Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I got up this mornin' and they weren't no new car in *my* driveway?

Is your standard dictated by the effect on you, the economy, or what you perceive as the futility of the act?

Absolutely. My opinion on how the government behaves is totally and completely dependent on how it benefits *me*.

If government isn't in the business of benefitting the people it's elected to represent,...what the fug good is it?

Let's just do without it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I mean,...you know,...if government ain't in the business of representing *me*,...I might as well let North Korea handle my business.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Absolutely. My opinion on how the government behaves is totally and completely dependent on how it benefits *me*.

How do you reconcile that with the libertarian theory of extremely limited government?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

How do you reconcile that with the libertarian theory of extremely limited government?

I'm not a libertarian. Libertarian ideology will never be worldwide and the only way it could ever work would be for that to happen.

I'm a Nationalist.

Ever nation that ever survives will espouse a Nationalist ideology.

China is up front in that regard these days.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Globalists want to kill Nationalism.

They've pretty much done that in most of Western Europe.

Hungary, Poland, and the Czech Republic are fighting against it,...as is Russia.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I mean,...you know,...if government ain't in the business of representing *me*,...I might as well let North Korea handle my business.

Oh how they would love to do that, just like the dimocrats.

You would 'progress" from mowing grass to growing grass.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/14/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If a Nationalist theory is the only guideline, the Syrian strike is a good thing, far as stimulatin the economy.

Even while it may not have benefited you personally.

And, they didn't let no Syrians into the country.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I don’t know what Assad has to gain by gassing civilians and I didn’t understand his actions last April either. Something is rotten in Denmark...

Haven't studied Assad but he reminds me of Stalin. A portion of the population is being a pain in the ass so just kill them. Pure evil. The Russians want influence in the Middle East but above all a warm water port. Always have. So they have to tolerate the maniac even when he makes life more complicated for them. Note hint at Pentagon briefing that Russian radar was on but did not engage. Not to provoke the coalition powers and punish Assad for his unauthorized "indiscretion?"

Syria is a cluster f. from all perspectives and may turn into another Afghanistan for the Russians. Who knows? So long as it's not another Afghanistan for us. CW is another thing and I don't think Russia wants the complications. But Assad is not completely tractable.

You seem to think you're an expert, so please, tell me why we are in Syria?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Oh how they would love to do that, just like the dimocrats.

You would 'progress" from mowing grass to growing grass.

Well,...if this was truly a government "of the people, by the people, and *for* the people,........the people could buy pot at the grocery store.

But Jeff Sessions is out there making sure that doesn't happen,...instead of prosecuting Hillary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and it's like Dirtball2 seein a spider.

1) rent free

2) bonafide

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ismith
You seem to think you're an expert, so please, tell me why we are in Syria?

Because we effed up - don't need to be an expert to figure that out. And I don't claim to be one either, I just pay attention to stuff going on around me.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
SCI, I read the article. Suppose it's possible that it could have been staged so look to motive. Why go to all that trouble to destroy three facilities that could have been destroyed on principle alone? And the strike didn't materially alter the political situation in Syria. There is no question that Assad has a history of using CW on civilians.

Nighthawk, there are plenty of questions as to whether Assad used CW on his own people. Ask Mattis http://www.newsweek.com/now-mattis-...assad-using-poison-gas-his-people-801542 The evidence against him just doesn't exist.

The interesting thing is that none of these CW attacks make political or military sense for Assad, unless he just wants to invite an attack from the West jeopardizing a war he has virtually won.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Fireball2
and it's like Dirtball2 seein a spider.

1) rent free

2) bonafide

Not at all.

Your handle/existence is just a nomenclature.

Like SOB, DSMF, POS, DB2, that sort of thing.

Handy ta use, and saves time cause the reader knows that a special kinda stupidity is bein referenced.

No question, the highest and best use for your life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SCI, I don't see an up side for us either in faking it considering what we hit changed nothing except reducing his CW capabilities and generate yet more Russian propoganda. And if it leaked that it was a setup (what doesn't leak in DC) it would be a holy sh-- moment. Kinda risky play. Always question but don't forget to ask the next question.

Maybe not evidence to an ontological certainty but enough to win in court. Caught Newsweek WAY over-hyping a coronal hole event last week(?). They were predicting everything but the Apocalypse. Checked NOAA observations and it turned out it was a tiny solar fart (G1 level storm) that didn't even cause a decent aurora.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
generate yet more Russian propoganda.

,...generated a hell of a lot of American propaganda too. Have you watched any of the cable news lately?

FOX, MSNBC, and CNN are back on the same page again.

Well,...CNN and MSNBC tries to throw a bit of anti Trump stuff in with it. But bottom line,..they're all in favor of the air strike on Syria.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been watching Fox, MSNBC, CNN, C-Span a whole lot since this thing started. Lotsa spin one way from Fox, Spin the other way from MSNBC. And CNN people mostly look confused and go back to peeing hookers. Filter, filter, filter. You can catch some interesting tidbits.

The thing about our media is that if Fox, CNN, or MSNBC gets a fact wrong the others will go for blood. Notice all the weasle-wording in the opinion part after the setup piece. Never happens with RT and TASS.

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Pal, that's a pretty low strategy to make an argument by cutting and pasting someone's statements up to say something different than what they actually said.

This is what I said exactly to: "10% of Syria is Christian. Assad leaves them alone. If his government is overthrown the country will fall into the hands of Islamic radicals."

Which is clear, if you actually reproduce my entire statement.

Which is what happens when we stay out of those countries then Islamic Radicals move in.
How many times do you people have to watch it happened?
We have no choice.
Letting them rebuild their bases has never worked. They only see that as weakness and another green
light for the next 9-11 or worse.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Pal, that's a pretty low strategy to make an argument by cutting and pasting someone's statements up to say something different than what they actually said.

This is what I said exactly to: "10% of Syria is Christian. Assad leaves them alone. If his government is overthrown the country will fall into the hands of Islamic radicals."

Which is clear, if you actually reproduce my entire statement.

Which is what happens when we stay out of those countries then Islamic Radicals move in.
How many times do you people have to watch it happened?
We have no choice.
Letting them rebuild their bases has never worked. They only see that as weakness and another green
light for the next 9-11 or worse.

Like when we stayed out of Iraq and Libya right?

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Bristoe, you make a good traitor, and a really lousy Republican.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by pal

Bristoe, you make a good traitor, and a really lousy Republican.

I'm not a traitor and I couldn't care less about allegiance to a political party.

My ideology is Nationalist. If the Republicans ever start representing that I'm fine with them.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, 338rcm, 7mm_Loco, 6mmbrfan, Angus1895, 11 invisible), 1,360 guests, and 808 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,950
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.