-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
What is the current legality? I know way back they were banned and folks were supposed to turn them in. I'm not a Californio so excuse my ignorance. So are they legal again? Do you have to have some castrated form of them, like back when the AWB was in effect across the country?

What about capacity? Are high caps legal?

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Well, first I want to say that I'm not completely sure as to just what the laws currently are. But I do know that no one is selling any AR style center fires any more. There are some efforts being made to build such rifles with non pistol grip stocks, and no flash hiders, etc. but they are not catching on to my knowledge. In theory, the owners of such banned guns are suppose to dispose of them. Such owners apparently have to transport them to another state and sell them there. I have no idea what those owning such rifles are suppose to do if they move here with their AR's. I understand the new laws are being challenged in court by the NRA, etc.
Magazines holding more than 10 rds. are now banned. Those who have them are also suppose to dispose of them somehow.
On top of all of this, one can buy either Ruger Mini 14's or Mini 30 and 10 rd. magazines for them. M1A's are also legal if they come with a muzzle brake, not a flash suppressor. The Remington and Browning semi auto hunting rifles are still legal to buy as well.
Even the better gun stores have trouble keeping up with the laws. I was told, for instance in one, that I can't hunt with my M1A with a 10 rd. magazine. But when I contacted Kalifornia's Dept of Fish & Wildilfe, I was informed that this isn't so.
Please don't ask me why I still live here. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No ARs with conventional mag releases have been sold in CA for many years. Bullet Button mag release rifles were legal up until 1-1-2018. After that, no more are to be sold in CA. Owners are grandfathered and can keep their rifles. 80% built ARs with a Bullet Button must apply for a serial number and register before 6-30-2018. After that, if not registered they fall under the ban and are illegal to own. No AR style rifle can be sold to anyone in CA or passed on to heirs. They must either be taken out of state, surrendered to police, or destroyed. People moving into CA cannot bring AR style firearms into the state.

NoCAL

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man KA should have zero crime/murder by now then it sounds like!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Man KA should have zero crime/murder by now then it sounds like!

Well hell yeah!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's why CA is a crime-free utopia.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
All Criminals have their own.carry permit good forever and law abiding citizens are at their mercy !
Hope fully all law abiding citizens that love to shoot and hunters migrate to other good States then California can
Fall off the in.ocean forever !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't find one of these in a State that allows AR's. Apparently they are all going to States behind enemy lines.

kwg

https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by NoCAL
No AR style rifle can be sold to anyone in CA or passed on to heirs. They must either be taken out of state, surrendered to police, or destroyed. People moving into CA cannot bring AR style firearms into the state.

NoCAL

Same here in NY. I don't see how this can pass the equal protection under the law test. I'm allowed to own one but I can't give it to my kids? Soon to be residents don't have the same rights as current residents? Fuggin liberal logic, but no one seems to want to test it in the courts in case they lose.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for all the replies men. I appreciate it. I thought perhaps the courts had overturned the Draconian bans, but apparently not.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I believe Canada has some similar rules about giving to your kids etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have been reading up on mass migration from CA after I saw Tucker do a piece on it. Has to be worthy of calling it historic.

Wonder who'll be left to buy scumbag lefty politicians their brandy new Beemers for them in a few years?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
talking with friends caught behind enemy lines gives me hope for commiefornia. this latest stupidity by Brown and company just may have started the avalanche needed to change it for the better.
Originally Posted by kwg020
You can't find one of these in a State that allows AR's. Apparently they are all going to States behind enemy lines.

kwg

Oh hell yes! going to build one!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker
talking with friends caught behind enemy lines gives me hope for commiefornia. this latest stupidity by Brown and company just may have started the avalanche needed to change it for the better.
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Oh hell yes! going to build one!

If you find a lower expect it to be pricey. They also require a trigger different from the AR's as I understand it.

Here is a builders link on AR15.com

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/FightLite-ARES-SCR-Pics/118-672281/

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anything you want to know about guns and Kommiefornia head to

Calguns.net

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow New guy here, but a member of Calguns.net.
Most of what you have here is absolute BS about AR in Calif.
Seem there is always and expert on these forums who just has to post about subjects they know nothing about.
For the fact to go Calguns.
On I'm one of those leaving the Communist state of California after 66 years here.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just laugh a little reading all the FUD. Calguns also has some of the top experts on gun laws not only for Kommiefornia but also the US. When your constantly fighting for your rights you tend to understand them more than most.

Originally Posted by Traveler52
Wow New guy here, but a member of Calguns.net.
Most of what you have here is absolute BS about AR in Calif.
Seem there is always and expert on these forums who just has to post about subjects they know nothing about.
For the fact to go Calguns.
On I'm one of those leaving the Communist state of California after 66 years here.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,008
Posts18,500,123
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.