’s doing the right thing.

I’m not ready to join the few here that have been chomping at the bit for a chance to jump ship nor do I think they’re even remotely close to being accurate in their 2020 predictions with all the Kabuki theater going on behind the scenes. To think that you know what’s happening in the deep state or that because of this punitive strike General Mattis is a sucker is not something I find believable. Having trust in those in high places is an unusual (and uneasy) feeling but one that by my nature I’m inclined to go with until proven wrong, which I hope doesn’t happen.

Surprise!! Good post............

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I can't speak to any worldwide conspiracy of photojournalists, but Russia claimed that Britain, as well as the white helmets, staged the attack. They didn't claim that they carried it out. That would be consistent with faked photos and videos, although it doesn't make it true. Here is a link http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-13/russia-says-syria-chemical-attack-staged/9657314

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Haven't studied Assad but he reminds me of Stalin. A portion of the population is being a pain in the ass so just kill them. Pure evil. The Russians want influence in the Middle East but above all a warm water port. Always have. So they have to tolerate the maniac even when he makes life more complicated for them. Note hint at Pentagon briefing that Russian radar was on but did not engage. Not to provoke the coalition powers and punish Assad for his unauthorized "indiscretion?"

Syria is a cluster f. from all perspectives and may turn into another Afghanistan for the Russians. Who knows? So long as it's not another Afghanistan for us. CW is another thing and I don't think Russia wants the complications. But Assad is not completely tractable.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SCT
I can't speak to any worldwide conspiracy of photojournalists, but Russia claimed that Britain, as well as the white helmets, staged the attack. They didn't claim that they carried it out. That would be consistent with faked photos and videos, although it doesn't make it true. Here is a link http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-13/russia-says-syria-chemical-attack-staged/9657314

The fact that Britain actually had a tactical role in the strike lends credibility to that assertion since Britain rarely puts their teacups down long enough to do anything meaningful anymore but considering the fact that Britain isn’t happy with Russia poisoning a bunch of “their” Russian double agents on their turf I could see them using a false flag to blacken Putin’s eye through the fog of the Syrian war. I’m not sure Israel had as much say in this strike as our gentile friends believe but I had a big Pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie deli in Vegas last week so I’m a bit biased. 😉

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SCI, I read the article. Suppose it's possible that it could have been staged so look to motive. Why go to all that trouble to destroy three facilities that could have been destroyed on principle alone? And the strike didn't materially alter the political situation in Syria. There is no question that Assad has a history of using CW on civilians.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump said he wanted American forces out of the Middle East and that's his popular political support...

US troops in Afghanistan were around 10,000 at time of Trumps election win, now its around 15,000

Qatar hosts the largest U.S. base in the Middle East,. (Al Udeid Air Base) an estimated 10,000 U.S. military personnel.
capable of accommodating 120 aircraft. The U.S. Combined Air Operations Center is located there, providing command and control
of U.S. and allied air power throughout the region, especially over Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

Iraq = 5000+ US sevicemen
Kuwait = 15,000
Bahrain =7000
UAE = 5000
Jordan = 1500

The US aint leaving the M.E. in your lifetime .....or the next.

UK has stated they see themselves having an on going presence in Afghanistan for next 30 + yrs,
In fact, most Western coalition forces continue to maintain a certain amount of troops there.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (300_savage, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 24 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,012
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.