Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Anybody have or use one.Thanks ahead,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had one. Traded to a member on here. Glass was excellent. I simply wanted a non ranging reticle.

Otherwise, it’s a great scope.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I assume you've seen the Eurooptics closeout on them:

https://www.eurooptic.com/51055-Leica-Leica-ER-5-2-10x50-scope-with-mag-ballistic-reti.aspx

IMHO they are a steal at this price. I can't think of another scope of equal quality for anywhere near the same money. I bought several Leica ER and ERi Scopes last year because they are great glass for the money. Optically I prefer them to Swarovski AV's that I compared them side by side with. Not as good as the Swaro X5 but the X5 is 4x the price. :-)

The reticules are mid to slightly heavy thickness which is ideal for Hunting but not for a pure target scope. Leica doesn't have as slick a ballistic calculator online as Swaro does so it might take a little more work to figure out your subtensions and ranges for each bar but not a big deal at all if you know what you are doing.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/69976.jpg

These are 2 I had pics of in the gallery, a Fierce 6.5 Creed and a Sako M85 6.5x55.

All in all I'd buy another in a minute if I had a rifle that needed an excellent quality scope for a really good price. The only question you might ask yourself is if you might want to spend a few hundred more and get the ERi with a lighted dot in the reticle. Eurooptics I think still has a few with the illuminated reticle also. I personally really like a lighted reticle for hunting but a lot of folks might want to save the extra $3-400. Either way they are really nice glass for the price. To get much better glass you'll need to move into the 2k range of scopes...............dj

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a couple of the 2.5-10's with the #4 reticle on the way from Eurooptic.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

That is a great bang for the buck.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
yes it is.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Burbank
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

That is a great bang for the buck.

I missed it. I opened the email but was tired from work and went to sleep. When I woke up, they were gone. I've got too many scopes anyway. I'm fixing to sell a few that are still in the box and never mounted. I've added it up and think I've got enough laying around to buy a spotting scope.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by djpaintless
. . . Leica doesn't have as slick a ballistic calculator online as Swaro does so it might take a little more work to figure out your subtensions and ranges for each bar but not a big deal at all if you know what you are doing. . .

http://leicaflash.leica-camera.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
. . . Leica doesn't have as slick a ballistic calculator online as Swaro does so it might take a little more work to figure out your subtensions and ranges for each bar but not a big deal at all if you know what you are doing. . .

That one is pretty nice if you have the IBS reticle. But it doesn't have he standard or magnum Ballistic "christmas tree" reticle's. Maybe they will add them. :-)

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by wesheltonj

That one is pretty nice if you have the IBS reticle. But it doesn't have he standard or magnum Ballistic "christmas tree" reticle's. Maybe they will add them. :-)

The Leica Ballistic is there too. No Magnum Ballistic.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Magnum Ballistic reticle was never intended for distribution outside of Europe so the Leica USA site has no detail on it

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 204guy, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,022
Posts18,500,450
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.